JoeW

NEW Streaming Drops Available Now! (The Smite'ning Rod)

Marfoo    222
Just now, SinancoTheBest said:

So, in this new era of drops only select streamers will be able to stream with drops? Or is there a system for others to get approved? Either way, I'm glad we get new drops now but would love if it was as inclusive as the previous system

Yeah, this is questionable.

• Like 2

SolDayClash    118

Wait a second? Nautical collection??? Golly I cannot wait to see a new skin for the trident! 

Edited by SolDayClash
  • Thanks 1

Marfoo    222
1 minute ago, Maxil20 said:

Notice for anyone watching for drops: once you hit 100% on a drop and are able to claim it, you must claim the drop in order to start progress on the next drop in line. It’s nothing too major, but I thought I would point it out for people that lurk for drops.

Well, that sucks.

Dr.Medic    545

wait it ends on april 8 and this saltbox skin things i like from that time around so sould we be ready for that salt box?

Mx-Pain    134

So I have claimed the first rewards from the twitch drop, but I went to play and I don´t see it yet.
Does anyone have a similar bug ?

DarkPulse91    1339

This may be the first time I actually want that portrait frame! Its SO good!!!

Cant wait to see what else comes from this collection! Its so good so far!

hannahs0lo    1

Happy to see the drops are back! This week's one so cute.

I have a question about the streamers that got the drops enabled privilege: I wasn't chosen for this one, do I need to reapply for it? When are you guys choosing new streamers? Also most of my stream time, in the last 30 days, was playing Don't starve solo (shipwrecked), did it count as hours to be chosen, or only DS together, which was admittedly much smaller?

Maxil20    1650
5 minutes ago, ZeeDragon said:

Wowie that portrait is awesome! It's certainly up there with the sorcerous portrait in my book.

Definitely one of the better ones for sure! I’m happy the artists got creative of how to make the portraits really stand out. : P

• Like 1

K.G    0

Hey

Just wandering if you(KLEI) @JoeW take new re-skin ideas from players/users? 

Edited by K_G
Tagged the poster

krtoween    216
23 minutes ago, Dragonboooorn said:

Where can I find that?

When you join a stream a notification will pop up for the drops,click on details and it should open a tab for All Campaigns and Inventory next to it,click on that to see the progress and current drop. Or just click on this link twitch.tv/drops/inventory :D

Melerickk    4

i am streaming too! I asked for the drop enabled! Hope to have it soon for my viewers

French community :D yay

Edited by Melerickk

Dragolantis    67

sorry, I saw the word "smite" and was browsing D&D memes, I didn't even realize it was a trident impaling a fish yet. I just thought of paladin SMITE!

chirsg    550
1 hour ago, Marfoo said:
1 hour ago, SinancoTheBest said:

So, in this new era of drops only select streamers will be able to stream with drops? Or is there a system for others to get approved? Either way, I'm glad we get new drops now but would love if it was as inclusive as the previous system

I don't know what to make of all this. It's because of the douchebags who just keep their streams open not playing don't starve while having don't starve drops enabled. 

They should have just been banned by the platform instead of all these hoops shutting out newer don't starve together streamers. Especially big streamers who decide to give the game a go and lose nothing for enabling drops.

On principle, I won't watch a streamer who doesn't have drops enabled. Having said that, I won't watch just any streamer with drops enabled. I won't sit around for some opinionated, foul person and would rather wait for either someone I know, someone I like or even a bigger streamer with drops enabled who genuinely is enjoying the game.

At some point, this new system should be scrapped because it punishes enterprising new streamers from attaining viewers from games with the nature of the average don't starve together viewer.

Just ban or blacklist abusers. A blacklist would actually work really well imo. Twitch clips could be used as a form of evidence to bookmark excessive inactivity or just not playing don't starve. Never let them get drops again.

I'll add that as much as I watch Glermz and Misutos, New drops usually take place when new patches do and I prefer to discover what I can in the first few hours of the game by myself and not watch and hear them doing all the hard work for me. I like to watch inexperienced players because they're too busy dying and learning the ropes for me to get secrets of a new patch given away and the list of inexperienced don't starve players will be on a note as big as a chewing gum wrapper. 

An inexperienced player will sure as manure not be putting their name down on a drops list.

Edited by chirsg
  • Like 1

hannahs0lo    1
1 hour ago, SinancoTheBest said:

I'd like to know that too, I wasn't selected, I don't even know why

BoySyrup    1971
1 minute ago, hannahs0lo said:

I'd like to know that too, I wasn't selected, I don't even know why

I think there was something about applying in the initial post of a hiatus on twitch drops? Go check that out. I think this was mostly to prevent the afk streamers and other things like that.

hannahs0lo    1
Just now, BoySyrup said:

I think there was something about applying in the initial post of a hiatus on twitch drops? Go check that out. I think this was mostly to prevent the afk streamers and other things like that.

I did that, that's why I'm kinda confused, all my friends who stream DST got accepted (one of them didn't even apply and was on the list), I must have done something wrong while applying... ):