QoL Discussion thread

alright.. I don't know how difficult this would be to implement, or if it's even a good idea to begin with, but please klei, I beg you, make crab king easier for solo players! I want to beat crab king without cheese so badly in my solo world, yet it seems nigh impossible without dedicating millions of boat patches and ice staves...

7 minutes ago, TornadoCapped said:

alright.. I don't know how difficult this would be to implement, or if it's even a good idea to begin with, but please klei, I beg you, make crab king easier for solo players! I want to beat crab king without cheese so badly in my solo world, yet it seems nigh impossible without dedicating millions of boat patches and ice staves...

Yes please, Bee Queen too I feel is a very unfair boss to solo players. Celestial Champion feels tons easier than BQ and Crab King to me.

Oh, there was this idea I had for that long awaited Tail O' Three Cats buff. Instead of there being a chance for the loud snap that pacifies mobs to occur, what if it was instead guaranteed to happen after a set amount of consecutive attacks, varying depending on the mob being attacked. Like say, it'll always trigger after three hits for animals, four for monsters, and maybe I dunno, eight for bosses? Also, seeing as how the materials to craft it can take an incredibly long time to renew, maybe also make it able to be repaired with a sewing kit? I think that would make enough sense for a whip, right?

•  Better resolution sprites for everything that's a bit too old now, I'm thinking about the tiles specifically but there's others

• A late-game focused, base-building update : with new decorative structures like new rug tiles, statues, fountains and idk what else, bridge-building etc, imo it's easily made stuff (it's hard work of course, but there's no balance to work on, and the testing required is probably minimal). That would be used to add easily tens if not hundreds of hours worth of game for veteran players

• A way to discard items other than the lureplant

• Someone mentionned it but a rain-making item would be such a cool and useful loot for a new difficult boss, though that's not really QoL

I still literally just want to be able to clean sweep the world around me into different variations of the same resource (Aka things that don’t have skins I can buy but DO have different design sprites such as Sapling found in the main land area, and Saplings found on Lunar Island.)

it’s the same resource.. just looks different.

17 hours ago, Gabovisk said:

Crafting with items from the chest.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE. KLEI, if you are reading this, crafting items with chest proximity would be so so so so so amazing. There is already a mod for this, but it's server sided, and not very well known. This would greatly contribute to the overall quality of the game. I would absolutely love for Klei to think modernly for once and implement a good quality of life feature. PLEASE.

Better visual cues of when a boss or your precious Beefalo is about to bite the dust with damaged looking fur and a pained facial expression, or alternatively you could just add health bars with visual stats.. I Legit always stopped fighting Dragonfly 4-5 hits before she would’ve normally Died because I always GAVE UP thinking her Health Regenerated faster then Whatever weapon I was trying to use on her could do in damage.

16 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

your precious Beefalo is about to bite the dust

Is the bottom of your screen going red AND your character saying your Beefalo is getting really low not good enough of a visual cue?

I do think bosses should get better visual cues though, there's no way of telling other than just counting the time and guessing.

Bosses with health bars would be nice.

3 minutes ago, SomebodyRandom said:

Is the bottom of your screen going red AND your character saying your Beefalo is getting really low not good enough of a visual cue?

I do think bosses should get better visual cues though, there's no way of telling other than just counting the time and guessing.

Bosses with health bars would be nice.

It’s not the same man.. when you shave a Beefalo notice how they have this Miserable expression on their face- Why can’t that be conveyed in how hurt he is as well?

I main Wendy and when Abigail takes damage she visually changes facial expression showing she’s in need of aid.

Its just a small QoL I’m asking for that could if I’m being honest- Just use the same sad miserable face it has when you shave his fur off.

CB1AC746-D359-4F84-92AB-6C2F9D0BDBDA.thumb.jpeg.15c7333996b79554e974a3abd86a4e72.jpeg

After joining a Server that was in Brazil language I have a new QoL to ask for- Global language recognition so like even if I decide to join that Brazilian server: The announcements of Who died & to what- Will be translated into my preferred language: I may not be able to Understand these people talking on their Mics in Brazilian but: I would have TOTALLY understood “So & So was killed by Terrorbeak, they became a Spooky ghost!” at least I’d know WHAT they died to & if I could help them. A recent mobile game I played State of Survival had a built in universal language translator.. I think it would be cool if what people typed in the in game chat would instantly translate into my own language (I realize this would be a lot of work… but it would also allow everyone of every language type to play and better communicate together: Which will probably be a absolute must tackle problem IF Klei ever plans to make DST Cross-Platform capable.)

My second QoL suggestion is PERSONAL Difficulty levels- and No.. picking Wes does NOT count, what I mean by this is for everyone to go play Gears of War 5 and notice how you can join a lobby of players who are playing on “Beginner” while you have yourself set to “Advanced” it allows people of various skill levels to play the same game together and get an equal challenge of their own skill levels- out of fighting the same Enemies..

Again a huge task to tackle- But yet another necessary one for Klei’s big pipe-line dream of a Cross-Platform DST.

Buff salt spice to make food spoil ridiculously slow

Bundle wraps already makes food not a challenge, might as well allow salt to do the same, it could also work as an early way to preserve food before getting the bundle wrap blueprint. Warly's spices are already insanely good why not another, especially seeing as salt is basically useless right now.

Make the seed-it pack completely stop spoilage of seeds, requiring maybe a stack of ice to act as coolant?

Right now the seed pack is rarely used, bundles are clearly better maybe this will make the seed pack more viable.

Remove bird "hoverability" when they are flying up or down, it's annoying when you're trying to be a pro gamer and save that sweet 0.5s by spam clicking + space an entity and then a bird flies right by your mouse and kills your groove.

After planting something (tree, marble, etc) or placing a structure, the player should get an effect that disables bird spawn around them for a few seconds to prevent those annoying situations where you are trying to plant/build, and then a bird lands where you are trying to work on and even leaves a seed to spite you even more.
@Cheggf gave a better suggestion: "I think birds just shouldn't have a huge collision blocker. Should either be removed entirely (since they're gonna fly away anyways if you're approaching them) or made much, much smaller."

There's waaay too much paper in this game now, the amount of sketches you get clutters the map after a few seasons and it's just annoying to have to deal with them, also having to bring them from one potter wheel to another just seems so unnecessarily complicated. Maybe just make so after a criteria is fulfilled (boss kill, breaking the queen statue, etc) the statue craft is unlocked for that world?

Make so fully tamed beefalos can't produce manure.

Archived