NEW Streaming Drops Available Now! (The Smite'ning Rod)

6 hours ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

Well, you see Mike, KLei is pulling a bit of our legs - us Twitch stream "leechers" (actually everybody's legs really) - with this new drops system: is not enough to just watch/sit with browser tab open on some 160p muted stream in background; now, after the 30 minutes mark, then an additional 1h & 30 minutes, and finally after another 4h mark (6h in total) one needs to go for all 3 mentioned marks on Twitch page - Profile icon (upper-right corner, example below), click to see if Drops are at 100% progress, click on that too and open the claiming page (again, example below); finally click on "Claim Now" button if progress is complete. Thus engagement for all 3 steps. No more passive automatic delivery of goodies, as one must count all 3 mark intervals and manually/actively engage (a bit) with Twitch page. "Sneaky sneaky Kleiu!" :cat:

twitch_drop_new-model.thumb.png.44fc1f5501db95a42bf8f5589aa6e679.png

Now show me how to do this on the MOBILE version of Twitch from my iPhones Safari browser & we will be all good.

This new way of streaming/getting twitch drops sucks.. but it’s fine I have a whole bunch of Klei points I don’t even use, so I’ll just have to unfortunately wait till Klei puts the drops there instead I guess.

Edit: I should also probably mention that watching Twitch streams isn’t really my cup of Tea anyway, Klei let’s people stream these things with mods enabled, since the console game will probably never be allowed to have Mods, it’s a confusing mess of trying to guess what IS and what ISN’T actually part of the game I’m playing.

This is roughly the same reason I can’t get my friends into the game: They’re watching random twitch/YouTube videos that technically are not accurate portrayals of actual gameplay..

And at this point: there should be stricter rules on that maybe have categories for Console only or No mods enabled streams- Something that showcases what the actual GAME can do and not what mod creators Made the game do.

In fact: I’ve heavily considered streaming strictly gameplay myself at some point.

6 hours ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

Well, you see Mike, KLei is pulling a bit of our legs - us Twitch stream "leechers" (actually everybody's legs really) - with this new drops system: is not enough to just watch/sit with browser tab open on some 160p muted stream in background; now, after the 30 minutes mark, then an additional 1h & 30 minutes, and finally after another 4h mark (6h in total) one needs to go for all 3 mentioned marks on Twitch page - Profile icon (upper-right corner, example below), click to see if Drops are at 100% progress, click on that too and open the claiming page (again, example below); finally click on "Claim Now" button if progress is complete. Thus engagement for all 3 steps. No more passive automatic delivery of goodies, as one must count all 3 mark intervals and manually/actively engage (a bit) with Twitch page. "Sneaky sneaky Kleiu!" :cat:

twitch_drop_new-model.thumb.png.44fc1f5501db95a42bf8f5589aa6e679.png

Just a friendly reminder this is not KLEIs doing this is TWITCH doing this. The old Drop system was being removed 100% from Twitch so Klei had to do this. There was no decision behind it. I think what everyone is assuming is that Klei just decided they wanted to change the Drop system, however it was forced upon them because of Twitch. 

I have streamed over 4000+ hours of DST played before drops ever became a thing. If you are starting to stream DST for the first time and are left out of the drops program the best thing you can do is show Klei you want to get on that list by streaming DST. 

Not everything is handed to us anymore and working towards something feels really great when you finally get it. Another thing is this list will be changing it will not be the same list every drop which opens up the playing field to those people who always sit on the top few spots to sit for a bit while someone new comes along and gets number one. 

I agree that its a change but it was not done because Klei did it it was done because Twitch made them do it. Just like becoming an affiliate on Twitch you do not go live on Twitch and instantly get it you have to work towards it. Just like that you have to work towards that it is the same here. 

I stand on both sides of the fence because I understand people are frustrated with the same big streamers at the top but judging how the system is with new names on the list we are bound to see more people being accepted each new drop change. 

Also this is a huge new thing for Klei too they are just as new to this experience as we all are. It will take some time to figure out what is best. 

58 minutes ago, krtoween said:

Well to be honest I don't think it's that bad since you basically have to only pay attention the first 2 times,set an alarm for the 30 minute mark,also set one for the 2 hour mark , and the 6 hour one doesn't matter cause If you forget about the stream and leave it on for longer than needed you will get the drop the same,just be sure to claim it when shutting it off or whatever. I just leave the inventory tab open and refresh it when it needs to be claimed. And idk if Klei made this intentionally,maybe Twitch does this with other drop systems as well.

people just want free stuff without making any effort and complains with everything that changes that

1 hour ago, AllFunNGamez said:

Just a friendly reminder this is not KLEIs doing this is TWITCH doing this.

Gotchu. Am using Twitch only for these DST skin drops so I have no clue if system is general on said site or not. Good to know.

1 hour ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

people just want free stuff without making any effort and complains with everything that changes that

But of course, what kind of serious "leecher" am I if I have to "work for it". A joke of a "leecher", 1/5 stars, day ruined with a bottomless disappointment, not recommending at all, obvious fake "leecher" is fake! :(

15 hours ago, BeeClops said:

but how can I re-link my account if it is already linked? I see no option to un-link it. On my rewards page, it shows "successfully linked", even if I log in and out of my psn, when I do log in my account is linked and it shows that I already got the rewards on twitch, and I have already manually claimed them all.

Log in to your Klei account and click the User Info tab. There it should show what accounts are linked. If it is showing Twitch, you can delete the account there, then relink accordingly. However, this was not necessary for me when I did this, so I'm unsure if this will solve the problem. You may wish to contact Klei support before taking this measure as I'm also unsure of any other consequences of taking these steps.

On 3/25/2021 at 1:08 PM, JoeW said:

Smite'ning Rod

Current Streaming Drop

bg_back.jpgbg_swirl1.pngbg_swirl2.pnglightning_rod_nautical.pngbg_claw.pngbg_vignette.png
profileflair_lightningrodnautical.png

Smite'ning Rod Icon

30 minutes reward

playerportrait_bg_lightningrodnautical.png

Smite'ning Rod Portrait

2 hours reward

lightning_rod_nautical.png

Smite'ning Rod

6 hours reward

Hey Everybody.
Today we have added the Smite'ning Rod to the Nautical Collection available on Twitch.tv!

If you haven't set up your account for twitch drops yet, click here for directions on how to get setup.

Please check the list below to find streamers that will have drops enabled.

Reveal hidden contents

22tv__ ER_ElwaSiC Kyojitsu Sally_Nightmare1
aiai0962 eymiih ladylz salsanity19
Akamiya F_a_x_i_m LaHoraDeLaPurga SamSquanch007
AllFunNGamez facelyss lakhnish_monster savant2k19
aliencraft2020 fan_777_ Lem0ncurD selibonne
AlmostBlindGuy fantastikdiyarlar LePuFe Shaman2525
ANDERSHOOW7 Fjorvarr longshot_plays SirToastyT
AndronovaChronicles Fluffy_Elastico LostScholar SirWorran
AnteaGames Fly_Diiqqiidy lucyfitzpatrick Sisheline
ArcaneNoodle FTLAK maddie8251 SlaptainShwirv
Archimans FurryTofu MagnumofSpades Slavyaninoff
ArttFito g_retrie MariMalina smellathemella
AshanGG Ganxet8 marleemcfly songsong1849
axweel_ gk00z Marmol27_DST sorisol
bb_oao Gleenus midorima303kun SpiderLeWiki
bbonang glermz milkdrinker_ squishat
Beard777 Gmunneey Minertoast Sr_Dlusca
belune_bm gpmfogao mino2ne1 starlogy_
betough719 GrandHenks MisutoM starrystoryshark
Bibo130 Grillofernandez miyako_baba SweetTeaPudding
BinnyDiz Griver84 MizaSparrow Terry_Lee
brainfreezeblitz gutooss Moi_Sophia Thalz
breendan_hit hakowll Moka_gmr ThatGuyViral
BrownRicee HenriqueLindemann MqxLive TheCursedArmy
bruno_fariaz hju96 MrMNWorm theRETAKEREPLAY
BrunoSystemYT hoonyten mrwigwag ThiemiMaki
BulbahBulbah HoradoCrime myhidy Tiberian39
Bunaspiro hunter5267 Myko_b TiTANiAAB
Buzz_Nitro IamJohnath myoungday tonydigimon
Casador19 Idefixsio nanakoa ToxiSparK
catstar101 im_jayjay NaNdagos Toxist1
chimkiins ImminentXD nashizu Ucella
Chiripiritiflautica imortaljoeyy NeOneGame Unorthodogg
choneng2110 imStarmi NerdGuide V0ETEX
ChouTV IndeedeeSycamor Nigaito01 valen7im_
CiriNine InfamousJ0 nindivo vu84mida
cockroach0904 IsJang NitriDDa Wappo777
cubozumbi j19950609 Niverwastaken WesleyCaribe
dangrape Jakeyosaurus noragewithsage WhiteVivian
Daniibeats Jammerqueen ODesplugado wildappls
DemonRebuilt johnnydelarisa odiseoxs wizzard747_2
DeadZPanda kagekokko ONigoroshiTV wkdrlzh
diim4iik KalebGamerS oOWhimsyOo WolfnRoses_
DiNelsonX KamioSparkle8 pablopcb YakuTyan_
disl3xo KarethCrestfall Palomo_Sensei yuricahanatan7
DizzyDizaster keizoworld PenaBranca ZeroOhNo
dondabals KingAllonsy Phyrexxian zzamilain
DontStarveJazzy kkoml PoissonduJello  
DrewDuckington KnottaHooker prunus_sen  
DukeBradley Kogoruto Pyruz_  
Dun_adan KorraAndRiza qmarceline  
Dunken_Engel KraBerm Qumancio  
DUSG_ Kreintar Rhovious  
ElectronBee kristinii ringgi000  
Eleonnoree Kudanez russiann_ssanta  
ElTacoWard kyeungwoongi ryukamiya  

This campaign ends on April 8th at 10am Pacific Time. 

Sad that I can't provide drops for my viewers.. Is this only for bigger twitch channels that apply? is there a certain viewership that needs to be met? I did apply, but just wondering.. Thank you for reading this Joe if you do.. Please send me a message with an answer because I may not have time to check back on this post!!  THANK YOU again for all that you guys do for the community

7 hours ago, Casm said:

Log in to your Klei account and click the User Info tab. There it should show what accounts are linked. If it is showing Twitch, you can delete the account there, then relink accordingly. However, this was not necessary for me when I did this, so I'm unsure if this will solve the problem. You may wish to contact Klei support before taking this measure as I'm also unsure of any other consequences of taking these steps.

Thanks, it was an issue with console in general, it was fixed earlier today on ps4 and now we all got the rewards in game. But at the time i think nobody on console was able to get them.

Здраствуйте, пожалуйста не давайте мне дропсы, я не хочу, чтобы у меня сидели зрители ради них, противно и не приятно.
Спасибо
Hello, please don't give me drops, I don't want the audience to sit for them, it's disgusting and not pleasant.

С уважением fan_777_

18 hours ago, BeeClops said:

Thanks, it was an issue with console in general, it was fixed earlier today on ps4 and now we all got the rewards in game. But at the time i think nobody on console was able to get them.

Yeah these still don’t actually exist for Xbox.. 

You can see I earned em Here:

12C0F493-A71D-4032-9993-B09A21B06B76.thumb.png.2111e5d8c3548cff0bc742f6f0d775fb.png

But they don’t actually appear in game.

38 minutes ago, Bird Up said:

what determines if you don't get accepted? my friend streams dst almost exclusively and not accepted? :/

I think (don’t take my word for it cause I don’t know for certain) that Klei is manually choosing who gets to be eligible for drops PER DROP and who isn’t.

If this is the case: It would be interesting to see people like Glermz having to go without having drops available for a Drop rotation while a less frequented Streamer like your friend gets the Drops enabled that rotation.

It would certainly get more people to check out less known streamers, even IF they are really only there for the drops that week.

Plain and simply put: People need to see this game being played by a larger variety of players and skill levels, showcase gameplay in a light that’s NOT being showcased on Twitch at the moment..

Show those beginner players struggling to figure things out and dying left and right.

I watched Glermz stream yesterday & I mean no disrespect to Glermz but- I watched him kill both Ancient Guardian And FuelWeaver in a span of less than 15 minutes- This is absolutely BORING and it makes the game look absolutely boring..

Show the people like MY play through where I cleverly entered the fight with enough slurtle slime to bring its health down to a level I felt comfortable fighting it with, then hide inside Snurtle Shell armor to avoid taking AG’s charge attacks.

Show the people who still manage to make “Wet Goop” or stumble upon discovering Lunar Marsh biome for the first time EVER while streaming..

I watched 3 different streamers and they all pretty much had mega bases and were rushing bosses with a Bee Queen crown.

Show the people who run around trying to figure out how to create a base..

Give the game the viewership it deserves- I don’t want to watch the experts with 3000 day mega bases who have seen and done everything, I want to watch the kid playing DS/DST for the first time in their life.. 

I want to laugh hilariously as the encounter their first RockJaw attack and scream in shock throwing their controller in the air.

If Klei can create some on/off switch where big streamers like Glermz take the backseat while some lesser known streamer gets the spotlight for a drop run: We will see the game in a new light.

I want to see the XBOX players who have the same problems fighting with controller button prompts and mod-less worlds as I do.

Those are the streamers I’d like to watch.

3 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I think (don’t take my word for it cause I do t know for certain) that Klei is manually choosing who gets to be eligible for drops PER DROP and who isn’t.

If this is the case: It would be interesting to see people like Glermz having to go without having drops available for a Drop rotation while a less frequented Streamer like your friend gets the Drops enabled that rotation.

It would certainly get more people to check out less known streamers, even IF they are really only there for the drops that week.

Plain and simply put: People need to see this game being played by a larger variety of players and skill levels, showcase gameplay in a light that’s NOT being showcased on Twitch at the moment..

Show those beginner players struggling to figure things out and dying left and right.

I watched Glermz stream yesterday & I mean no disrespect to Glermz but- I watched him kill both Ancient Guardian And FuelWeaver in a span of less than 15 minutes- This is absolutely BORING and it makes the game look absolutely boring..

Show the people like MY play through where I cleverly entered the fight with enough slurtle slime to bring its health down to a level I felt comfortable fighting it with, then hide inside Snurtle Shell armor to avoid taking AG’s charge attacks.

Show the people who still manage to make “Wet Goop” or stumble upon discovering Lunar Marsh biome for the first time EVER while streaming..

I watched 3 different streamers and they all pretty much had mega bases and were rushing bosses with a Bee Queen crown.

Give the game the viewership it deserves- I don’t want to watch the experts with 3000 day mega bases who have seen and done everything, I want to watch the kid playing DS/DST for the first time in their life.. 

I want to laugh hilariously as the encounter their first RockJaw attack and scream in shock throwing their controller in the air.

If Klei can create some on/off switch where big streamers like Glermz take the backseat while some lesser known streamer gets the spotlight for a drop run: We will see the game in a new light.

I want to see the XBOX players who have the same problems fighting with controller button prompts and mod-less worlds as I do.

Thanks for the love dude. Appreciated :love_heart:

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

maybe that kind of player are more worried about learning the game that streaming it

maybe there is newbie streamers but they are noobs because they dont expend much time in the category so they shouldnt be choosen over the ones that are always streaming dont starve

plus, people look after a show not a random guy dying. Every gameplay of every game is made by skilled/veteran people. Noobs usually are people that makes short gameplays showcasing games but not putting any effort of making a community arround a single game so there will be no sense of selecting that kind of streamer if they wont stream dst most of the time that the drop will be avaraible

if you wanna see noobs making noobs things just make a party of random public server players

37 minutes ago, Bird Up said:

my friend plays almost exclusively dst, has hundreds of hours, but not accepted. she made lots of cool worlds i think twitch viewers like seeing. 

Is the 1st attempt with this new method. Is to try things, maybe for that joew didnt added more streamers

Also is a hand made job so they cant add an infinity amount of streamers unless they change how they select who gets it 

1 hour ago, Bird Up said:

my friend plays almost exclusively dst, has hundreds of hours, but not accepted. she made lots of cool worlds i think twitch viewers like seeing. 

i think for now only popular streamers will get attention. regular ones come later if people complain or klei runs out of popular streamers. for sure though twitch has drastically changed already. the ds category has had less than 6 streams at any given time every time i have gotten on since ds stopped being supported

What exactly was the issue with the previous system...? Every streamer who was playing DST category could have drops for their stream. Now it's pick and choose 'bigger' streamers, and small streamers don't get the access? How exactly has anyone expoited the previous system? I saw no alleged abuse, and if there was abuse it must have been pretty fringe. New system just makes small streamers have to watch bigger streamers to get drops, instead of just streaming in old system. It demotivates the small streamers because they will not feel appreciated in new system. Their viewers won't even get drops, so they have less of a reason to show up.

If someone applies to get drops enabled, they're showing they care to represent the game on twitch, and that should be enough. they're already freely advertising the game, give them the drops enabled.

9 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

I think (don’t take my word for it cause I don’t know for certain) that Klei is manually choosing who gets to be eligible for drops PER DROP and who isn’t.

You realise what you’re saying makes no sense, right? You want small streamers to get noticed but also said you’re watching Glermz despite finding him “boring”.

Just because you have a personal preference of watching those with no experience play the game doesn’t mean everybody else shares that same preference. Clearly, a lot of people like to watch an experienced player create unique and beautiful looking megabases and it’s also great that they get to receive drops at the same time.

What you need to remember is that streamers such as Glermz work with and support Klei on a daily basis and have done for many years. Why exactly doesn’t he deserve to be eligible for drops? I get you want small streamers to be more appreciated, I think we all do, but coming after the “larger” streamers and how they make their content isn’t exactly the right way to go about it and just looks salty IMO. Please remember that bigger streamers work hard too and usually spend years building up their viewers and subscribers to get to where they are today and completely deserve their success.

Have a great day!

I for one enjoy new starts and challenges and seeing us try to battle bosses or enemies while things get thrown at us by viewers in chat. I can honestly say everyone has their own view on DST and what they want to watch. 

Even if Klei started picking and choosing new players for drops and removing those who are normally on top you would still have those people who are not looking for this sort of content and prefer watching Megabase or a pro player. 

I think overall you would be continuously battling either end of the situation. Overall the best solution for this is just trusting Joe or whoever is managing the drop system to choose new people each 2 weeks to allow for fresh faces. But this does not mean take away Glermz from the list only because he chooses to play his game style. 

I think if people really want to see their type of game play and want the drops why not have the drop stream on and muted and jump over to another streamer who is just starting out. I also want to make sure people know you can still get the drop when the stream is muted. I am unsure who started the rumor that you cannot mute the stream for a drop but I can confirm it works unless I am special or something.

I think DST offers a range of options for gameplay and the amount of times people bash me for using mods in DST there is no reason for it. Choosing who is on the list based on their gameplay is not what it should be, but rather if they are obeying the simple rules that Klei put in place. Have fun, Do not Abuse the System, and stick to the TOS on Twitch. 

If you are not on the list do not take it as you are not noticed by Klei take it as you are not on the list YET but keep up the great work you do and sooner or later you will be chosen for that weeks drop. 

15 hours ago, Bird Up said:

What exactly was the issue with the previous system...? Every streamer who was playing DST category could have drops for their stream. Now it's pick and choose 'bigger' streamers, and small streamers don't get the access? How exactly has anyone expoited the previous system? I saw no alleged abuse, and if there was abuse it must have been pretty fringe. New system just makes small streamers have to watch bigger streamers to get drops, instead of just streaming in old system. It demotivates the small streamers because they will not feel appreciated in new system. Their viewers won't even get drops, so they have less of a reason to show up.

If someone applies to get drops enabled, they're showing they care to represent the game on twitch, and that should be enough. they're already freely advertising the game, give them the drops enabled.

nothing was wrong, its just that twitch changed and klei had to adapt

Archived