The March QOL Beta is Coming Monday!

3 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Pretty sure it’s so people can’t join a world and then immediately hammer pig houses to speed run getting boards, Cutstone & pigskin.

I’m guilty of doing this a few times myself, but it’s not too big of a change so long as you know how to find and get those things the “intended” way.

go to meteor field that 99% of the time is generated near the portal to build a science machine and there you have you hammer, the same thing you will do without it being locked behind tier 1 science

9 minutes ago, Capybara007 said:

What is the problem with that

That’s not a question you should ask me.. I’m not a developer of the game, but from my point of view: If Klei’s design intention is so that you start the game and the craft an Axe/Pickaxe to then Chop Wood & Mine Rocks: Then having early access to the hammer disrupts this intended chain of gameplay.

You could “SpeedRun” science/alchemy engines without needing to first learn how to make boards- So assuming they DID move hammer to needing to be prototyped: That’s the most likely reason I can figure.

But also it probably helps to prevent fresh joining players who intend to grief from being able to cause widespread destruction without putting a little more “effort” (something grief players hate..) into doing it.

5 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

That’s not a question you should ask me.. I’m not a developer of the game, but from my point of view: If Klei’s design intention is so that you start the game and the craft an Axe/Pickaxe to then Chop Wood & Mine Rocks: Then having early access to the hammer disrupts this intended chain of gameplay.

You could “SpeedRun” science/alchemy engines without needing to first learn how to make boards- So assuming they DID move hammer to needing to be prototyped: That’s the most likely reason I can figure.

But also it probably helps to prevent fresh joining players who intend to grief from being able to cause widespread destruction without putting a little more “effort” (something grief players hate..) into doing it.

then why you can hammer pig houses if isnt intended to get resources from them?????? i dont like to hammer them but i dont think klei's vision is to force us to respect the structures generated and less with such useless change

you can be more destructive with just a torch...

1 minute ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

then why you can hammer pig houses if isnt intended to get resources from them?????? i dont like to hammer them but i dont think klei's vision is to force us to respect the structures generated and less with such useless change

you can be more destructive with just a torch...

What I mean is: if hammer is moved to needing to learn first (we don’t know if it has or has not been yet so it’s all speculations) then the Player needs to first obtain: Axe/Pickaxe, Gold then build Science or Alchemy Machine (idk which so I’m only guessing..) to prototype the Hammer.

The hammer is designed to destroy pig houses.. but: I don’t think they intended you to get planks/Cutstones & Pig Skins as fast as we could when hammer is outside of prototyping- being locked behind prototyping means we first need to gather enough wood/rocks/gold to unlock the Hammer.

And if it’s locked behind Alchemy Engine to obtain: Also means you need to fully create an Alchemy Engine by refining boards/stones yourself without being able to hammer down a pig house or two to skip that process.

AG looks awesome, but again, my dst phase is over, I will go over what I like this qol though

I LOVE Ancient Guardian and how he looks, is he being corrupted or sum? I might not see that, but just maybe

I'm not so sure abt the new crafting menu now, there should be an option on what you want the crafting menu to be

LORE NUGGETS? Nice, tips, won't need, but it definitely gives MC vibes!

WOLFGANG CHANGES? THESE BETTER BE GOOD :D
speed, Klei? (JOKE)

okay, that's all i wanted to say, remember, stay safe, and I'll be logging off for the year, see you guys in a year or two if I ever come back to dst

9 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

that is kinda explained in school when they tell you that you shouldnt plant the same kind of trees in the same soil over and over and over but plant other stuff to recover certain nutrients or let the ground "rest" by no planting at all during a period of time...

What sort of school do you go to?

38 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

Come now, Crop Rotation and Erosion are Basic Highschool geography, I'm sure it was in your curriculum somewhere too, but it's normal not to have any recollection of it, just as I have absolutely no recollection of what integrals are despite supposedly learning them back in highschool.

2 hours ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

one from a country that doesnt invest anything in education so i would be surprise if other people didnt get that kind of knowledge in their schools and high schools

other thing is that we forget stuff or we dont pay attention because how bad the system is

8 hours ago, Dextops said:

my opinion has changed not out of my free will but because my mouse feels like ******* with me and when i scroll down it will some times just scroll up because it hates me

My last mouse used to be like this. Playing Creative Mode without the Craft Tab Enabler mod was impossible.

3 hours ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

I learned about this in middle school, in a history class.

Ngl, I'm a little nervous about the crafting menu change. That is such a big part of this game and something I've gotten used to for the last 5 or so years. The current crafting menu doesn't take up much screen space, and only what is necessary extends into your view. It is easy to craft with the left hand on keyboard while the right hand on the mouse is free and ready to react to the hostile Constant. With just 1 to 2 keyboard inputs, one can perform repeat crafts. Also, crafting is more linear, and with a WASD navigation, super intuitive, necessary for reacting quickly. All of this combined gives players a fighting chance in a world that kills you easily when you are unprepared or are slow to react. Out of all the crafting menus I've played with, DST's is my favorite because it does the job so well. Changing it feels like changing DST, but I'm trying to trust you guys and am excited for all the other additions and changes coming with the QoL update. 

15 hours ago, Peyo33 said:

I don't like the menu so much.. i have to try..

Please, make the geometric placement real for console and a way to share the belonging with the steam account and console!

Let make it real please <3

I don't think sharing belongings is possible cause Sony and Microsoft

On 2/26/2022 at 1:48 PM, Dr.Medic said:

so in your opinion, you are only allowed to do possitive feedback? and if you say something negative to something, its only because of "the hate of change"? and there have been people more talkin about why they dont like it, like that its way to big and all that, just goin to ignore that?

Thats not at all my opinion and what I wanted to say, sorry when it sounded like that. Of course there are a lot of people that have good points, say it in a mannered way and thats totally fine. But if you read through the pages you will see there are also lots of negative comments without any argumentation. 

And to make my point clear again:
We got an teaser image from an preview of an beta, Klei doesn't need to do that but they do it for us. Some people there worked hard on this for months to give us cool stuff! Comments like "I don't like it and want the old one back" or "why doing this, I wanted something else" without even trying it out for more than 5min and giving it a fair chance is really disrespectful in my opinion! It's like someone cooks you a meal for hours to make you happy and without tasting it you say: "don't like it, put it away". And then something like this is called "giving feedback"... That's not feedback for me. 

Why can't we just get excited for tomorrow for this big QOL Update, try it out, give it a chance and than say what we lilke (and there will be a lot of great stuff!) and what can be done better (done right this is also extremly important). 

I'm sorry I got carried away with my emotions and this got so off-topic. So I will stop this now. I'm just sad that comments on the internet lost a lot of respect and quality in communication over the last years, especially against the hard work of other people. But also: There are a lot of great people here in this forum, thanks for that :)

At first glance I wasn't so sure if I liked the new crafting, but after I saw you can pin items, I don't see myself having any problems with it, I can pin all my combat needs and open up the menu for other things, things that I probably wouldn't craft near danger anyway, so the big UI shouldn't be a problem. If there's one thing I'd suggest, that would be an option to set the transparency of the crafting UI in the settings so you can see all those shadow splumonkeys behind the UI.

As far as I can tell, Wolfgang is getting a marble dumbbell and now gains mightiness when he lands a hit, which is nice.

Ancient Guardian looks like it's slowly becoming a shadow rook (not that I'm expecting it to literally transform into one in-game of course), and there's a small pillar next to it? Does it spawn pillars out of the ground to attack like Antlion maybe to mix up the pattern a bit and prevent cheese? Not sure how the shadow tentacles will play out, might be rough for solo players but I can't say that for sure without trying it myself.

If I had to guess how Deerclops is gonna work, it probably faces it's target right before the attack lands, so you can't just circle it to dodge the ice attack, but instead it makes the hitbox less misleading for new players and lets you sneak behind when it's attacking someone else.

Archived