QoL Discussion thread

1-Make cutting crafted stones at potters wheel give back small amount of rocks when turned into a statue- I was in a game last night where Winter sit in and I had forgotten to get enough stones for thermal: But what I did have on me was like 19 refined versions of stone which wouldn’t do me any good obviously- it also just makes sense that if you cut and sculpt a large block of stone into a smaller statue, that it’ll have left over residue.

2- DON’T make it so fully tamed Beefalo stop producing Manure, the Wormwoods, the Walters, the Crops, and the players unlucky enough to only have enough resources on them to craft a single campfire but not enough grass or wood to keep the fire burning: Will be thankful they can use their mounts poops or shave them and use their fur as “Emergency” Fire fuel.

3- Ability to relocate the HUD that is at the Bottom of the screen, to the TOP of the screen for those people like Me who have house cats that like to sleep at the bottom of your TV blocking this important menu full of your inventory.. if you could move this without needing to be on PC and use a Mod that does it.. I’m sure there are SEVERAL Console players who will Thank You.

4- Wanda’s Clock Cooldown timers and her Inventory being “Wet” Share the same exact Color perhaps changing this to be more easily distinguished would be grand?

16 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

- DON’T make it so fully tamed Beefalo stop producing Manure, the Wormwoods, the Walters, the Crops, and the players unlucky enough to only have enough resources on them to craft a single campfire but not enough grass or wood to keep the fire burning: Will be thankful they can use their mounts poops or shave them and use their fur as “Emergency” Fire fuel.

I think that the beefalo shouldnt poop meanwhile the player is holding the bell. But they must remove somehow domesticated beefalos pooping, you get an entire stacks in 2 days

If someone wants put there is the savanna filled with beefalos or just convert a werepig and give him 200 lightbulbs

Manure isnt hard to mass produce

Domesticated beefalos not pooping makes no sense. Its removing a feature of the game thats been present since forever. Removing something like that because u dont like it is precisely what mods are for. If you dont have acces to mods you can consider it a downside to the infinite weapon/self regening meatshield that is a domesticated beefalo.

Now let me enjoy my poop machine in peace :wilsondisapproving:

37 minutes ago, Ohan said:

Domesticated beefalos not pooping makes no sense. Its removing a feature of the game thats been present since forever. Removing something like that because u dont like it is precisely what mods are for. If you dont have acces to mods you can consider it a downside to the infinite weapon/self regening meatshield that is a domesticated beefalo.

Now let me enjoy my poop machine in peace :wilsondisapproving:

We can say that for disease and wildfires...

One thing is a beefalo pooping huehue fun and other is getting a stack of manure in few minutes.  If you dont pick it the damn sound is annoying and the beffalo poops everywere, sometimes behind structures

I have 2 chests filled with bundles of manure by just moving nuts

I still thinking is a feature thst only adds annoyance. If wormwood players want to eat poop they have a lot of ways to get it

I even said to remove it when you hold the bell. The befalo hear the bell so is trained to dont poop, if you drop the bell he can poop. Simple and doesnt break that much the ammound of **** you get if you dont want to

7 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

u play on pc right? why dont u just get a mod? here: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1769805475 

only has 670 current subscribers despite being released 2 years ago so its apparently not a huge issue. 

Ppl who want domesticated beefs to stop pooping are quick to offer alternate sources of poop, so heres my own offer: just burn all ur useless poop. That requires considerably less effort than for me to go collect a sh*t load of light bulbs in order to feed them to a werepig for poop. 

Klei obviously had the opportunity to remove domesticated beef pooping entirely during YotB but instead they only chose to remove it while being ridden. Anything beyond that should be solved with a mod if that is what you want. 

Just now, Ohan said:

u play on pc right? why dont u just get a mod? here: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1769805475 

only has 670 current subscribers despite being released 2 years ago so its apparently not a huge issue. 

Ppl who want domesticated beefs to stop pooping are quick to offer alternate sources of poop, so heres my own offer: just burn all ur useless poop. That requires considerably less effort than for me to go collect a sh*t load of light bulbs in order to feed them to a werepig for poop. 

Klei obviously had the opportunity to remove domesticated beef pooping entirely during YotB but instead they only chose to remove it while being ridden. Anything beyond that should be solved with a mod if that is what you want. 

I dont use mods

3 minutes ago, Ohan said:

then u better start burning that poop buddy before u get buried under it :wilson_wink:

Or i can keep asking klei to reduce the ammound of poop because right know is absurd and annoying

Even if i would use that mod doesnt mean klei shouldnt do changes

Also i dont want pooping to be removed, just reduced. Isnt about storage, i cab burn every ammount of poop you want hut the beefalo will keep producing more which means  annoying sounds, needing to stop to pick up it and waste a slot just to hold the 38283919° stack of poop in 10 days 

Lets have annoying things just because a character can heal 3 hp over time which nobody actually uses because outside of few times

13 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Or i can keep asking klei to reduce the ammound of poop because right know is absurd and annoying

Even if i would use that mod doesnt mean klei shouldnt do changes

Also i dont want pooping to be removed, just reduced. Isnt about storage, i cab burn every ammount of poop you want hut the beefalo will keep producing more which means  annoying sounds, needing to stop to pick up it and waste a slot just to hold the 38283919° stack of poop in 10 days 

Lets have annoying things just because a character can heal 3 hp over time which nobody actually uses because outside of few times

If i have a small issue with the game like this and theres a simple mod for it i use it. i dont campaign for the game to conform to my wishes at the expense of other players. u seem to really not like beef pooping and u have access to the mod that solves it but you choose not to use it. idk why that needs to be made other people's problem. 

Klei is seemingly okay with domesticated beefs retaining their pooping habit like they originally designed them otherwise they would have removed it entirely with YotB. It feels like beating a dead horse at this point. Especially considering if it were a big problem then the mod would have more subscribers than 670 as is the case for other similar small but popular QoL mods like lazy furnace etc. 

Im gonna assume that last part about the 3 hp heal was a joke and you know that compost wrap requires 5 poop and there are several farm crops which feed on manure. 1 giant dragonfruit alone eats 4 poop. 

ill say no more on the matter. :roll:

1 hour ago, Ohan said:

If i have a small issue with the game like this and theres a simple mod for it i use it. i dont campaign for the game to conform to my wishes at the expense of other players. u seem to really not like beef pooping and u have access to the mod that solves it but you choose not to use it. idk why that needs to be made other people's problem. 

Klei is seemingly okay with domesticated beefs retaining their pooping habit like they originally designed them otherwise they would have removed it entirely with YotB. It feels like beating a dead horse at this point. Especially considering if it were a big problem then the mod would have more subscribers than 670 as is the case for other similar small but popular QoL mods like lazy furnace etc. 

Im gonna assume that last part about the 3 hp heal was a joke and you know that compost wrap requires 5 poop and there are several farm crops which feed on manure. 1 giant dragonfruit alone eats 4 poop. 

ill say no more on the matter. :roll:

So i keep my feed to myself just because you are ok with how it works? Wow

Again, seems like you dont read what i said, im NOT saying that it should be REMOVED, just tunned down

Klei already reduced the poop by making beefalos uneable to poop when are rided when year of the beefalo came. Asking for them not pooping if the bells is in the inventory isnt a crazy thing. It also will make the game experience less annoying for people who shares a world with players with beefalos 

If you find fun needing to pick a poop every 10 seconds good for you

The last part wasnt a joke. Werepigs exists. Beefs poop way quickly than you will waste it. Batbat and jelly beans exists so wormwood only need few compost wraps and dragonfruits makes nutrient combo with tomatoes so i dont waste time giving 4 arrows of manure per dragon fruit (also the soil cant handle 4rows×9 dragonfruit seeds, righ?)

I read this a long ago and it's not my idea, but I want to float it back now: Allow the waterfowl can (the malbatross's beak made watering can) be refilled with sea water. The beak could act as a filter for salt or whatever.
I mean it's a boss item, it should be more desirable than just having 1 or 2 more normal watering cans. 

3 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

I read this a long ago and it's not my idea, but I want to float it back now: Allow the waterfowl can (the malbatross's beak made watering can) be refilled with sea water. The beak could act as a filter for salt or whatever.
I mean it's a boss item, it should be more desirable than just having 1 or 2 more normal watering cans. 

i would like that it fills the tile with water with just 1 or 2 uses

Been lurking for awhile. I'd kind of like it if when events started (notably Hallowed Nights) set pieces for that event spawned in existing worlds without players having to start over. 

-Smoker for bees. It'd be nice to have a device to calm bees or even put them to sleep and harvest honeycomb from beehives. It would also save uses for pan flutes.

-Candles, more uses for wax as well as making them scented for sanity benefits/insanity benefits. 

-Honestly, I'd just like to have the cooking sets from the Gorge, ovens, grills, etc. 

-A way to craft butter and being able to milk beefalo. 

All I want is adding that "special" idle animations of new and refreshed characters to command list. For example, by typing "/special" your character uses their very own enuqie idle animations! Webber makes that silk heart, Wurt scratch her thorn and etc. And maybe making "/thinking" emote, the one player does when they use wardobe.

Oh also, please, put bird cage to the food crafting tab.

1- Ability to zoom in further into your pause menu map and more easily see the things on it would also be much appreciated.

2- Oh and for god sake- change the color of ocean water to the lighter colored Shipwrecked waters- because while sailing at night this darker colored water blends in with the colors of other land terrain: Like Swamps or the dark green Forest- Making smashing into them “Near Miss” moments.

3- Adding Water-Logged Content to the World customization & world settings menu full of things you can toggle on/off, more/less over

4- if at all possible: some people would love being able to revert the entire game back to the way everything played in DS solo, so under these world settings maybe a “Classic” Mode could be added which lets people play Pre-Updates version of the game, without character reworks or a sailable ocean.

please do note that if we had that- we could get some of the challenges of solo DS’s adventures mode such as enemy chokeoff bridges littered with enemies we would need to suit up to get past or die.. or the Sanity Obelisiks. I really loved Solo DS’s Adventures Mode because it had additional little challenges here and there that prevented the player from walking or sailing in a straight line from point A to Point B.. That’s one of my biggest complaints with DST compared to solo DS: Almost- if not ALL of your problems can be solved by walking in a straight line.

5- allowing console players to host worlds that have no caves, or is Caves only without having both a surface and caves at the same time would be nice… I could finally host a true “lights out” mode.

I was thinking a bit, what about making ruins turf properly diggable (right now you can, but it just Poofs out of existence)? Would be nice for ruins themed builds, especially since Wanda makes me much more compelled to try cave/ruins bases. You could even add some recipes in the ancient chest to get blueprints to allow crafting of ruins turf!

Don't know if this has been said or not but it would be nice if we could "Favorite"  crafting recipes and have it's own tab or something that you can access instead of manually going through each tab just to make Boards, Wax Paper, Cut Stone, etc. Maybe you just click a star icon next to the recipe you want to bookmark and it gets added to the list. Would really help to speed up crafting.

3 minutes ago, Owlrus said:

Don't know if this has been said or not but it would be nice if we could "Favorite"  crafting recipes and have it's own tab or something that you can access instead of manually going through each tab just to make Boards, Wax Paper, Cut Stone, etc. Maybe you just click a star icon next to the recipe you want to bookmark and it gets added to the list. Would really help to speed up crafting.

That would be awesome! For now this really neat client mod exists if it doesnt become a thing in the vanilla game: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2288863757

Although the tail of three cats had its recipe reduced, it still struggles from having really low damage at a slow rate. Wanda's alarming clock another whip type weapon recently added, at 0% durability does 27.2, the same damage as the tail of three cats adding insult to injury. I just want it to have a higher damage so it wouldn't be left behind as a gimmick weapon that stunlocks slurtles.

19 hours ago, Pruinae said:

After planting something (tree, marble, etc) or placing a structure, the player should get an effect that disables bird spawn around them for a few seconds to prevent those annoying situations where you are trying to plant/build, and then a bird lands where you are trying to work on and even leaves a seed to spite you even more.

I think birds just shouldn't have a huge collision blocker. Should either be removed entirely (since they're gonna fly away anyways if you're approaching them) or made much, much smaller.

12 hours ago, Quoth143 said:

-Smoker for bees.

Right now you can do this by burning the hives, then extinguishing them. It's a lot easier with a flingomatic. I saw somebody suggest that bees don't come out to attack if the harvester was wearing the bee queen hat, I think that would be a good qol use for the hat so it isn't just used for sanity stations & the AFW fight.

Archived