The March QOL Beta is Coming Monday!

Hey everybody. We just wanted to let you know that the beta for the next big QOL update will be coming up on the 28th. 

We're making some pretty big changes so we want to make sure we get some good testing and feedback in before it heads out to the live branch for everybody to play. 

What's in the beta:

• Crafting menu has been redesigned. We are looking forward to your suggestions and feedback on the new system when the beta is released.
  • Wolfgang tweaks and improvements.
  • Ancient Guardian has been reworked into a multi stage fight.
  • Deerclops attack is now directional.
  • The loading screen now has tips and lore nuggets.
  • Options screen has a description for each setting.
  • Steam Cloud Save support

I have a teaser image to share with you. It has some temp art in it still, but we think you'll find it interesting. 

recraft.png

See you Monday!

(Edit: Changed February QoL to March QoL)

oooh, ancient guadian looks awesome

not sold on the crafting tab rework LOOK but having it not be vertical is very very good. it just looks like big space  i'll check it out in action to see of course. just wanna come back and say that...come on, we need to admit the vertical scroll isnt well, especially with how many items there are, its easy to get lost. especially for people who do not instantly have all the knowledge and know where everything is.... i think right now it seems to be takin gup too much space of the screen, but the change is welcomed.
if anything, im disappointed this is another QoL that will skip singleplayer....
im thinking the little "lore" bits in loading screens will probably be stuff we already know form compendium or vignettes, but still on the lookout for any new or interesting thing
and of course, lets see what the wolfgang tweaks are

6 minutes ago, JoeW said:
  • Ancient Guardian has been reworked into a multi stage fight.
  • Crafting menu has been redesigned. We are looking forward to your suggestions and feedback on the new system when the beta is released.
  • The loading screen now has tips and lore nuggets.

Attention All Lore-hunters! Get to sifting this Monday! There may well be the answers to the mysteries!

And the AG fight rework will be something to behold.

Magnificent!

The sheer size of that crafting menu feels a little unwieldy (the old one had its downsides but I liked that it took up very little space so it was easy to navigate while doing something else)- but I see a lot of good looking things like what looks like a pinning system, more specific sorting and other little things

Lets see what the beta does for it!

Also hopefully a lil' something to make the wolfgang likers feel better.

Archived