Any Ideas for the New Character?

Any Ideas for the New Character?  

246 members have voted

1. 1. Do YOU want the new character to be from one of the DLCs?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't have an opinion
  2. 2. Do YOU want the character to be brand new?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't have an opinion
  3. 3. If you answered yes on question 2, would you like to draw, design, color your character and show it in the comments?

• Yes
    • No
    • I CAN'T DRAW
    • I answered Yes on Question 1 instead
  4. 4. If you answered yes to Question 1, which character would you like?

• Wagstaff
    • Wheeler
    • Wilba
    • Warbucks even if he doesn't exist anymore lol
    • Wilbur
    • Woodlegs
    • Walani
    • I answered yes on Question 2 instead

If we really need a new character, I'd prefer a fusion of human with gestalt. They could re-implement those gestalt amoeba assets. Maybe a person who has lost their identity like Charlie and uses the other players like a mirror of some sort?

On 6/29/2021 at 2:07 PM, -Variant said:

BRIGHTMARE ALTEREGO

Hide contents

image.png.8d28fa1eadbd8ea0792ea55aa93cc434.pngimage.png.8d2baf0f5d0421409420e4619c989790.png

BRIGHTMARE AMOEBA

Hide contents

image.png.dff36477967a8bd0c35c301bc131b56c.pngimage.png.87a91017c56e7a95212cd72686878a2c.png

Alone they have a vague body shape but in contact they share aspects of the other players?

Similar to Grey from Black clover. Except the shyness part.

17 minutes ago, minespatch said:

If we really need a new character, I'd prefer a fusion of human with gestalt. They could re-implement those gestalt amoeba assets. Maybe a person who has lost their identity like Charlie and uses the other players like a mirror of some sort?

Alone they have a vague body shape but in contact they share aspects of the other players?

Similar to Grey from Black clover. Except the shyness part.

i do like this idea but i'd really like it if they looked more like an actual abomination and have been altered by Alter causing crystals to grow off of them and to look kinda like a mix of some horror mobs but its nothing other than a blind hope

46 minutes ago, minespatch said:

People are not really pleased with the direction of the game. Making a new character would take productive development time in perfecting the survival aspect or any other features they want to improve the gameplay.

characters aren't pokemon, they're not collectable gacha prizes, they're new mechanics that have to go hand in hand with the land itself. At the moment, we have enough characters to mess with.

People aren't happy with Wortox and winona. Maybe they need tweaking in the future. Sorry if I have to decline on your need to make dst into a gacha game.

New characters are actually a refresh for the entire game, that's way I'd personally like something enterily new. It's like seeing everything from a different lens, thus renewing gameplay.

People are SO pleased with the direction of the game. I have no idea how you can think otherwise.
The game is constantly being updated with NO direct income to Klei (as paid DLCs would give). That's how you know a game is succesful and still selling after all this years, enough not to rely on old players to buy for content.

Forum users do not represent the majority of the playerbase. Not in DST nor in any other game. Maybe try bursting out of your bubble of 20ish senior forum users before responding in a very rude and condescending way to a chill post.

Also try to stay in topic. The new character is coming, that's what the post is about. You saying it isn't needed has no relevance.

JoeW had mentioned that Klei was wanting to take a break from reusing old characters, so we're in the clear of it being a new character.

I'm open to whatever Klei wishes to design, I'm curious where they'll go with a new character. 
However if I were to make a personal wishlist, I'd much prefer a new human female adult character. 

I enjoy seeing them get creative with humans and I feel like monster characters have lost their uniqueness.
And just personally I'd like to not see another child, there's an odd amount of children characters in an otherwise morbid survival game.
I'll probably draw some concepts of what I'd like, I drew this design for a character a bit ago, something along these roots would be kinda nice I feel.
Var_Winstarr_Waitress.png.ff0858cef7d3219955d59732d1a47675.png

definitely want a brand new character, definitely dont want another child :lol:. thats pretty much it for me because i doubt they could release something that could convince me to stop playing wormwood (maybe wicker rework :shock:). even now i wanna play wurt but whenever i start the game i just want to continue my worm world lol! so because of that i personally think there are more than enough characters already and would also prefer qol updates instead but thats beside the point cuz we're getting a new character regardless :D

2 minutes ago, BezKa said:

My bet is on a adult female poc. 

well how would we get another human in the constant other than pulling a walter? like would kinda mess with the lore since charlie doesn't want any survivors in the constant and she wants to stay on the throne so your dreams on your perfect human character seems distant other than an already existing one

1 minute ago, Dextops said:

well how would we get another human in the constant other than pulling a walter? like would kinda mess with the lore since charlie doesn't want any survivors in the constant and she wants to stay on the throne so your dreams on your perfect human character seems distant other than an already existing one

if walter can get in, so can another human.

We dont even know when Walter came in, it's possible he got in the constant before Charlie became queen

4 minutes ago, Dextops said:

Is the sass necessary

3 minutes ago, Hornete said:

We dont even know when Walter came in, it's possible he got in the constant before Charlie became queen

yeah i said they could but i'd like if they did add human characters to have a desire a reason they were taken into the constant like wilsons desire for knowledge willows desire to watch world go in flames wolfgangs desires to consume too many potatoes other than oops got trapped

The devs really should focus on refreshing every character first as it takes a year for just 3 characters. 

I have come up with a lot of characters already lol, so why not one more.

Presenting Worble, the aristocratic frog

Unpopular opinion but I love animal characters because their skins are so amazing. Just look at Wurts skins, its almost like each one is a different character.

1349410024_images(4).jpeg.c9658431a664fa395adbe169187d72b0.jpeg

Some quotes:

"Give up and die, peasant." (When fighting)

"Someone built that, how quaint" (examining a tent)

"I am a different breed" (examining a frog)

Pros

-Has frog legs

Can jump to avoid damage (like wheeler)

-Is well educated 

Spawns with an infinite durability lily pad (a very small one passenger boat that has 1 hp. He pockets it as he drowns. He can retrieve it from long distances using his tongue)

-Can sing with other frogs that are in "tune". (Frogs will have musical notes over their heads) He can sing with these frogs to add moisture to the atmosphere and potentially making it rain. (In tune frogs are kinda rare)

-Bullies the weak

Can instant kill bugs and eat them with his tongue when attacking. Bees can be eaten but cause sanity loss, mosquitoes always heal when eaten, butterflies give more hunger than usual (favorite food). 

Cons

-Bad at kiting, he leaps when walking making it hard to dodge. Bad at fighting multiple enemies.

-Hates peasant garb. Sanity restoring clothing cause sanity loss instead. 

Has other small perks like not attacked by frogs (cant make them follower)

I'll make some changes when I can, I'm at work lol. 

Oh yeah, he's and old frog. So rejoice all of you with your old man fetish.

4 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

-Bullies the weak

i just like this title out of context like this frog pullin up getting ready to eat the weak
anyway good ideas his harder kiting downside would be very troublesome for someone like me who likes to try to kite as much as possible(even tho im bad at it) and his lily pad boat sounds really cool i've wanted a kinda seafaring character for so long (woodlegs when) his "doesn't like wearing peasant garb" is a nice flavor perk which really helps me like a character

its 12:47 am as of making thing and i can't sleep 

8 hours ago, Dextops said:

i just like this title out of context like this frog pullin up getting ready to eat the weak
anyway good ideas his harder kiting downside would be very troublesome for someone like me who likes to try to kite as much as possible(even tho im bad at it) and his lily pad boat sounds really cool i've wanted a kinda seafaring character for so long (woodlegs when) his "doesn't like wearing peasant garb" is a nice flavor perk which really helps me like a character

its 12:47 am as of making thing and i can't sleep 

Thanks! 

Yeah kiting is hard since his "running" isnt continuous, but not impossible. Hes not slow though and has the same base running speed.

He can "Jump" instead to dodge which is a dps boost, kinda like unlimited soul hops. Had to balance him out because of that. Hes great against single targets. 

His seafaring is because he was in the frog navy lol.

3 hours ago, Hornete said:

in his shortcut the moon has the piece that fell off missing, and i think the description says that he fell through a trap that hadnt been touched for a while, so thats his aproximate joining period and reason

so yes well then i once had an idea that made most sense

first its an dlc character meaning so far every dlc character is an not human so lets be thinkin what humanoid animal we could use? of course its lizards what you expect?

then perks like ideas this got me thinkin and found something wolfgang is all about attack but wigfrid has attack and defense at the same time so i was thinkin full defense then i was thinkin what is defense? well a knight seems just as good so lizard knight it is

oh and drawing? i dont know where that old one is but here have a new one

image.thumb.png.a33589eb372d8912ab2bc580e1e21193.pnglizard hero defender of the survivors

extra defense shilds alsol good hero dont like hurting innocents as those are perks i think are good so yes those were old ideas but the drawing is brand new so theres that

well a dlc character i would like to see would be walani or wagstaff but i guess a new one would be great too be it human or something entirely new i still wonder what happen to musmy and her son billy after the gorge event i wonder if they could work as survivors

7 hours ago, minespatch said:

People aren't happy with Wortox

Oh, here we go again. Another innocent thread turned into a "Wortox OP" thread. Let's get this straight, Wortox is not broken, overpowered or pay to win. He is very balanced, with both strong upsides and downsides. His downsides make Wortox play differently than others and force him to use his upsides, which in turn lead to other problems to deal with. He is fun, and almost perfectly designed. Nobody is really complaining about Wortox, and we don't really need to waste a thread over this again,

7 hours ago, minespatch said:

People are not really pleased with the direction of the game. Making a new character would take productive development time in perfecting the survival aspect or any other features they want to improve the gameplay.

characters aren't pokemon, they're not collectable gacha prizes, they're new mechanics that have to go hand in hand with the land itself. At the moment, we have enough characters to mess with.

People aren't happy with Wortox and winona. Maybe they need tweaking in the future. Sorry if I have to decline on your need to make dst into a gacha game.

I'm not always on the forums but what problems do people have with wortox? Unless you mean the console issue?

Also on a unrelated note while I'm not very interested in adding the old DLC characters anymore I'd like woodlegs of they add anyone.

12 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

I'm not always on the forums but what problems do people have with wortox? Unless you mean the console issue?

I was talking out of place. I'm fine with Wortox but I read the conversations on the official Discord. They're a bit elitist on there.

59 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

I'm not always on the forums but what problems do people have with wortox?

People have issues with Wortox because he makes the game easier for people who only play for the first autumn and then either die or disconnect and start again on a new first autumn server the next time they start playing again. In that situation, he's very helpful, and can enable you to just facetank the random enemies you see without even making armor. They confuse him making the first 20 days easier with him being overpowered, because they don't get further than the start of the game.

People who don't have trouble surviving the start of the game and get far without Wortox see that Wortox isn't overpowered, but balanced, or maybe even a bit on the weaker side. Healing is useful, but there's plenty of ways to heal and if you know how it isn't particularly difficult so his upside isn't amazing, and as you get further along fighting becomes less and less of the game so his upsides become worse while his downsides become exacerbated.

Archived