The March QOL Beta is Coming Monday!

58 minutes ago, SonicDen220 said:

I think the only thing this crafting UI needs is color for tab icons, just to give it personality it had before.

Yeah I definitely agree. The old icons were prettier. I do wonder though if this is feasible since the new ones are much smaller than the old icons so giving each one color + line art might make it seem cluttered since there are a lot more of them now too… which is why I’m assuming they went for this monochromatic look. 

Small nitpick, but I’m personally also not a huge fan of character specific tab icons seemingly being replaced by just a black silhouette of their head. I’ve always liked the unique icons and names of the character tabs. 

The increased clarity (no infinite scrolling etc) and added functionality like pinning ofcourse seem nice, just gonna be a lil jarring adjusting to the new visuals. 

I also wonder how unique tabs like celestial and pseudo-science will appear? I always liked the way they popped up at the bottom of the bar with a *ding* noise when u approach their crafting stations. 

Also since there seems to be a saddle tab which I’m assuming would also contain salt lick, beef brush and grooming station, shouldn’t the beef bell be moved there as well? Feels weird to leave it in the tools tab if there’s a dedicated saddle/beef tab.

28 minutes ago, Ohan said:

Feels weird to leave it in the tools tab if there’s a dedicated saddle/beef tab.

I imagine a lot of recipes will be in multiple filters. Which would make sense because a lot of recipes honestly do fit in multiple categories/tabs, like dark sword possibly both being in magic and weapons, and etc.

2 minutes ago, Hornete said:

I imagine a lot of recipes will be in multiple filters. Which would make sense because a lot of recipes honestly do fit in multiple categories/tabs, like dark sword possibly both being in magic and weapons, and etc.

i do kinda disagree
a lot of items fit into one tab and nothing else the only things i can think of that could fit into other tabs is the tools which makes sense because you use tools to do those things and weapons outside of the weapons tab same with armour

I know this may be really fast at saying something about the new crafting tab and sounding like I'm complaining about the new craft tab but it looks good tho for simplicity and categorization reasons to be able to get to stuff in there respective category faster then the one that we have now. but I am a little curious in if we would be able to switch between the two craft tabs in the setting if it is compatible.

(mined you there are probably some people making that as a mod for the game so that my question may be irrelevant)

5 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Not a fan of the new UI.. the old one was mostly fine, though I do get the feeling it might make PC players now need to stand completely still like us Console players to craft things: and if that’s the case LMAO it’s going to be a massive “game changing” change to them.

However: Any changes that get PC & Console closer to playing roughly the same so that we get one step closer to that Cross-Compatibility I guess I can understand.

I just know that if PC DOES now need to stand still like Console players crafting: there’s going to be even more angry/upset players then there was over Wolfgang Feedback.

If nothing else.. It’ll be entertaining to read the comments for a few weeks while the Beta is on-going.

Ancient Guardian rework looks pretty cool though, hopefully it’s new phases are fun.

i think youll only need to stand still if you use the search function, at least i hope so, cause thats going to take forever to get used to otherwise

• Crafting menu has been redesigned. We are looking forward to your suggestions and feedback on the new system when the beta is released.
    Im still on the fence with this.  8 to 9 years of crafting experience down the drain.  I would suggest  maybe have it toggleable from the original side version.
    Just like the picture shows alot of crafting can happen in the middle of combat and trying to weild that giant ui  can cause pains lol

• Wolfgang tweaks and improvements.
    Nice having more upgrades
  • Ancient Guardian has been reworked into a multi stage fight.
    Cool more interesting things to play with :D

• Deerclops attack is now directional.
    Makes wendy more powerful because abby no longer gets hit if positioned correctly
    Plus the orignal aoe was not even that big and did less damage  deerclops attack was still directional They just got rid of the small aoe that was at the base of his attack.
  • The loading screen now has tips and lore nuggets.
    I hear people complaining about this but honestly there are lots of things in the game That you would never find out about
    Like tell me when was the last time some one made a compass to identify where someone else also holding a compass was on the map.(this mechanic came out 4-5 years ago)
  • you would never find this out on your own. tips like this would be good to have.
    or maybe like how insulation is still good for spring since wetness lowers temperature.
  • Options screen has a description for each setting.
    Good information to have
  • Steam Cloud Save support
    yay for world saves!

24 minutes ago, Baark0 said:

i think youll only need to stand still if you use the search function, at least i hope so, cause thats going to take forever to get used to otherwise

Honestly? No it won’t.. if anything you will do like me & other console players already do and prep everything your taking into a fight BEFORE you go into the fight.

Because yeah, while crafting items in the middle of a fight CAN be done (in the same way you needed to stand still to lift weights to regain Might as Wolfgang) Most the time your going to want to bring everything with you ahead of the fight.

Its a HUGE change for PC players who are spoiled with being used to being able to walk and craft at the same time: But it’s also something that IF is indeed happening you will quickly adapt and get used to- Just like if you choose to play the game on Xbox/PlayStation using a controller.

From the image it seems like the dress tab is removed and divided into sub-categories. Like armor, sanity, winter, summer, rain, utility etc. 

This was probably done since the dress tab has been, for a long time, a large list of items you had to scroll through. But I think dividing it into small categories like that just complicates it further. Why not utilize the bigger space and lay out all the items on there? 

Oh also I would like the colors for the tabs back. And the option to make it tweakable. Thanks. 

I definitely think the crafting menu can definitely be improved upon... I like the quick nature of the old one. It helps during bosses and in life or death situations... this is cluttered and I can see it being a detriment. I hope this goes through some revision.

4 hours ago, Hornete said:

I imagine a lot of recipes will be in multiple filters.

1 hour ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

it will be in both tabs

To me that seems unnecessary but okay I guess? If there’s gonna be a dress tab.. or rather filter now, I personally don’t see the benefit of adding beefalo or winter hat under both dress and winter filters etc. I thought the problem with the old tabs was unnecessary over-clogging.

If there are dedicated filters now for stuff like beefalo domestication and winter gear do their crafts really need to appear anywhere else? 

31 minutes ago, SinancoTheBest said:

Well that's not the situation with watering can it seems, which I assume was banished to the farming tab

Good point. This is a really good change imo. 

idk what to expect from the Wolfgang update but if 2 things happen I'll be 100% satisfied.

1) Mightiness is maintained by an active play style.  This seems to be evident in the screen shot, with the green ring around the mighty meter as Wolfgang's hit connects.  This is the right move.  I wonder if this applies to other uses of mighty, such as rowing, chopping, mining.  If it applies to all uses of mighty this is a massive buff to Wolfgang and puts him where (I think) he should be.

2) Rowing gains a max speed boost.  Its been exposed, so I'm sure everyone here knows, Wolfgang "rowing faster" amounts to a very negligible boost as his max speed remains the same.  He really just reaches max speed a few paddles earlier which amounts to less than a second head start on any other character and there are no other gains.  With even a marginal top speed boost rowing (especially if rowing also works to maintain mightiness as mentioned in step 1) Wolfgang will become a great survivor to hit up the oceans.

These would satisfy me 100%  If we only receive a boost in mightiness while fighting I'll still call it good enough though.  Really that was the fundamental frustration I had with his refresh.  Forcing a player to be inactive, especially when their core perk is time-efficiency just feels bad.  Even if he only gains some might during fights that will at least make his combat efficient, and ensure he stays mighty for longer fights (toad, cc, etc)

Pardon me if I repeat things that have already been said, but I'm not about to read 8 pages' worth of commentary. :P

The new crafting UI looks amazing. As far as I can tell, the 'bulky' new menu will be collapsible by clicking on the crafting hammer icon. And when collapsed, it will look a lot like the slim, unintrusive bar we all know and love, except it's gonna consist of "pinned" recipes rather than crafting tabs.

I am all on fu-, err, florping board!

Archived