The March QOL Beta is Coming Monday!

4 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

why you asume it will lock the character?

From the screen shot we see Wolfgang hitting AG but the craft Menu is pulled up- which could mean you can move while using it, or the more likely thing: That’s the game in Auto-Pause like how you pull up the Craft Tab in Solo Play.

Klei devs did clearly state that their pipeline dream for the Dont Starve Franchise was/is Cross-Platform play at some point: So it wouldn’t surprise me if they needed to change things so both PC-Console play roughly the same way *shrugs*

Looks like there is a big crafting menu, and then a quicklinks crafting menu.  So you set your favorites that you'll craft on the go, and you have those readily available from a quicklist that probably has a very minimalist ui while the full tab opens over the screen.

Wolfgang updates?  Super excited to hear about it.  I wonder what they've come up with, this is a lot earlier than I was expecting from their last feedback on the subject.

2 hours ago, SadeceAtakan said:

Yeah, it looks a little bit jarring. But I'm guessing those are the temp arts that Joe mentioned.

I don't think the tab icons are temp art, they are very well done. I think it is good to have them in this style so they don't look like an item anymore. The temp art should be the frame and especially the background of the pinned favorites on the right sind (the squares).

1 hour ago, ZTheNecromancer said:

I can see why, but I see a few that would probably be better off fused together. Ex:

image.png.1c1a0c296c7b5ceef8354e20ad060415.png

and

image.png.58b311f7ed746c17ebe82277c3c4bdeb.png

It's good future-proofing. There may only be a handful of items in those categories now but with subsequent updates (or playing with mods), we will be better off in the long run. You may even assume that having those filters implies more of those items are on the way.

1 minute ago, DemonRebuilt said:

It's good future-proofing. There may only be a handful of items in those categories now but with subsequent updates (or playing with mods), we will be better off in the long run. You may even assume that having those filters implies more of those items are on the way.

Reign of Giants is nearly 10 year old and the only additions to the fighting tab since then were the trident and cookie cap 

I do appreciate your optimism however

16 minutes ago, Well-met said:

Reign of Giants is nearly 10 year old and the only additions to the fighting tab since then were the trident and cookie cap 

If you want to get technical: If Klei’s plans are to port SW/Ham content into DST then that’s a whole other set of already existing weapons and armors to add into DST.

Personally I would love something similar to a Corking Bat from Hamlet, it’s a little more powerful then a Spear and doesn’t spoil like Hambats do.

For some people they’ll say “bruh just use a Hambat..” but for me: often times my Hambat spoils while on my way to fight something.. the Corking Bat however: only losses durability when used.

Now that Wolfgang has a Marble Dumbell it’s also possible I’ll get something in between Hambat & Thelucite Club: A Marblized Bat.

The possibilities are limitless.

3 hours ago, CameoAppearance said:

I'm concerned about the size of that crafting menu. I've already managed to die from opening the crafting menu at the worst possible moment and failing to dismiss it fast enough, back when I was still in my first year of playing Don't Starve and hit the wrong key while spiders were chasing me through a swamp. An unwisely or accidentally opened panel that covers half the screen would make it difficult to even see enemies coming for you, let alone run away from them. I hope there's a streamlined version in the works, or it automatically collapses if you get attacked similarly to the wardrobe menu, or both. 

YES! This is _precisely_ why the size of that new crafting menu worries me--not being able to see the screen well in this game, = possible death.  (It's the same reason I don't like hanging out in the caves--you can't see clearly all around you even if it's daytime.)  That looks...REALLY freaking cumbersome.  Also...what if you don't have widescreen...?  (Yes, those players do exist.)

And it's not a "I Hate Change" toggle we need.  It's an "I Hate ANNOYING Change" toggle.  GOOD change, I'm fine with.  Such as Wolfgang apparently no longer being able to go into his shrinking animation while fighting?  That's awesome!  That, is a GOOD change.  Crafting menu that makes it so you can't freaking _see_, however, not so good.  I'm also likin' the Ancient Guardian's new emo makeover.

emowillow.png.fc95ae714a6bc780663ddef425c320e2.png

Emo Willow approves.

...Notorious

3 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

If you want to get technical: If Klei’s plans are to port SW/Ham content into DST then that’s a whole other set of already existing weapons and armors to add into DST.

Personally I would love something similar to a Corking Bat from Hamlet, it’s a little more powerful then a Spear and doesn’t spoil like Hambats do.

For some people they’ll say “bruh just use a Hambat..” but for me: often times my Hambat spoils while on my way to fight something.. the Corking Bat however: only losses durability when used.

Now that Wolfgang has a Marble Dumbell it’s also possible I’ll get something in between Hambat & Thelucite Club: A Marblized Bat.

The possibilities are limitless.

the possibilities are infact limited, klei will not work on dst forever and they will not port SW/Hamlet as it has been proven many times.

3 minutes ago, Well-met said:

the possibilities are infact limited, klei will not work on dst forever

this feels unnecessary... yes it would be more accurate to say "the possibilities are huge but still limited by the lifespan of the video game which will one day stop receiving updates" but everyone knows "the possibilities are limitless" means there are an infinite number of possible ideas for new weapons and armor, not that klei is going to continue updating the game until the heat death of the universe

24 minutes ago, Well-met said:

I know it's just nitpicking but there was also the napsack, tail o' three cats, and electric dart added to the fight tab since RoG.

And since this is not strictly a fight tab replacement but more of a weapons filter, you may see weapons from other tabs like the dark sword, glass cutter or bat bat as well.

3 minutes ago, DemonRebuilt said:

I know it's just nitpicking but there was also the napsack, tail o' three cats, and electric dart added to the fight tab since RoG.

And since this is not strictly a fight tab replacement but more of a weapons filter, you may see weapons from other tabs like the dark sword, glass cutter or bat bat as well.

but the glass cutter is the celestial tab

and the dark sword cannot be made from the alchemy engine like the others

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

though I do get the feeling it might make PC players now need to stand completely still like us Console players to craft things: and if that’s the case LMAO it’s going to be a massive “game changing” change to them.

I'd much rather get an update that allowed console players to move while using the crafting tab, inventory zoom, and map.

And maybe PC can get some of that target-lock that console players get XD

How long will Klei keep updating Don't Starve Together?  Well if you take their words literally, THIS long!

Spoiler

(no, I don't mean the literal length of the video.  I mean what the video is ABOUT.  You're lucky; I could've gone all "Timelapse of the Future" on you guys.  That one's a half hour long!

...hey, somebody used the phrase "heat death of the universe" on this forum, so I couldn't resist... ;)

...Notorious

19 minutes ago, Well-met said:

the possibilities are infact limited, klei will not work on dst forever and they will not port SW/Hamlet as it has been proven many times.

Awhile back ago in a now archived thread for something called Elevated Land, JoeW said that Dont Starve wasn’t ending anytime soon, and that it was good to have huge conversations & ideas like that because it helps them (Klei) determine in which direction they want to steer their ship (developmental focus) So I’m pretty sure it’s okay for us to let our wishes/desires/dreams for this game and this franchise to be known- Maybe they don’t have plans to work on DST Forever, but they just released an update for DS Solo and that’s nearly a 10 year old game.

DST is as new as 2017 for Xbox, what’s more.. it’s not even OUT YET on Nintendo so it’s birthing date will be sometime in 2022:

Your right, Klei may NOT work on DST forever but they’d be complete fools not to continue doing updates for the foreseeable future with the game just NOW launching on a brand new console platform.

None of that however, has anything to do with the Beta announcement: aside from some of us getting hyped that having all these different crafting tabs may “Potentially” mean more craftables added to those categories in future content updates.

Why do you have to be so negative about that? Especially with the goings on in the real world? Let us have our dreams about the longevity of the game we enjoy.

17 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

F? xD

In console you can lock a specific mob as a target, and your f will always attack that target even if other things are nearby.  Its very useful for fights like if you don't want to attack grumbles, no-eye'd deer, focus a specific hound / beefalo while kiting multiples etc.

sry idk if you've played console so idk if you are being cheeky or serious lol XD

Archived