Accidental Future Skin?

5 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

However I feel the need to remind everyone that on the 2021 Roadmap we have 1 QoL update, Wolfgang’s Rework, and 1 Mystery Game Content Update (not exactly in that order & also assuming those plans haven’t been changed)

A game content update has never been JUST skins has it?? So obviously there’s new actual GAME Content coming- My question is What from Terraria will be added to DST and Vice-Versa? (Outside of the obvious skins of course.)

The "super secret thing Klei has never done before" is coming in October and we are clearly not getting a content update in October, since we're already getting a QoL update and Hallowed Nights.

It's entirely possible that the Terraria crossover is just a bundle of skins (and maybe a couple of unintrusive decorative items in-game) that will be released along with Hallowed Nights and the QoL update.

7 minutes ago, QuartzBeam said:

The "super secret thing Klei has never done before" is coming in October and we are clearly not getting a content update in October, since we're already getting a QoL update and Hallowed Nights.

It's entirely possible that the Terraria crossover is just a bundle of skins (and maybe a couple of unintrusive decorative items in-game) that will be released along with Hallowed Nights and the QoL update.

My bet is on that the Hallowed Nights event will be based off Terraria. Honestly, no better occasion for a crossover than a costume event. Maybe some visiting bosses and mobs...

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

Now then: Does anyone who plays both DST & Terraria have any ideas what kind of cross-over stuff could possibly come? (Provide pictures & why you think it might please..) I’m bored & kinda just want to see everyone’s thoughts & opinions. 

well lets see it could possible just be an special event like winters feast or the likes something that is not there like all time long what it could be? well i guess some of the terraria npc most likly or maybe only the guide are there now requesting that the player does something but if we go whit more differend npc i soupose they all want something from you and in return give you something special in return depending on character or they may give offer the player of some other things like

the guide could just be a walkin scince machine would be somewhat makin sense to me

and or maybe it will give dst a creature book too since terraria has that alredy and filling that up to 10% was needed for the zoologist to come and perhaps she will give some hits of some creatures to help fill the creature book

and well if i talk terraria npc then i would guess the angler is just wanting more fish the merchant trades things the witch doktor may sell those hallowed nights potions and well most npcs are some sort of trading in some way or another mostly end up about being cosmetic stuff

actual big contend part? difficult propably not blocks or well i guess turf propably some dekorating buildings of some sort but actual bosses i dont think will come since like 90% of bosse in terraria show too much blood stuff and literaly fall apart in many bloody pices after death and i dont think klei wants to actualy show blood in the game well its realy hard to think of stuff that could be actualy in there taht is not just dekor stuff but thats what i guess there is

3 minutes ago, . . . said:

lol ppl getting hyped up for just a a terraria paintbrush the update is just gonna add some terraria themed skins at most they wouldnt add game changing content from terraria to be in the game forever because of lore reasons

Normally I would have agreed with you, but lately Klei has been going completely against the norm.

It may be its own game mode inspired by Terraria (in addition to Survival, Wilderness, Endless) Horde Maybe?? Or a limited time Event like Hallowed Nights, Winters Feast, Year of The & Midsummers Cawnival.

7 minutes ago, . . . said:

lol ppl getting hyped up for just a a terraria paintbrush the update is just gonna add some terraria themed skins at most they wouldnt add game changing content from terraria to be in the game forever because of lore reasons

We got space-time portals so at that point all realities are game. /s

For real though they could add whatever. 'Lore reasons' nothing. It'd just be non-canon, that simple.

7 minutes ago, BGinks said:

Klei gotta be doing this on purpose now XD They want us to speculate in the dark

Hey you're the person who got the first skin originally right? Could I ask you to grab the image address for the skin? You should be able to get it by right clicking on the image and clicking "Copy Image Address" :D
image.png.9e853c27da8e7e519bc5d45814fa1797.png

I'd love costumes for bosses just like how we get for Winter's feast.

Eye of cthulu for deerclops

Eater of worlds for antlion

Beequeen for Bee Queen

Skeletron for fuelweaver

Duke fishron for moose/goose?

Heart of cthulu for crab king?

Slime king for ancient guardian?

Dreadnautilus for malbatross?

Some are a stretch but could work... maybe...

I don't know if anything would work as a replacement for klaus and bearger.  

We found some more skins!

Some friends were able to guess the names of these skins and found their images by putting their names in a link.

The names of these skins are "walter_bee" and "walterhat_bee"
walter_bee.png
walterhat_bee.png

If we could find the name of the sweeper skin we might be able to find other skins...

12 minutes ago, Hornete said:

We found some more skins!

Some friends were able to guess the names of these skins and found their images by putting their names in a link.

The names of these skins are "walter_bee" and "walterhat_bee"
walter_bee.png
walterhat_bee.png

If we could find the name of the sweeper skin we might be able to find other skins...

So I figured I'd try out this method and predict the skins for the other survivors,and it worked!

image.png.2920a5340a369e23ae20ac001500b349.png

Archived