QoL Discussion thread

14 minutes ago, Pruinae said:

A way to destroy graves (both the headstone and the hole). It feels the same as the old indestructible glaciers, you want to build there but you can't.

Maybe a way to build graves too? I imagine it would have to be somewhat hard to build/get the blueprint, to avoid having people building developer graveyards farms all over the map right from the get go.

Yeah about that… Player created graves shouldn’t have any type of resources in them at all and should be purely cosmetic- unless well later destroyed for the stone slabs or something: But Yes… I would like to turn the entire map into a spooky graveyard because #WendyMain.

Anyway- Something else that should REALLY be heavily considered for the QoL: Add the Animated Shorts into the actual game itself in the compendium for each character or in the cinematic tab because- there are SOME console players who only have ever known DST as a fun sandbox game with friends- Having absolutely no idea that there’s an actual story. Put the story right in front of their faces instead of being scattered across the Internet for us to have to go searching for.

I read a post the other day where someone playing on pc said they can hold in the button to rapidly eat/cook food or burn sticks on a campfire..

Console players fingers would greatly appreciate not having to tap left on the Dpad repeatedly to achieve these same results, thank you :wilson_love:

7 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

I read a post the other day where someone playing on pc said they can hold in the button to rapidly eat/cook food or burn sticks on a campfire..

Console players fingers would greatly appreciate not having to tap left on the Dpad repeatedly to achieve these same results, thank you :wilson_love:

You can just hold down the Dpad but I think there's a bug where it won't work after you've opend your inventory so if it doesn't work open and close the crafting tab and try again

When having both a crock pot and a fridge / salt box open and shift clicking food items in your inventory tab to move them to the inventory bars, the game (the PC version) prioritizes moving them from the player inventory to the fridge / salt box instead of the crock pot. This is mega annoying and I can never get used to it, even after having played the game for hundred of hours. T__T It would be so much nicer if the food items would go to the crock pot instead of any fridge / salt box when shift clicking on them in the player's inventory.

On 9/19/2021 at 3:04 PM, Mike23Ua said:

Wurt- Wurt GAINS sanity & no longer gets cold when wet, but loses Sanity when too dry,

losing sanity when dry just seems annoying and pointless imo, sure ig early game is slightly harder since oh no  you need to pick an additional 4 flowers or something if you dont want to be fighting shadows early on, and is irrelevant late game thanks to lunar crown

19 hours ago, ShadowQueen said:

Can Creamy Potato Puree not REQUIRE garlic Klei? it's a good sanity dish

I would try implementing garlic into your crop rotation as it grows all year (only plant to do so). Garlic is also used in tons of good recipes like veggie burger so I think its worth investing in it. 

From playing last night, I came up with two qol ideas.

1. Let me see inside my backpack without having to equip it.

2. Let me give a catcoon a trinket so it can leave me the hell alone. It keep harrasing my gloomer and I can't bring myself to kill it or destroy its irreplaceable den. Maybe it can play with the trinket or something, like a toy. 

How about a drying rack like structure that lets you hang trinckets off of it? Then it just kinda bounces around trying to catch it. 

19 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

2. Let me give a catcoon a trinket so it can leave me the hell alone. It keep harrasing my gloomer and I can't bring myself to kill it or destroy its irreplaceable den. Maybe it can play with the trinket or something, like a toy. 

There is a solution to that where you trap the catcoon close to the den with walls, it will not harass glommer anymore

I would want to see merms and frogs be neutral to theirself.

Wurt acts friendly to frogs
Frog- "How you do?"
Frog (sleeping)- "Night-night, froggy."
Frog (dead)- "He gone to big swamp in the sky."

Wurt act specially negative to frog drops, she is sad about frog drops but she disgust in other meats.
Frog Legs- "Poor froggy..."
Froggle Bunwich- "This a bad sandwich."
Cooked Frog Legs- "Glurgh... can't look."

Merms and frogs probably have same anchestors. They look same, they drop same things hey both drop frog legs.

Idk if mentioned but it would be nice if there was a easier way to relocate Bull kelp.

Cause once you plant those you got from Lunar island you cannot relocate them.

Well you sort of can but it involves a lot of blood , sweat and tears for it to be even remotely worth it.

Some addon for a boat that "catches" the floating kelp so you can move it easier or something to beach them other than Trident would be nice.

35 minutes ago, ALCRD said:

Cause once you plant those you got from Lunar island you cannot relocate them.

Well you sort of can but it involves a lot of blood , sweat and tears for it to be even remotely worth it.

Its fine this way, i dont see people struggling with getting wild kelp nor i see people using it too much

Considering that what a QoL update is doesn’t add any additional content beyond what is mostly already readily available I would like to request a few things.

#1- Reduced crafting costs in Boat kit down from 4 planks to 3 & Masts down from 8 silk to 6. In fact: Just reduce crafting costs in most craftables altogether, chopping wood isn’t fun unless your Woodie or Maxwell.

#2- Slight buff to Walters slingshot rate of fire and distance nothing too ridiculous, just enough to be actually useful.

#3- Don’t Starve Single Player has an option to disable most Reign of Giants content: among the things you can disable in this list is the Ability to Freeze to death or Overheat, this change would colossally help casual players in enjoying the games seasons, without these two challenges frustrating them.

It isn’t my right to say what is & isn’t right for the game, and I’m sure LOTS of people will be angry with more “casualized” gameplay, but if it could be disabled once upon a time ago, it could be disabled again.

#4- Palm Trees at the Oasis (I know I know but Wait didn’t you say a QoL doesn’t add anything new and only works with what’s already in the game? Yes I did.. But-) Palm Trees are already in the solo version of Dont starve outside of the DLC some people call this a glitch but fact still remains they’re in the files somewhere.. AND if that reason doesn’t work This one will-

In addition: even though no new content is added to the QoL update itself, it also usually come with new skins sets, and with the Clean Sweeper simply just existing: it is quite baffling to me that Birchnut tree’s do not have a Palm Tree skin I can sweep them into.

#5 speaking of “Clean Sweep just existing” there are several variations of different types of resources that being able to “sweep” over to get their different looks would be a excellent QoL edition- for example Saplings on the main land vs Saplings found on pearls hermit Island, or Berry Bush & The Pig King version Berry Bush- Sweeping these could change their appearances between the variations available in game.

#6 and of course my list wouldn’t be complete without more control and utility over world Gen settings!

Archived