NEW Streaming Drops Available Now! (The Smite'ning Rod)

I can't pretend to act like this new system doesn't feel like a slap in the face to those of us that didn't make the list of streamers able to offer drops. Over the last year I have streamed literally hundreds of hours of DST and was not on this list of streamers. After streaming this game for that long and rearranging my stream schedule to be 100% DST when the 12 week drops campaign came out, I was not on this list. Other than the long time streamers, this change doesn't bode well for smaller streamers just starting out in DST. I think of the great streamers I currently watch that were able to grow their channels through DST. People I would probably never have had the opportunity to meet if not for DST. Being part of the DST community has always felt like a little family where we all rooted for each other..... Streamers with large numbers of viewers raiding smaller, newer streamers..... People supporting streamers of all sizes and differing communities. With the new system, streamers with drops will not be raiding anyone other than other streamers with drops. This now leaves small streamers with less of a chance for people to discover their streams. I am truly disappointed in this new drops system. I'm sad that the community that I came to love so much has changed from super supportive to one that limits the abilities for people to grow and support each other.

I have watched and also claimed my drops on twitch, all 3 of them, yet I have got neither of them in my game inventory. On the twitch page my game account is shown as connected.

My account is linked successfully I've been getting drops for a while, and it shows it's linked in my rewards page. Any fix ideas?

12 minutes ago, BeeClops said:

I have watched and also claimed my drops on twitch, all 3 of them, yet I have got neither of them in my game inventory. On the twitch page my game account is shown as connected.

My account is linked successfully I've been getting drops for a while, and it shows it's linked in my rewards page. Any fix ideas?

are you playing on the console?

9 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

if you enjoy that little streamer you can watch him and have in other tab in your browser a streamer with drops

afk viwers doesnt care about the streamer so doesnt matter if that little streamer have more viewers if nobody is actually paying attention

afk streaming doesn't work if the person is not listening. mute afk "lurk" doesn't count for views, even the trick of muting the tab instead of the stream doesn't work either. I've tested this.. unless a person has a dedicated computer or device they use to get their drops and watch a small streamer in another (which to be completely honest seems unrealistic to me since it's just a lot of work for a commitment to a small streamer) the new system is just made to consolidate viewership on some people. that obvs can be bad for people that really just milk the system but it will disproportionately affect newcomers to the system the most.

the new system just makes really hard for a small streamer to get into the community. the reality is that the drops significantly boost viewership and being automatically out of the system will make your growth much much difficult.

1 hour ago, BeeClops said:

Yes, I was having the same problem and I discovered a fix. I basically had to reconnect my Klei Account to twitch. I'm guessing this is because of the new twitch drop rewards system changed enough stuff that this is now a necessary step. For those that are not sure how this is done, I'll try and break it down for you.

Step 1: Go to this link. https://accounts.klei.com/account/rewards

Step 2: There should be a Twitch logo staring you in the face and an option to link your Klei account to Twitch here. Do so.

Step 3: If asked, log into Steam when prompted. (It automatically logged me in but I'm not sure that it would for everyone).

Step 4: Once linked (or in my case, re-linked), load up DST and check to see if you now have your rewards.

Note: You do have to manually claim twitch drops now, so make sure you have done so.

I hope this helps.

Edit: I removed text that I had started typing before finding the solution and forgot to remove prior to making this post. lol

7 minutes ago, Casm said:

Yes, I was having the same problem and I discovered a fix. I basically had to reconnect my Klei Account to twitch. I'm guessing this is because of the new twitch drop rewards system changed enough stuff that this is now a necessary step. For those that are not sure how this is done, I'll try and break it down for you.

Step 1: Go to this link. https://accounts.klei.com/account/rewards

Step 2: There should be a Twitch logo staring you in the face and an option to link your Klei account to Twitch here. Do so.

Step 3: If asked, log into Steam when prompted. (It automatically logged me in but I'm not sure that it would for everyone).

Step 4: Once linked (or in my case, re-linked), load up DST and check to see if you now have your rewards.

Note: You do have to manually claim twitch drops now, so make sure you have done so.

I hope this helps.

but how can I re-link my account if it is already linked? I see no option to un-link it. On my rewards page, it shows "successfully linked", even if I log in and out of my psn, when I do log in my account is linked and it shows that I already got the rewards on twitch, and I have already manually claimed them all.

3 hours ago, FreyaMaluk said:

afk streaming doesn't work if the person is not listening. mute afk "lurk" doesn't count for views, even the trick of muting the tab instead of the stream doesn't work either

I dont know if this have change with the new system but i get most of my drops mutting some stream and doing other stuff

If someone inst interested in streams wont watch streams after he gets the drops. Afk streamers dont make a community arround the streamer

Is true what other user said about visibility but other than that being small means that you need to offer a good product to grow

10 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

I give up, hours of streams & not even the 30 minute mark.

Well, you see Mike, KLei is pulling a bit of our legs - us Twitch stream "leechers" (actually everybody's legs really) - with this new drops system: is not enough to just watch/sit with browser tab open on some 160p muted stream in background; now, after the 30 minutes mark, then an additional 1h & 30 minutes, and finally after another 4h mark (6h in total) one needs to go for all 3 mentioned marks on Twitch page - Profile icon (upper-right corner, example below), click to see if Drops are at 100% progress, click on that too and open the claiming page (again, example below); finally click on "Claim Now" button if progress is complete. Thus engagement for all 3 steps. No more passive automatic delivery of goodies, as one must count all 3 mark intervals and manually/actively engage (a bit) with Twitch page. "Sneaky sneaky Kleiu!" :cat:

twitch_drop_new-model.thumb.png.44fc1f5501db95a42bf8f5589aa6e679.png

11 minutes ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

Well, you see Mike, KLei is pulling a bit of our legs - us Twitch stream "leechers" (actually everybody's legs really) - with this new drops system: is not enough to just watch/sit with browser tab open on some 160p muted stream in background; now, after the 30 minutes mark, then an additional 1h & 30 minutes, and finally after another 4h mark (6h in total) one needs to go for all 3 mentioned marks on Twitch page - Profile icon (upper-right corner, example below), click to see if Drops are at 100% progress, click on that too and open the claiming page (again, example below); finally click on "Claim Now" button if progress is complete. Thus engagement for all 3 steps. No more passive automatic delivery of goodies, as one must count all 3 mark intervals and manually/actively engage (a bit) with Twitch page. "Sneaky sneaky Kleiu!" :cat:

Nah console is just bugged at the moment, no one on PS4 can get the skins to work. They're evidently not part of the current version and need an update.

5 hours ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

Well to be honest I don't think it's that bad since you basically have to only pay attention the first 2 times,set an alarm for the 30 minute mark,also set one for the 2 hour mark , and the 6 hour one doesn't matter cause If you forget about the stream and leave it on for longer than needed you will get the drop the same,just be sure to claim it when shutting it off or whatever. I just leave the inventory tab open and refresh it when it needs to be claimed. And idk if Klei made this intentionally,maybe Twitch does this with other drop systems as well.

Archived