The March QOL Beta is Coming Monday!

19 hours ago, lionking102 said:

Thats not at all my opinion and what I wanted to say, sorry when it sounded like that. Of course there are a lot of people that have good points, say it in a mannered way and thats totally fine. But if you read through the pages you will see there are also lots of negative comments without any argumentation. 

And to make my point clear again:
We got an teaser image from an preview of an beta, Klei doesn't need to do that but they do it for us. Some people there worked hard on this for months to give us cool stuff! Comments like "I don't like it and want the old one back" or "why doing this, I wanted something else" without even trying it out for more than 5min and giving it a fair chance is really disrespectful in my opinion! It's like someone cooks you a meal for hours to make you happy and without tasting it you say: "don't like it, put it away". And then something like this is called "giving feedback"... That's not feedback for me. 

Why can't we just get excited for tomorrow for this big QOL Update, try it out, give it a chance and than say what we lilke (and there will be a lot of great stuff!) and what can be done better (done right this is also extremly important). 

I'm sorry I got carried away with my emotions and this got so off-topic. So I will stop this now. I'm just sad that comments on the internet lost a lot of respect and quality in communication over the last years, especially against the hard work of other people. But also: There are a lot of great people here in this forum, thanks for that :)

Well said. Wisdom right here.

Thanks for the sneak peak, Klei. Looking forward to trying out the update!

5 minutes ago, Primalflower said:

you LIAR

I said around, not precisely. They usually release stuff a bit earlier than 5PM GMT.

Our canadian game developpers must have run into something, perhaps JoeW's car was burried under snow, JanH's partner used up all the hot water in the shower so he has to wait for the water to warm up and ScottHanson couldn't find his wallet, still looking for it. It's still quite early there in the forgotton edges of this planet.

Just now, SinancoTheBest said:

I said around, not precisely. They usually release stuff a bit earlier than 5PM GMT.

Our canadian game developpers must have run into something, perhaps JoeW's car was burried under snow, JanH's partner used up all the hot water in the shower so he has to wait for the water to warm up and ScottHanson couldn't find his wallet, still looking for it. It's still quite early there in the forgotton edges of this planet.

the annual klei family camping session ended in disaster when zarklord patched the tent up so nobody could leave

Friendly reminder this is a beta not an actual full update and also it’s not like klei gave a specific hour for when the update will release. All patterns of previous releases are just that: patterns, and not confirmations of when the update should release. Be patient, please.

edit: this did not age well

Unless there was an unknown issue that causes a delay, we almost always release at 10am Pacific. But just a note, this one is a test for the release and not an actual release, so we didn't plan for a normal rollout time. (Although the timing ended up working out about the same). 

3 minutes ago, JoeW said:

Unless there was an unknown issue that causes a delay, we almost always release at 10am Pacific. But just a note, this one is a test for the release and not an actual release, so we didn't plan for a normal rollout time. (Although the timing ended up working out about the same). 

Well, time to join some public worlds and rush Ancient Guardian then!

I am a huge fan of the Wolfgang re-re-work. The early game as Wolfgang is highly enjoyable. My only problem that I have with Wolfgang right now is that when you get hit it will send you back to normal mode. Which isn't the problem. The problem is that you start attacking the enemy again and when you become re-mighty it has an animation which essentially stuns you. While this animation is playing Wolfgang just gets hit again back into normal mode and the cycle continues.

Once again, I am a huge fan of the new mightiness mechanics, I just think that the animation for becoming mighty should not interrupt movement. Especially now that you can easily be put out of mighty form mid combat (in a way that is hard to control).

Archived