Any Ideas for the New Character?

Any Ideas for the New Character?  

246 members have voted

1. 1. Do YOU want the new character to be from one of the DLCs?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't have an opinion
  2. 2. Do YOU want the character to be brand new?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't have an opinion
  3. 3. If you answered yes on question 2, would you like to draw, design, color your character and show it in the comments?

• Yes
    • No
    • I CAN'T DRAW
    • I answered Yes on Question 1 instead
  4. 4. If you answered yes to Question 1, which character would you like?

• Wagstaff
    • Wheeler
    • Wilba
    • Warbucks even if he doesn't exist anymore lol
    • Wilbur
    • Woodlegs
    • Walani
    • I answered yes on Question 2 instead

Answer the following questions

If you answered yes on question 3, feel free to show me your artwork! (I never roasted anyone's drawing in my life so idc what it looks like) make sure to give your character a name (it doesn't have to start with W)

Okay Klei you can archive this topic now.... we know we're getting Wanda in September

Can't wait!

wurt 2.0 wurt 2.0 wurt 2.0 wurt 2.0
here are stats
1000 hunger 50 sanity and one health (i mean just don't get hit)
has a 10x damage multiplier
merms can chop and mine anything thing in one hit
merm king is actually useful
price tag:only available in my dreams which sadly aren't reality

I can't draw it right now and don't have any photos from my old ones but here are few random pics and detail to visualize it.

MY VISUAL REQUESTS

I wan't angry looking, old fashioned old man (50-70 years old). Here is few I think would be cool looking in DST.

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=falsearthur-schopenhauer-profil-DM.jpg

MY CHARACTER REQUESTS

I want new survivor have grumpy character, be rude to everyone but that should not be evil roughness, it should be old people discontent. Carld Fredricksen from UP (2009) is a perfect example for that character style.

15515bcad707e475579080cd1780a55eee24091f.jpeg?region=0%2C0%2C640%2C640

MY SKILL REQUESTS

Now I'm not sure about that but it should be build around new big rework if it's gonna be one. If it's not gonna be, should be based on sea contents.

1 minute ago, ShadowQueen said:

I like the ideas of new characters imo

People are not really pleased with the direction of the game. Making a new character would take productive development time in perfecting the survival aspect or any other features they want to improve the gameplay.

characters aren't pokemon, they're not collectable gacha prizes, they're new mechanics that have to go hand in hand with the land itself. At the moment, we have enough characters to mess with.

People aren't happy with Wortox and winona. Maybe they need tweaking in the future. Sorry if I have to decline on your need to make dst into a gacha game.

Just now, ShadowQueen said:

Wortox is really broken OP, they 100% need to nerf him

There you go. Instead of wanting new characters, think about areas of improvement to the existing game. We need to criticize the devs but be mindful about how we phrase.

8 minutes ago, Guille6785 said:

I have never seen anyone dislike wortox, he's a perfectly designed character imo

I enjoy Wortox as a character, the only problem is that he's a little broken OP, easy infinite food, healing, and you could travel faster as long as there is an easy soul source around, such as bats, butterflies and bees if not winter, and bosses give a lot of souls

wortox definitely isn't op
while winona does need fixing she seems like an easy fix give her a better perk relating to her machines so she isn't a pick and switch as viewed by a big part of the community but also give her more toys to mess around with just so we never have wagstaff taking up character slot

2 minutes ago, ShadowQueen said:

infinite food, healing

every character has this

2 minutes ago, ShadowQueen said:

and you could travel faster as long as there is an easy soul source around, such as bats, butterflies and bees if not winter, and bosses give a lot of souls

wortox doesn't travel faster than anyone else in 99% of situations once you account for the time getting souls

image.thumb.png.ff23bc38e24c5d2e6a9702246e0d7b35.png

So this characters perks revolve around him being fast and weak. He also has a really dark and edgy backstory because of his dark and edgy past, where he was the father of every character currently in the constant. His stats are 6 hunger 2 health and 562 sanity, these are balanced because he has a 10% speed boost. But he is also weak so we had to balance the really overpowered speed boost with a 50% damage penalty, but this is compensated by his ability to deal 1000% damage with the saddlehorn and bug net, to balance these two underpowered weapons. He starts out with the bundling wrap recipe already unlocked, but makes up for this by being unable to craft, his weak arms couldn't handle the pressure, this is balanced because of the speed boost. He also gets souls from mobs because he is half demon because of his dark and edgy past. I think this character would fit in great into DST because he is unique because he is fast and weak a unique archetype nobody else has attempted to do in a character before. He has great skin potential too.

Triumphant

Spoiler

image.png.d4169cb5054d0b7855f45785e1b49eed.png

Survivor 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.8ba36d21485c9badb4c65b345d2cdb32.png

Roseate

Spoiler

image.png.d9ee7feaed9122bb6b578db5da89b77f.png

Thank you for reading this very legitimate suggestion have a great day. :)

I think the best thing would be giving the constant itself (the everyday life) a tune up as opposed to adding new optional content. Something to make the game overall more difficult to make up for the reworks and new options to survive like new sources of food. New things to shake things up, keep the world semi-stable at best!

29 minutes ago, Slagger said:

I can't draw it right now and don't have any photos from my old ones but here are few random pics and detail to visualize it.

MY VISUAL REQUESTS

I wan't angry looking, old fashioned old man (50-70 years old). Here is few I think would be cool looking in DST.

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=falsearthur-schopenhauer-profil-DM.jpg

MY CHARACTER REQUESTS

I want new survivor have grumpy character, be rude to everyone but that should not be evil roughness, it should be old people discontent. Carld Fredricksen from UP (2009) is a perfect example for that character style.

15515bcad707e475579080cd1780a55eee24091f.jpeg?region=0%2C0%2C640%2C640

MY SKILL REQUESTS

Now I'm not sure about that but it should be build around new big rework if it's gonna be one. If it's not gonna be, should be based on sea contents.

Yes.  Old man character.  

Archived