NEW Streaming Drops Available Now! (The Smite'ning Rod)

9 minutes ago, hannahs0lo said:

I did that, that's why I'm kinda confused, all my friends who stream DST got accepted (one of them didn't even apply and was on the list), I must have done something wrong while applying... ): 

Well, my streams haven't necessarily been all DST (as a matter of fact my streams have been Dead by Daylight and maybe Bloons TD6), I think it is based on the amount that you stream. I'm not from Klei so I wouldn't be able to confirm this or not though.

4 minutes ago, QuartzBeam said:

I am NOT getting the drops for some reason, even though I've claimed them (well, the first two) on Twitch.

Nor are they showing up on my Klei Account:

They don't show up in the Klei page section of  transactions until you open the game. They work like the daily gift drops

26 minutes ago, Starlogy said:

Well, my streams haven't necessarily been all DST (as a matter of fact my streams have been Dead by Daylight and maybe Bloons TD6), I think it is based on the amount that you stream. I'm not from Klei so I wouldn't be able to confirm this or not though.

Mine were mostly DS shipwrecked lately, aparently I gotta have a minimun of 22h in the last 30 days. Which I'm pretty sure I do...

1 hour ago, FreyaMaluk said:

this is probs just gonna kill small people trying to get into DST cuz noone is gonna watch a 2 viewers person that doesn't have drops... that's just the reality of things

if you enjoy that little streamer you can watch him and have in other tab in your browser a streamer with drops

afk viwers doesnt care about the streamer so doesnt matter if that little streamer have more viewers if nobody is actually paying attention

This is a minor gripe but can the names of the items in the drops inventory not all be just "Smite'ning Rod" and be something along the lines of "Smite'ning Rod Icon", "Smite'ning Rod Frame", and ""Smite'ning Rod Item" so that the auto-generated Twitch message is more specific?

2 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

if you enjoy that little streamer you can watch him and have in other tab in your browser a streamer with drops

afk viwers doesnt care about the streamer so doesnt matter if that little streamer have more viewers if nobody is actually paying attention

Actually you're wrong buddy.
Little streamer, even with afk drop grinder, get more views/watchers, and then because of the popularity spike get more visibility, because twitch system is turned about to put in list the online streamers from Most to Lowest viewers currently watching.

And, personnaly for my part i can tell you that about the 2 side.
I'm not a big streamer, and when i have the drop enabled, i always get a tiny spike of views. Usually have between 2 to 10 viewers without drop. When drop always between 8 and 20.

And when i'm grinding my own Drops about Dst, i always try to focus on a little channel, instead of running to the mainstream streamer like the russian H24-7d/7 couple and the "dead inside" sleeping nearly not talking Wifgrid player dad.
Don't know the names of those two streamers, but they always have a BIG HIGH lot of viewers, and most of them are lurking drop.

6 minutes ago, Sportsman180 said:

You have to got to your Drops page on Twitch and claim each gift individually. Which is kinda ridiculous, you guys.

Makes a bit sense against afk watching. (for me option appeared in chat window)

Just now, Notecja said:

Makes a bit sense against afk watching.

Problem is that it is quite the bad solution

It doesnt encourage watching the stream, all it does is encourage to come back every few hours to click twice and go do something else

5 minutes ago, Sportsman180 said:

You have to got to your Drops page on Twitch and claim each gift individually. Which is kinda ridiculous, you guys.

It says I have the Profile Icon claimed in twitch on my drops page but it doesn't show up in my game or in my klei inventory

Archived