Accidental Future Skin?

I'm not sure how I feel about this whole terraria thing. First of all, I'd rather they focus on journey's end for console before doing any other big projects, and also I just don't think these two games would mix at all. Totally different art style so if we get terraria skins in DST they'll look weird and out of place unless they reskin every single thing. Having a few things in a terraria art style and some not would look really bad, and the only counter is if they actually reskinned everything. And even if they did that, those skins would look bad and out of place any time except the terraria event.

In short, I just feel like these games are nowhere near similar enough to work together.

P.S. Journey's end was supposed to come to xbox at the end of august where the heck is it?

43 minutes ago, SmallBirdHungry said:

I'm not sure how I feel about this whole terraria thing. First of all, I'd rather they focus on journey's end for console before doing any other big projects, and also I just don't think these two games would mix at all. Totally different art style so if we get terraria skins in DST they'll look weird and out of place unless they reskin every single thing. Having a few things in a terraria art style and some not would look really bad, and the only counter is if they actually reskinned everything. And even if they did that, those skins would look bad and out of place any time except the terraria event.

In short, I just feel like these games are nowhere near similar enough to work together.

P.S. Journey's end was supposed to come to xbox at the end of august where the heck is it?

That makes no sense, what art style has to do with it? Klei will not make pixel art skin in their game, the clean sweeper skin is a good example, does it feels out of place? 

24 minutes ago, xhyom said:

That makes no sense, what art style has to do with it? Klei will not make pixel art skin in their game, the clean sweeper skin is a good example, does it feels out of place? 

Terraria has some really really cool skins if they weren’t “Pixels” I would absolutely love- so it would be cool to see how Klei transfers some of those mobs/skins into DST graphics style.

In fact: I would absolutely LOVE this one as a skin for Lureplant.

63429318-7014-4C64-A33C-08095EB62CD7.thumb.jpeg.f7e5f6e750143edb08b805e26ff75e16.jpeg

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

Terraria has some really really cool skins if they weren’t “Pixels” I would absolutely love- so it would be cool to see how Klei transfers some of those mobs/skins into DST graphics style.

In fact: I would absolutely LOVE this one as a skin for Lureplant.

63429318-7014-4C64-A33C-08095EB62CD7.thumb.jpeg.f7e5f6e750143edb08b805e26ff75e16.jpeg

Plantera would be way cooler as a wormwood skin

34 minutes ago, Soumyadip543 said:

Has it been confirmed that we are getting a crossover? if so where was it said?

I keep telling everyone No, nothing officially revealed, However… there Is a leaked skin which is directly from terraria, there’s a Klei points link titled “when worlds collide” the Terraria Developers were once asked if they could only do one more cross-over what game they would choose and they replied with they would love to do something with Don’t Starve Together.

AND I’ve seen threads like “add Mario’s hate and P-Wing suit to the game” get locked immediately meanwhile- These Terraria threads remain open. 

Oh yeah and there’s also THIS: 

0B94CA4B-4719-4497-B40C-2C5AD9876DB4.thumb.jpeg.b7b7f453d2f4decf1f723beeb7cfb0d0.jpeg

Now why would they NOT be able to share a teaser image of What’s coming next like they have done with every other update in the past.. and for reasons they can’t say right now?

UNLESS they literally can’t say, because they are under NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement) and they can’t say anything until it’s time to say.

At this point if a Terraria cross-over DOES NOT happen- you can count me as one of the ones who are shocked.

13 hours ago, SmallBirdHungry said:

1. I highly doubt anyone at Re-logic's actively helping Klei with this. It's an entirely different beast of code that would be pointless to learn for a seasonal event.

2. Last I checked, the console ports where handled by different companies anyways. So even if Re-logic did help Klei, that still wouldn't slow down the console ports.

3. The crossover items arn't going to be in the "terraria artstyle", they're going to be items from terraria that where drawn to fit in with the DST art style. Just look at the image that started this whole thread.

Screen_Shot_2021-09-15_at_4.png

This is very clearly Terraria's Spectre Paintbrush, but it was drawn to fit in with DST's art style.

(It won't let me post an image of it directly, so here's just a link to the Wiki page Spectre Paintbrush - The Official Terraria Wiki (fandom.com))

And if that's not enough for you, just look at the Dungeon Defenders 2 crossover. DD2 didn't just put a 2D sprite of the Dryad in the game. They gave her a full 3D model and rig. And Terraria didn't put in 3D models of the horde, they re-created the models as 2D sprites that fit with the rest of the game's aesthetic.

19 hours ago, SmallBirdHungry said:

First of all, I'd rather they focus on journey's end for console

Already done

They said they would release it sometime between July and September and they did, they released Console 1.4 in September 30th

On 10/11/2021 at 6:22 AM, AlternateMew said:

Can you? When I do that I sweep my face. Which is great because I can swap beard/skin combos. Fire beard on Warrior spider!

Oh god I've never been so wrong in my whole life :(:sad:. Im sorry everyone , although i hope they change it so that you can sweep the sweeper itself while holding it once the skin gets released

Thanks everyone for your answers. I guess this could be cool as long as it's some cool skins, but I can't really imagine anything from terraria (Mobs, npcs, items, etc.) fitting in even if the artstyle was changed. Klei themselves at one point was going to implement shopkeepers into base game DST but felt it ruined the mood. When I think of a DST event in terraria it seems cool, because terraria is a less serious game. (I don't mean this in a bad way. Terraria has much more references, less consequences, and overall isn't as much survival as fighting, building and exploring.). Don't starve together is a more serious game where any slip-up can end the whole run, kind of like terraria hardcore mode. So I think this would work and be cool if it was a bunch of item and player skins but any items actually added rather than reskinned would feel out of place. Even if they were to add terraria items into DST, it would hopefully just be for an event. I guess my worry is that, like dungeon defenders, something from terraria would be permanently added to Don't Starve Together which wouldn't fit in at all.

Overall, I guess I just don't want DST to become a less serious, silly and joke-filled game because (At least in my eyes) that's not what it's supposed to be. I'm confident the developers are going to do a good job, I just hope they don't take it too far.

40 minutes ago, SmallBirdHungry said:

I just don't want DST to become a less serious, silly and joke-filled game because (At least in my eyes) that's not what it's supposed to be. 

I am assuming you missed the year of the Carrat, Year of the Beefalo & Midsummers Cawnival Events? 

all three qualify as less-serious and joke filled, you quite literally spend all your time creating little sewing kit dolls, racing rats for prizes, or creating mechanical carnival games where you spend all your time feeding metal worms to metal birds.

Im not hating on the events at all they’ve been fun silly little things you can do in less then 15 minutes.. but I think the actual survival updates for the game have been taking a back-seat while this other stuff takes the spotlight.

My only concern is I pray Klei doesn’t lose track of what their franchise and it’s DLCs started out as, on their quest to cater to a larger audience.

As Day 21th of October I end this conversation, with all those leaks, we made nothing but progress, sure was a fun ride, and I even said about the leakers finding skins and getting them for free! Well, we all know this sure went into a nice direction and was a fun ride, what about we try it next year? 

On 9/17/2021 at 11:08 AM, SonicDen220 said:

Will Wurt have misery toadstool colors when buffed by merm king, I wonder? 

And will Wanda have appearance of a damaged bishop on old age?

If both of those are yes, that's gonna be some massive attention to detail.

Well, one of those was correct.

Archived