Any Ideas for the New Character?

Any Ideas for the New Character?  

246 members have voted

1. 1. Do YOU want the new character to be from one of the DLCs?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't have an opinion
  2. 2. Do YOU want the character to be brand new?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't have an opinion
  3. 3. If you answered yes on question 2, would you like to draw, design, color your character and show it in the comments?

• Yes
    • No
    • I CAN'T DRAW
    • I answered Yes on Question 1 instead
  4. 4. If you answered yes to Question 1, which character would you like?

• Wagstaff
    • Wheeler
    • Wilba
    • Warbucks even if he doesn't exist anymore lol
    • Wilbur
    • Woodlegs
    • Walani
    • I answered yes on Question 2 instead

questions 1 and 2 literally give you the exact same information, why ask both?

@ShadowQueen Reacting with potato cup doesn't make you any less incorrect, judging by the fact you refused to respond to me explaining how they give you the exact same information tells me that you see how you're wrong and are still refusing to admit it, unless there is something more you would like to say?

If you want a new character, you do not want an existing dlc character

If you want an existing dlc character, you do not want a new character

(unless you want both or neither which isnt the point of the poll)

9 hours ago, ShadowQueen said:

cool idea but imo I think characters that are mobs have lost their uniqueness over these years

Human characters have lost their uniqueness, characters with special diets too, so have follower characters. Uniqueness is a bad argument for why a character's creation shouldnt be considered.

On 7/15/2021 at 3:48 PM, Sunset_Liddel said:

now that i think about maybe they could bring one of thoses unimplementd characters from ds like they did with wortox i would love to see Waverly

I can't quote the thread because I can't find it, but there was a poll some time ago with specifics about gender, age, race etc about how would the forums community would like a new character to be and "human old lady" won. So this could still be a possibility.

I probably wouldn't like her to overlap in the "witch" side to be exactly the same as Wickerbottom (since, even though she canonically is a librarian and all, gameplay wise she IS a witch) and I would really like a new "witchcraft" repertoire for the old lady we already have, when her rework comes.

Whatever the new character does, I hope that she, he, or it, is versatile and thematic.

What I think wasn't so good about Walter is that he has a bunch of ideas glued together and not entirely fitting around a theme. Not that his perks are bad, its just that he isn't entirely cohesive around what are we expected to do with him. I can guess that his "thing" is that he is a "mounted ranged character". But then his slingshot, which represents 50% of main advertised perks, ended up being "meh" balance wise. To be fair, that probably just requires a few balance touches to make it useful, since Woby on its own is good, but not enough to make Walter a great character.

Another example of a thematic character is Wurt: everything about her relates to marshes, basebuilding, and expanding the merm kingdom, which gives her overall superior gatherers and fighters followers. Despite that there are still bugs, inconsistencies and QOL improvements to be made for her, the idea behind the character was very well made. Same with Wormwood, the "plants related" character or Wortox the "cursed imp". Again, not that there isn't room for improvement on each character, but they do follow around a theme which seems to be the main idea on the new characters.

I think that seeing a single new, well thought DLC character a year would always be welcome for the game: it would add cash to Klei, and it doesn't necessarily damage the fact that new content and skins could be added during the rest of the year. As it was said earlier, refreshes and QOL can only be made for X more time, new characters upon an ever growing world, could be added for many more years to come.

3 hours ago, ShadowDuelist said:

I can't quote the thread because I can't find it, but there was a poll some time ago with specifics about gender, age, race etc about how would the forums community would like a new character to be and "human old lady" won. So this could still be a possibility.

I probably wouldn't like her to overlap in the "witch" side to be exactly the same as Wickerbottom (since, even though she canonically is a librarian and all, gameplay wise she IS a witch) and I would really like a new "witchcraft" repertoire for the old lady we already have, when her rework comes.

Whatever the new character does, I hope that she, he, or it, is versatile and thematic.

What I think wasn't so good about Walter is that he has a bunch of ideas glued together and not entirely fitting around a theme. Not that his perks are bad, its just that he isn't entirely cohesive around what are we expected to do with him. I can guess that his "thing" is that he is a "mounted ranged character". But then his slingshot, which represents 50% of main advertised perks, ended up being "meh" balance wise. To be fair, that probably just requires a few balance touches to make it useful, since Woby on its own is good, but not enough to make Walter a great character.

Another example of a thematic character is Wurt: everything about her relates to marshes, basebuilding, and expanding the merm kingdom, which gives her overall superior gatherers and fighters followers. Despite that there are still bugs, inconsistencies and QOL improvements to be made for her, the idea behind the character was very well made. Same with Wormwood, the "plants related" character or Wortox the "cursed imp". Again, not that there isn't room for improvement on each character, but they do follow around a theme which seems to be the main idea on the new characters.

I think that seeing a single new, well thought DLC character a year would always be welcome for the game: it would add cash to Klei, and it doesn't necessarily damage the fact that new content and skins could be added during the rest of the year. As it was said earlier, refreshes and QOL can only be made for X more time, new characters upon an ever growing world, could be added for many more years to come.

I don't really get how Walter's perks don't tie to a theme you can look at him and see a boy scout and it shows in all his perks.

On the other hand while idea behind Wurt is good I hope the new character doesn't go the direction of Wurt gameplay wise as she's a character who has to deal with the game actively working against her mechanic making her not really worth it most of the time. Don't get me wrong I still really like Wurt alot but I've come to realize i like the idea of Wurt more than what she can do.

35 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

I don't really get how Walter's perks don't tie to a theme you can look at him and see a boy scout and it shows in all his perks.

The problem is not that his perks don't tie around a theme, it's that they tie around a theme too much. 
He is a boy scout, yes, and all of his perks reflect that, yes. But the main problem is they all revolve around him being a boy scout instead of him being a specific survival archetype. Willow is the pyromaniac and uses fire a lot in game, Wolfgang is a strongman and has perks around him being physically strong, Woodie is a lumberjack and has lucy, etc. The qualms people have is that Walter feels like the cart was put before the horse; The character was made before the gameplay mechanics and lacks any cohesiveness apart from the fact that he is a boy scout.

1 hour ago, Wumpus the 19th said:

The problem is not that his perks don't tie around a theme, it's that they tie around a theme too much. 
He is a boy scout, yes, and all of his perks reflect that, yes. But the main problem is they all revolve around him being a boy scout instead of him being a specific survival archetype. Willow is the pyromaniac and uses fire a lot in game, Wolfgang is a strongman and has perks around him being physically strong, Woodie is a lumberjack and has lucy, etc. The qualms people have is that Walter feels like the cart was put before the horse; The character was made before the gameplay mechanics and lacks any cohesiveness apart from the fact that he is a boy scout.

Why does he need to fill a super specific role if all of abilities are useful for survival in ways not currently filled?

Also despite Willow being the fire starter and having minor perks tied to fire it doesn't play a big role in her gameplay outside of 1 boss or novelty.

Figured I'd add to this Wolfgang doesn't really have a perk to show he's a strongman being more durable and hitting harder could easily be summed up as he's a good fighter he doesn't exert physical ability above any othe character aside from combat and speed.

Woodie is also now torn between being a shapeshifter and a lumber jack as his forms aren't only used for wood gathering.

12 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

Why does he need to fill a super specific role if all of abilities are useful for survival in ways not currently filled?

Also despite Willow being the fire starter and having minor perks tied to fire it doesn't play a big role in her gameplay outside of 1 boss or novelty.

I mean to me, he seems more as a general survivalist. I'm just rephrasing some of the counter points. None of us know what happens behind closed meeting room doors and some people will think that characters are poorly designed when they aren't or think they are perfect when they aren't. I don't think Walter is Egregious, myself, but I can see the qualms people would have with the character and his general survival perks are more scattered to account for the things that other characters don't fill the role of, as you have stated. He is a ranged character in a melee based game with a mount, and that feels much more centered and cohesive than his knick knack perks to make him stronger in this small aspect or that.

4 hours ago, Mysterious box said:

On the other hand while idea behind Wurt is good I hope the new character doesn't go the direction of Wurt gameplay wise as she's a character who has to deal with the game actively working against her mechanic making her not really worth it most of the time. Don't get me wrong I still really like Wurt alot but I've come to realize i like the idea of Wurt more than what she can do.

I honestly don't see how some of Walters perks tie in to a boy scout. 

I haven't seen a single survivalist ability in his kit unless I'm missing something?

Doesn't lower sanity due to obliviousness- personality trait

Sling shot- debatable. Some boy scouts teach you not to hurt animals. This gives me more of a "rascal" vibe

Woby- he's good with animals? I think this is debatable too. Woby just sort of came out of nowhere.

Campfire tales- I can sort of see it. 

Gains sanity under trees- I guess? 

Boy scouts are taught  survival techniques, to be resourceful and respect nature. 

If I had any say with Walters perks they would be based on merit badges. 

First aid badge- Walter gets 50% more healing out of healing salves and honey poultices. 

Tracking badge- Walter can tell what a track will lead to by examining it.

Awareness badge- Walter can walk while hiding in a bush hat. 

Resourceful badge- Walter has a small chance to use less items when crafting tier 1 items. For example a 20-50ish chance to half the cost of wooden armor.

Badges can even be cons

One with nature badge- Walter loses sanity when hurting innocent animals.

Just some examples

10 hours ago, HowlVoid said:

I honestly don't see how some of Walters perks tie in to a boy scout. 

I haven't seen a single survivalist ability in his kit unless I'm missing something?

Doesn't lower sanity due to obliviousness- personality trait

Sling shot- debatable. Some boy scouts teach you not to hurt animals. This gives me more of a "rascal" vibe

Woby- he's good with animals? I think this is debatable too. Woby just sort of came out of nowhere.

Campfire tales- I can sort of see it. 

Gains sanity under trees- I guess? 

Boy scouts are taught  survival techniques, to be resourceful and respect nature. 

If I had any say with Walters perks they would be based on merit badges. 

First aid badge- Walter gets 50% more healing out of healing salves and honey poultices. 

Tracking badge- Walter can tell what a track will lead to by examining it.

Awareness badge- Walter can walk while hiding in a bush hat. 

Resourceful badge- Walter has a small chance to use less items when crafting tier 1 items. For example a 20-50ish chance to half the cost of wooden armor.

Badges can even be cons

One with nature badge- Walter loses sanity when hurting innocent animals.

Just some examples

Cooks faster over campfires (survivalist skill)

Raises morale through stories(boy scout)

Portable recovery through portable tent(boy scout skill)

His mount makes him great for transporting resources, loot, and general survival gear for long trips on a team(survivalist)

His slingshot ties into his survival skills as well as birds and rabbits become instantly accessible for emergency food on longer trips.(boy scout)

His perks allow alot of sustain for the team while also allowing them to have enough stored gear for any situation.

Also for as much crap as he gets for having a dog something that isn't uncommon for scouts or hunters in media why not look to willow with bernie. To continue for us much crap as he gets about his downsides why is noone talking about how random it is that a strong man is scared of monsters I guess they get a pass because of the lore says it's ok?

2 hours ago, Mysterious box said:

Cooks faster over campfires (survivalist skill)

Raises morale through stories(boy scout)

Portable recovery through portable tent(boy scout skill)

Fair. I forgot about two of them as they don't tend to play impactful roles in my games.

His mount makes him great for transporting resources, loot, and general survival gear for long trips on a team(survivalist)

Then everyone that has chester is a survivalist? I don't think that makes sense. Bringing along those things is also a core aspect of any survival game, its hard NOT to bring those things along if you want to get very far.

His slingshot ties into his survival skills as well as birds and rabbits become instantly accessible for emergency food on longer trips.(boy scout)

As I said before, I don't see the boy scouts teaching children to kill helpless animals. His proficiency for the slingshot is also very poor given how long it takes him to shoot. We'll just have to agree to disagree on this one.

His perks allow alot of sustain for the team while also allowing them to have enough stored gear for any situation.

Of the perks you mentioned only his slingshot has this aspect. Even in that regard it isn't as efficient as just heading to a spider nest and whacking them on the head. His downsides of needing health asap or going insane, needing sanity when suffering any damage, or needing hunger to use his tent to prevent the last two, Walter ends up needing more resources than a basic Wilson; despite not being any more powerful than a basic Wilson. A single punch from a pig turns into a run down to the desert/oasis for cactus flesh or looking for mushrooms; he starts draining the teams resources from the get-go.

Also for as much crap as he gets for having a dog something that isn't uncommon for scouts or hunters

Of which he is neither and same goes for Woby. At Wobys worst they are a glorified chest and at their best they're a glorified beefalo. I think that if anything, it gives player a bad habit of needing to pick everything up. 

in media why not look to willow with bernie.

Yes, and it isn't a good trend to the dismay of many Willow players. They wanted a refreshed pyromaniac and they got a bernie instead. 

To continue for us much crap as he gets about his downsides why is noone talking about how random it is that a strong man is scared of monsters I guess they get a pass because of the lore says it's ok?

With Wolfgang his downside isn't a main focus of his gameplay, most people don't even notice it and serves the purpose of being in the background as "flavor" to the character. With Walter he is advertised as a boy scout but his personality is a far more important and the "boy scout" theme is easily forgotten. I mean tents are available to everyone, so what if its mobile? Webber's infinite tent is more impressive. Who keeps using campfires to cook when crackpots are available? Most of his perks are easily dismissed in a similar fashion. In the end you have a "brave" boy and "boy scout" is thrown out the window.

I'm still waiting for more information about the appearance of Robert Wagstaff in this game.

On 7/13/2021 at 9:16 PM, ShadowQueen said:

If you answered yes on question 3, feel free to show me your artwork! (I never roasted anyone's drawing in my life so idc what it looks like) make sure to give your character a name (it doesn't have to start with W)

I have too many characters... So choose your favorite.
1756644265_ocs.thumb.png.3ccf153fe3587329164ec76869e9d315.png1363937263_ocs2.0.thumb.png.43a2bbe46e6a7fe6c0d62a13dd7b334a.png198264311_ocs3.0.thumb.png.6a767eedff52775755bc868857aa0e7a.png

1 hour ago, HowlVoid said:

Fair. I forgot about two of them as they don't tend to play impactful roles in my games.

Then everyone that has chester is a survivalist? I don't think that makes sense. Bringing along those things is also a core aspect of any survival game, its hard NOT to bring those things along if you want to get very far.

As I said before, I don't see the boy scouts teaching children to kill helpless animals. His proficiency for the slingshot is also very poor given how long it takes him to shoot. We'll just have to agree to disagree on this one.

Of the perks you mentioned only his slingshot has this aspect. Even in that regard it isn't as efficient as just heading to a spider nest and whacking them on the head. His downsides of needing health asap or going insane, needing sanity when suffering any damage, or needing hunger to use his tent to prevent the last two, Walter ends up needing more resources than a basic Wilson; despite not being any more powerful than a basic Wilson. A single punch from a pig turns into a run down to the desert/oasis for cactus flesh or looking for mushrooms; he starts draining the teams resources from the get-go.

Of which he is neither and same goes for Woby. At Wobys worst they are a glorified chest and at their best they're a glorified beefalo. I think that if anything, it gives player a bad habit of needing to pick everything up. 

Yes, and it isn't a good trend to the dismay of many Willow players. They wanted a refreshed pyromaniac and they got a bernie instead. 

With Wolfgang his downside isn't a main focus of his gameplay, most people don't even notice it and serves the purpose of being in the background as "flavor" to the character. With Walter he is advertised as a boy scout but his personality is a far more important and the "boy scout" theme is easily forgotten. I mean tents are available to everyone, so what if its mobile? Webber's infinite tent is more impressive. Who keeps using campfires to cook when crackpots are available? Most of his perks are easily dismissed in a similar fashion. In the end you have a "brave" boy and "boy scout" is thrown out the window.

While I haven't kept up on boy scouts they did teach hunting and how to shoot a slingshot I'm not saying they said go kill random animals but survival is survival.

Woby plays a more useful role to chester on a team due to being invincible and able to travel thru shards. Also the team not taking advantage of him or players using it to storage everything is on the player in the same way a guy who chooses not to engage in combat can pick wigfrid or Wolfgang that has nothing to do with the design and i don't see how having the fastest unburdened movement speed and the highest storage capacity is a bad thing

You day Walter's theme is forgotten but realistically is because your choosing to forget it each of his perks has clear ties to his scout backround choosing to ignore them doesn't mean they don't exsist.

He is a mobile base that can patch up the team on the go.

Is the team low on stats but far from base? Portable tent

Also comparing webber's tent is silly as only he can use it.

Is the team going insane but low on sanity restores and far from base? Stories.

Group running low on food while traveling?

Slingshot a few birds or speed around with woby to quickly gather some food.

Got alot of meat your stored in the fridge? Speed cook.

Also players being bad doesn't mean a character is bad his hat halfs sanity loss and armor reduces it even further. The fact the portable tent only costs grass and his slingshot means healing is always at arms length. A few hits won't make him insane unless your for some reason getting into fights and tanking without armor which again is player error.

Lastly while you say he out grows his perks that's only true if your just sitting around base and no longer travel the map but at that point most characters fall off not just him. For example when bearager spawns he gives you more wood than you can use but at that point does woodie stop being a lumberjack and instead just become a were person?

2 hours ago, Mysterious box said:

While I haven't kept up on boy scouts they did teach hunting and how to shoot a slingshot I'm not saying they said go kill random animals but survival is survival.

Then why does Walter have such poor synergy if it ties in so well with his theme? As some have pointed out, he excels at close combat, while it has bad range dps. You can get more combined hunger killing spiders with a spear than killing birds and bunnies with the slingshot.

Woby plays a more useful role to chester on a team due to being invincible and able to travel thru shards.

I don't think I have ever wished for more slots than what a backpack provides me. I recommend watching some scienceless ruin rushes and you'll learn you carry more than you need. 

Also the team not taking advantage of him or players using it to storage everything

This just screams bad inventory management to me. In multiplayer inventory management should be even easier as players divide tasks, unless poor cooperation. 

is on the player in the same way a guy who chooses not to engage in combat can pick wigfrid or Wolfgang that has nothing to do with the design

Are you saying a player is bad because he decides not to capitalize on an ability that is irrelevant to their play style? 

and i don't see how having the fastest unburdened movement speed and the highest storage capacity is a bad thing

Never said its a bad thing, simply that its pretty weak as far as "survival" perks go (still don't see what's so survival about it). Didn't you say recently that riding Woby is risky because you get bucked off in a single hit, thus exposing you to more damage? So which one is it, good or bad?

You day Walter's theme is forgotten but realistically is because your choosing to forget it each of his perks has clear ties to his scout backround choosing to ignore them doesn't mean they don't exsist.

Right, so I should continue cooking food on the fire pit and not take advantage of the crockpot so the characters perks stay relevant. 

He is a mobile base that can patch up the team on the go.

As apposed to food?  

Is the team low on stats but far from base? Portable tent

As apposed to food? 

Also comparing webber's tent is silly as only he can use it.

As apposed to- oh...  Hey Walter patch me up.

"I uh... Have a tent..."

Hey Webber patch me up.

"If you have a mushroom I can make you a pirogie with my dozens of monster meat. I have healing salves or take some of my hundreds of silk and make a tent."

Is the team going insane but low on sanity restores and far from base? Stories.

As apposed to food?

Group running low on food while traveling?

As apposed- Is there some reason why everyone is relying on Walter for basic necessities? 

Slingshot a few birds or speed around with woby to quickly gather some food.

As apposed to having enough food on you? When you play multiplayer does everyone head out in a big pack all the time or something, that they're all conveniently near each other? 

Got alot of meat your stored in the fridge? Speed cook.

Or cook it raw... This goes back to poor resource management. Making/having more food than you'll need is a bad habit I used to have.

Also players being bad doesn't mean a character is bad his hat halfs sanity loss and armor reduces it even further.

Would be better if he didn't have to deal with it. Why does it have to be a continues drain for otherwise unremarkable characters, just seems unbalanced. 

The fact the portable tent only costs grass and his slingshot means healing is always at arms length.

As apposed to food?

A few hits won't make him insane unless your for some reason getting into fights and tanking without armor which again is player error.

Read this wrong. Walter has a high skill ceiling then, but I don't think its worth the effort. To me that's bad design.

Lastly while you say he out grows his perks that's only true if your just sitting around base and no longer travel the map but at that point most characters fall off not just him. For example when bearager spawns he gives you more wood than you can use but at that point does woodie stop being a lumberjack and instead just become a were person?

His perks literally become irrelevant withing the first 2-4 days.

Edit: Read something wrong but I fixed it.

Then why does Walter have such poor synergy if it ties in so well with his theme? As some have pointed out, he excels at close combat, while it has bad range dps. You can get more combined hunger killing spiders with a spear than killing birds and bunnies with the slingshot.

Key point is birds are with you wherever you go on the surface while spiders can spawn in multiple areas you still have to go to their spawners assuming they haven't been relocated once again the point i'm trying to make is Walter is better suited to traveling than base sitting. Sure his perks don't mean much if your base sitting or don't go very far from base but some players like traveling around the world me included.

This just screams bad inventory management to me. In multiplayer inventory management should be even easier as players divide tasks, unless poor cooperation. 

having more space doesn't automatically mean you have poor resource management that's once again on the player just because you can get by with less doesn't mean you automatically become worse having more room to store things this point here is like saying you become a bad player if you use chester.

I don't think I have ever wished for more slots than what a backpack provides me. I recommend watching some scienceless ruin rushes and you'll learn you carry more than you need.

This assumes a lot like assuming i carry everything with me or that even use a backpack while playing Walter

Right, so I should continue cooking food on the fire pit and not take advantage of the crockpot so the characters perks stay relevant.

So what your telling me is you never ever under any circumstances ever cook over a fire the moment you craft your first crockpot?

As apposed to- oh...  Hey Walter patch me up.

"I uh... Have a tent..."

Hey Webber patch me up.

"If you have a mushroom I can make you a pirogie with my dozens of monster meat. I have healing salves or take some of my hundreds of silk and make a tent."

So what your telling me is you either always play Webber or always have one on hand and that Webber always does spider wars. You also never run out of food while traveling? Do you not travel much or often? His tent is a 10 use recovery item that will max both your hp and sanity made from just grass and twigs arguing that it is useless or easily replaced is funny. And yes before you say it I know bundling wraps exist for food but saying his tent is bad because they exist is the same as saying wortox's soul healing with worthless because they exist. Walter offers options same as any other character you live without most every character's perk if that's the point your trying to make.

Would be better if he didn't have to deal with it. Why does it have to be a continues drain for otherwise unremarkable characters, just seems unbalanced. 

Most characters could be called unremarkable really if you break them down everyone's perks are very much replaceable.

Read this wrong. Walter has a high skill ceiling then, but I don't think its worth the effort. To me that's bad design.

Also Walter's skill ceiling is a lot lower than lower than it seems a lot of people are of the mindset that Walter's hat is worthless but also that getting hit drains too much sanity but here's a simple example a pig man deals 33 using a log suit it's about 6.6 damage and if your using his hat during the fight that's how much sanity you lose as well. If your tanking using that setup it takes about 25 hits to go insane key words here if your tanking. Head slot armor is the meta so people immediately get rid of his hat and use football helms then tank and wonder why their going insane so fast. Also the passive sanity drain is very minor unless you let yourself get to very low hp which again is easily fixed by his tent or food.

Are you saying a player is bad because he decides not to capitalize on an ability that is irrelevant to their play style? 

No I'm saying any ability is irrelevant if a person chooses not to use it despite it being useful.

Never said its a bad thing, simply that its pretty weak as far as "survival" perks go (still don't see what's so survival about it). Didn't you say recently that riding Woby is risky because you get bucked off in a single hit, thus exposing you to more damage? So which one is it, good or bad?

Never said you had to ride her into combat also the context of that was that a young child was playing the character which means they wouldn't be versed in downsides or woby mechanics.

3 hours ago, Mysterious box said:

Key point is birds are with you wherever you go on the surface while spiders can spawn in multiple areas

Pretty hard not to come across spiders when you first spawn and begin scouting the world.

You would rather try at 50% for a morsel than pick a carrot off the ground? 

you still have to go to their spawners assuming they haven't been relocated

How do you not come across spiders, honestly? They are everywhere. 

once again the point i'm trying to make is Walter is better suited to traveling than base sitting. Sure his perks don't mean much if your base sitting or don't go very far from base but some players like traveling around the world me included.

Walter has one perk that makes exploring easy, Woby. Everyone has access to beefalo, the clear superior choice. 

having more space doesn't automatically mean you have poor resource management that's once again on the player just because you can get by with less doesn't mean you automatically become worse having more room to store things this point here is like saying you become a bad player if you use chester.

You develop bad habits. Needing more space does make you a bad player, sorry to be so blunt but it's the truth. 

This assumes a lot like assuming i carry everything with me or that even use a backpack while playing Walter

Even if you decide to wear climate gear, if you don't have clear goals in mind this well help you develop bad habits. If you don't carry everything with you then why do you need Woby? Chester is more than suitable and shadow chester is perfect. Should you find yourself in multiplayer than divide the work and you still don't need a backpack. 

You wont be able to convince me otherwise, I have been playing this game long enough to know Woby is a luxury not a necessity. Woby is a very lackluster perk. 

So what your telling me is you never ever under any circumstances ever cook over a fire the moment you craft your first crockpot?

Lmao yes, basically.

I eat carrots RAW

I eat monster meat RAW

If you saw my Wormwood guide I didn't even bother making crackpots for a whole year. Even then I'd only use them for Jelly beans. Cooking over a fire is a waste of time and carrying logs for anything other than armor is a waste of space. 

So what your telling me is you either always play Webber or always have one on hand and that Webber always does spider wars.

The point with Webber is that any Character can replace Walter and bring more to the table.

You also never run out of food while traveling?

Nope.

Do you not travel much or often?

Non-stop all year. I rush the ruins every time too. Look up my Wormwood guide and you'll see.

His tent is a 10 use recovery item that will max both your hp and sanity made from just grass and twigs arguing that it is useless or easily replaced is funny.

Or... You can eat food. Are you playing a no crackpot food challenge or something? I rathe eat a pirogie and instantly heal 40 hp than waste time doing nothing in a tent for 40 seconds, while simultaneously losing 40 points of hunger.

And yes before you say it I know bundling wraps exist for food but saying his tent is bad because they exist

They are bad because the trade off is bad. Why trade any amount of hunger in exchange for other stats when you can EAT and heal those stats?

is the same as saying wortox's soul healing with worthless because they exist.

Honestly... Yeah food kinda makes Wortox's healing pretty meh early game if you know how to kite. Late game I think its better as you can bundle butterflys and kill them all at once using the bramble husk. 

Walter offers options same as any other character you live without most every character's perk if that's the point your trying to make.

Walters options are horribly weak. They have better alternatives most right out of spawn making the characters whole kit replaceable and meaningless, except for insanity nullification which has a horrible counter balance (sanity drain when hurt).

Most characters could be called unremarkable really if you break them down everyone's perks are very much replaceable.

You're on your own on that one. I don't share the sentiment at all. You cant replace Wicker's effeciancy farming saffron feathers , you cant replace Wormwoods blooming, you can't replace Winona's cheap catapults, you can't replace damage modifiers. Everything from Walter is replaceable, the problem is that its almost right from spawn.

Also Walter's skill ceiling is a lot lower than lower than it seems a lot of people are of the mindset that Walter's hat is worthless

Why would I want a hat whose abilities I can substitute with healing/sanity healing, when I can wear a helmet?

but also that getting hit drains too much sanity but here's a simple example a pig man deals 33 using a log suit

Walter's downsides already rearing their ugly head at a simple pig fight. Do you have healing? Because you're going to start losing sanity for a simple pig fight. Guess what? Wilson took abit of damage and has move on without any healing in hand or armor. A simple pig fight no less requires Walters to jump through hoops. I rather save my armor for bishops. 

Also better start having wooden armor on hand all the time... Yeah, no.

it's about 6.6 damage and if your using his hat during the fight that's how much sanity you lose as well.

Or choose any other character and don't lose sanity?

If your tanking using that setup it takes about 25 hits to go insane key words here if your tanking.

Or choose any other character and don't lose sanity?

So basically I need extra prep to fight something as simple as dragonfly. I make a few mistakes and the whole fight goes sour.

Head slot armor is the meta so people immediately get rid of his hat

Helmets are easy to come by.

and use football helms then tank and wonder why their going insane so fast.

Or simply lose any health and don't have healing on hand. 

Also the passive sanity drain is very minor unless you let yourself get to very low hp which again is easily fixed by his tent or food.

Or choose ANY othe character and dont2 have a stat that continuously drains for no reason. Its bad balance. 

No I'm saying any ability is irrelevant if a person chooses not to use it despite it being useful.

Why would I use something weaker when a superior alternative exists RIGHT FROM SPAWN. I rather make a spear than a slingshots that loses at every weapon in the game at every stage of the game. 

Never said you had to ride her into combat also the context of that was that a young child was playing the character which means they wouldn't be versed in downsides or woby mechanics.

Not sure why you're so keen on defending a character that is so bland and uninspired. 

12 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

You cant replace Wicker's effeciancy farming saffron feathers , you can't replace Winona's cheap catapults, you can't replace damage modifiers. Everything from Walter is replaceable, the problem is that its almost right from spawn.

(you can replace all of these)

9 hours ago, Guille6785 said:

melee weapons

What? How is a melee weapon a replacement for a perk? That's a tool.

, fire farms

I said no exploits. Yes, its an exploit guille.

, beefalo

A beefalos damage is capped at 66, if you use jelly that's a combat perk.

, and skill

I don't think you understood what I meant by a  replacement in the above context. I meant you can't find alternatives with the same function. 

Wicker can summon more birds than any player or item can achieve in normal vanilla conditions.

With Winonas catapults one can amass a large number of external damage sources within a reasonable time frame for any situation. Fire farms are an exploit as far as I'm concerned, if you don't think so that's fine, but in most instances the boss can't even move.

Damage modifiers are the only way to exceed above standard dps with a melee weapon. There are ways to achieve higher damage with unconventional weapons like gunpowder, but I find melee weapons to be the most fun way to fight. You can't replace the advantage you gain from damage modifiers when fighting bosses in a "fair" (using the normal kiting tactic) fight. 

15 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

What? How is a melee weapon a replacement for a perk? That's a tool.

you mentioned saffron feathers which are a waste of time to gather, just use a melee weapon instead of electric darts

17 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

Fire farms are an exploit as far as I'm concerned, if you don't think so that's fine, but in most instances the boss can't even move.

there's more fire farms than bq oven, I wasn't talking about that one

7 hours ago, HowlVoid said:

You develop bad habits. Needing more space does make you a bad player, sorry to be so blunt but it's the truth. 

So i need to do 1838281 travels after a bearger harvest because if not im a bad player for using dark chester, bundle wraps or/and woby?

5 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

So i need to do 1838281 travels after a bearger harvest because if not im a bad player for using dark chester, bundle wraps or/and woby?

In this case you only need more space because you're trying to carry as much as possible. I'm talking about needing a lot of space for basic survival. 

Archived