The March QOL Beta is Coming Monday!

Just now, meow meow meow said:

if anything i wish the tab icons were still colored. everything is JUST black and brown here now

Yeaah first thing I noticed was the absence of the iconic red skull for the magic tab. :crushed:

18 minutes ago, JoeW said:

Hey everybody. We just wanted to let you know that the beta for the next big QOL update will be coming up on the 28th. 

We're making some pretty big changes so we want to make sure we get some good testing and feedback in before it heads out to the live branch for everybody to play. 

What's in the beta:

• Crafting menu has been redesigned. We are looking forward to your suggestions and feedback on the new system when the beta is released.
  • Wolfgang tweaks and improvements.
  • Ancient Guardian has been reworked into a multi stage fight.
  • Deerclops attack is now directional.
  • The loading screen now has tips and lore nuggets.
  • Options screen has a description for each setting.
  • Steam Cloud Save support

I have a teaser image to share with you. It still has some temp art in it still, but we think you'll find it interesting. 

recraft.png

See you Monday!

AHHHH THIS IS SO EXCITING LETS GOOOO

That crafting menu is huge... I hope there's a way to view a smaller version of it (kinda like how it is now). I feel like it would be super distracting to pull open that massive menu every time you want to craft something.

Also adding a hotkey to open and close that large menu would be huge.

2 minutes ago, Gold_Richard said:

U guys should add a option to change to the old crafting system, really liked the new one but the top icons really lack quality and the UI is very opaque

Do keep in mine that some of these assets are potentially placeholder- for example that umbrella doesn't really match at all so it's likely one of those.

With that said, I'm thinking those are basically 'subsection' sorting tabs rather than the crafting tabs themselves, they can be a little more plain.

The feeling of "Noooo, brain hates change" got me reluctant to the new UI, but I can't wait to try it!!!

Ancient Guardian looks EPIC

Wolfgang tweaks, huh... gonna be fun!

My first gut reaction to "tips and lore" on loading screens was "NO. Don't make game easier." but I think if it's regarding the key combinations, that's actually a really good idea. + lore... I wonder if there'll be something new?...

The Deerclops fix is very appreciated too. The fight with many people will be much more dynamic with attacking from behind >:)

The amount of categories in the crafting menu looks pretty confusing. That might take a while to remember, but I should keep my mouth shut until I actually use it in game x.x

EDIT: Can't help but notice ppl complaining about some of the art- wait for the beta, JoeW said some of it is just placeholder. 

Ancient guardian rework sounds really promising, the new crafting ui isn't looking too hot though not gonna lie. DST is already confusing enough on it's own, adding this many seperate crafting tabs (while admitidly probably being better gameplay-wise) doesn't seem like the right call here. Personally i think it would be logical to have an option for an old style crafting ui and the new one.

1 minute ago, Antonio32A said:

Looks like wolfgang is getting mightyness while just fighting in that image.
Look at his bar, it's green. That usually indicates that it's going up and wolfgang at that frame is hitting AG.

Good catch!! Pretty sure everyone will finally be happy with Wolfgang now that he can stay mighty as long as he is kicking ass! 

Archived