Any Ideas for the New Character?

Any Ideas for the New Character?  

246 members have voted

1. 1. Do YOU want the new character to be from one of the DLCs?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't have an opinion
  2. 2. Do YOU want the character to be brand new?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't have an opinion
  3. 3. If you answered yes on question 2, would you like to draw, design, color your character and show it in the comments?

• Yes
    • No
    • I CAN'T DRAW
    • I answered Yes on Question 1 instead
  4. 4. If you answered yes to Question 1, which character would you like?

• Wagstaff
    • Wheeler
    • Wilba
    • Warbucks even if he doesn't exist anymore lol
    • Wilbur
    • Woodlegs
    • Walani
    • I answered yes on Question 2 instead

A character who is worse short-term, but is better long-term.

For instance, hunger drains slower.

Mining/chopping/digging/whatever else with tools takes more time but leaves the tools more durable even if done the same amount

Low max hp, but hp regains overtime passively.

More inventory space, but slower.

Faster on tracks and floors, slower on dirt.

Basically someone to always stay on base doing the boring stuff, occasionally moving resources near paths.

15 hours ago, HowlVoid said:

In this case you only need more space because you're trying to carry as much as possible. I'm talking about needing a lot of space for basic survival. 

On 7/19/2021 at 10:59 PM, HowlVoid said:

Pretty hard not to come across spiders when you first spawn and begin scouting the world.

You would rather try at 50% for a morsel than pick a carrot off the ground? 

How do you not come across spiders, honestly? They are everywhere. 

Walter has one perk that makes exploring easy, Woby. Everyone has access to beefalo, the clear superior choice. 

You develop bad habits. Needing more space does make you a bad player, sorry to be so blunt but it's the truth. 

Even if you decide to wear climate gear, if you don't have clear goals in mind this well help you develop bad habits. If you don't carry everything with you then why do you need Woby? Chester is more than suitable and shadow chester is perfect. Should you find yourself in multiplayer than divide the work and you still don't need a backpack. 

You wont be able to convince me otherwise, I have been playing this game long enough to know Woby is a luxury not a necessity. Woby is a very lackluster perk. 

Lmao yes, basically.

I eat carrots RAW

I eat monster meat RAW

If you saw my Wormwood guide I didn't even bother making crackpots for a whole year. Even then I'd only use them for Jelly beans. Cooking over a fire is a waste of time and carrying logs for anything other than armor is a waste of space. 

The point with Webber is that any Character can replace Walter and bring more to the table.

Nope.

Non-stop all year. I rush the ruins every time too. Look up my Wormwood guide and you'll see.

Or... You can eat food. Are you playing a no crackpot food challenge or something? I rathe eat a pirogie and instantly heal 40 hp than waste time doing nothing in a tent for 40 seconds, while simultaneously losing 40 points of hunger.

They are bad because the trade off is bad. Why trade any amount of hunger in exchange for other stats when you can EAT and heal those stats?

Honestly... Yeah food kinda makes Wortox's healing pretty meh early game if you know how to kite. Late game I think its better as you can bundle butterflys and kill them all at once using the bramble husk. 

Walters options are horribly weak. They have better alternatives most right out of spawn making the characters whole kit replaceable and meaningless, except for insanity nullification which has a horrible counter balance (sanity drain when hurt).

You're on your own on that one. I don't share the sentiment at all. You cant replace Wicker's effeciancy farming saffron feathers , you cant replace Wormwoods blooming, you can't replace Winona's cheap catapults, you can't replace damage modifiers. Everything from Walter is replaceable, the problem is that its almost right from spawn.

Why would I want a hat whose abilities I can substitute with healing/sanity healing, when I can wear a helmet?

Walter's downsides already rearing their ugly head at a simple pig fight. Do you have healing? Because you're going to start losing sanity for a simple pig fight. Guess what? Wilson took abit of damage and has move on without any healing in hand or armor. A simple pig fight no less requires Walters to jump through hoops. I rather save my armor for bishops. 

Also better start having wooden armor on hand all the time... Yeah, no.

Or choose any other character and don't lose sanity?

Or choose any other character and don't lose sanity?

So basically I need extra prep to fight something as simple as dragonfly. I make a few mistakes and the whole fight goes sour.

Helmets are easy to come by.

Or simply lose any health and don't have healing on hand. 

Or choose ANY othe character and dont2 have a stat that continuously drains for no reason. Its bad balance. 

Why would I use something weaker when a superior alternative exists RIGHT FROM SPAWN. I rather make a spear than a slingshots that loses at every weapon in the game at every stage of the game. 

Not sure why you're so keen on defending a character that is so bland and uninspired. 

It really feels like what your saying is Walter's abilities don't suit your playstyle as such he is a bad character and offers nothing and anyone who doesn't ignore what he offers is a bad player at this point it sounds like pure bias your exaggerating his negative aspects while trying to downplay his positives. You also seem to believe that the way you play is superior to others for some reason.

16 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

It really feels like what your saying is Walter's abilities don't suit your playstyle as such he is a bad character and offers nothing and anyone who doesn't ignore what he offers is a bad player at this point it sounds like pure bias your exaggerating his negative aspects while trying to downplay his positives. You also seem to believe that the way you play is superior to others for some reason.

I could say the exact same thing to you. 

You also mentioned things like:

"Unless you never leave base"

"You never cook on a fire?"

We were talking about Walter but this is spiralling out of control.

Have a nice day. 

On 7/18/2021 at 1:18 AM, Baark0 said:

Human characters have lost their uniqueness, characters with special diets too, so have follower characters. Uniqueness is a bad argument for why a character's creation shouldnt be considered.

How are human characters even unique? It makes sense for humans to be in a survival game

On 7/14/2021 at 5:01 PM, Deerclops Mika said:

I think a great idea would be to add Wildeye Weston.

If Klei loved him enough he would already be in Shipwrecked, and plus, seafaring isn't that good in dst, so why would we have a seafaring character?

3 hours ago, ShadowQueen said:

How are human characters even unique? It makes sense for humans to be in a survival game

They aren't, and never were, I was just using human characters to prove a point that uniqueness is a garbage reason to not consider a character design.

Maybe an ocean character would be cool. Like a shark or squid or crab or something.

Pros

• Can swim in the ocean (maybe 25%-35% faster than normal walking).
  • Friendly towards all ocean creatures.
  • Can easily catch fish

Cons

• Has a meter that goes down when not in water. Starts to loose health when it reaches 0.
    • Can use water balloons to increase meter (making ruins possible).
    • Maybe can craft some sponge item that does the same.
    • Also rain makes it increase
  • Can only eat fish dishes (or if that's to much has to eat fish ~50% of the time)

That's the best idea I got.

3 hours ago, ShadowQueen said:

YOU USE CHESTER  IM SO HAPPY FOR YOU CHESTER IS THE BEST (NO SERIOUSLY)

Chester is best, but Ice is superior in every way besides early game, and I mean like first autumn early game.

On 7/14/2021 at 3:51 AM, Slagger said:

I can't draw it right now and don't have any photos from my old ones but here are few random pics and detail to visualize it.

MY VISUAL REQUESTS

I wan't angry looking, old fashioned old man (50-70 years old). Here is few I think would be cool looking in DST.

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=falsearthur-schopenhauer-profil-DM.jpg

MY CHARACTER REQUESTS

I want new survivor have grumpy character, be rude to everyone but that should not be evil roughness, it should be old people discontent. Carld Fredricksen from UP (2009) is a perfect example for that character style.

15515bcad707e475579080cd1780a55eee24091f.jpeg?region=0%2C0%2C640%2C640

MY SKILL REQUESTS

Now I'm not sure about that but it should be build around new big rework if it's gonna be one. If it's not gonna be, should be based on sea contents.

How 'bout Wallace?

8 hours ago, AFS Co. said:

How 'bout Wallace?

Do you think Wallace fit any of those information?

8 hours ago, AFS Co. said:

I want new survivor have grumpy character, be rude to everyone but that should not be evil roughness, it should be old people discontent. Carld Fredricksen from UP (2009) is a perfect example for that character style

image.png.34c7fd7b7fc404eeb7f17d25d71dc98b.png

On 7/17/2021 at 8:49 PM, TemporarySolutn said:

questions 1 and 2 literally give you the exact same information, why ask both?

No, they don't give the exact same information, dlc characters aren't considered brand new because technically they're already in the Constant

Plus, in this poll, brand new means new design, perks, and other stuff

2 hours ago, ShadowQueen said:

No, they don't give the exact same information, dlc characters aren't considered brand new because technically they're already in the Constant

Plus, in this poll, brand new means new design, perks, and other stuff

Yes, yes they do
Do you want a DLC character? (Yes = not a new character)
Do you want a new character? (Yes = not a dlc character)

they are clearly inverted questions?

On 7/25/2021 at 7:01 AM, ShadowQueen said:

I'm tired of men being in DST, can we have a women or even a child? idc what we get, as long as its female

We already have, like, 4 children in the cast. Five if you count the dead ones. Maybe even six, depending on how you interpret Wormwood. That's almost a quarter of the cast.

14 minutes ago, minespatch said:

I think a gestalt would be a happy medium of what everyone wants.

I don't think that's even possible. Gestalts appear to be mere extensions of Altar's will, so playing a Gestalt would be tantamount to playing an elder god.

45 minutes ago, minespatch said:

I think a gestalt would be a happy medium of what everyone wants.

man thats a bit much of sayin "everyone" since when im part of "everyone"? what i want is a lizard of course as i have shown before how would a gestalt character even work? i mean they are pretty much just some sort of energy so it seems that cant be outside of areas whitout moon energy around gestalts are pretty much too much energy commin to "life" and that energy is too much for someone to handly so a character just gets knocked out

On 7/25/2021 at 6:01 AM, ShadowQueen said:

I'm tired of men being in DST, can we have a women or even a child? idc what we get, as long as its female

wait whaaaaaat. i thought they were all children.

but yeah you're right: the sex ratio being roughly 1:1 irl, the female population is clearly underrepresented in the Constant since we only have 5 female characters for 12 male characters.

Edit : oopsie i just realized i assumed the gender of a demon, a breathing moving plant, a cyborg and a mutated bog creature even though these are not my fields of expertise. but i'm sure a knowledgeable person will enlighten me on that.

Yet, a 6:5 or 7:5 male to female ratio remains, so it doesn't invalidate the claim.

On 7/25/2021 at 5:01 AM, ShadowQueen said:

I mean to be frank, I don't think that kidnappers really think about the gender of who they are kidnapping because true kidnappers of culture only worry about if their name starts with w

Archived