NEW Streaming Drops Available Now! (The Smite'ning Rod)

15 hours ago, J9fire said:

I've been watching Twitch streamers that say drops are enabled for several days, and everything looks like my Klei account and Twitch account are connected properly, but I still do not see the drops in my Don't Starve Together game. Help!

You now must claim them. I'm not sure if it is a twitch thing or something related to how dst itself configured stuff, but you now have to open your twitch inventory and claim each reward. The timer wont countdown to the next rewards unless you claimed the previous: meaning you must claim the icon before the timer even begins on the portrait

The drop campaigns will last 2 weeks and then will come back at a later time. We will no longer be running continuous drop campaigns. There will be a cool down period and we will announce when the next campaign will start a few days before it goes live. Probably in another 2 weeks or so. 

@JoeW

Will we need to re-apply to get drops again? 

Will the drop we just finished continue? It they need to be monthly drops again thats fine. Its just a bummer if someone didn't get during the time allowed then has to wait 2 weeks for the next one. 

I know this is disappointing for a lot of people but I do still want to say thank you for providing drops and skins. 

14 minutes ago, JoeW said:

The drop campaigns will last 2 weeks and then will come back at a later time. We will no longer be running continuous drop campaigns. There will be a cool down period and we will announce when the next campaign will start a few days before it goes live. Probably in another 2 weeks or so. 

The cool down is set by Twitch or is it on Klei side ?

Thank you Klei for a fantastic drops campaign and all the work you do! I had a ton of fun and met a lot of new people. Including some new streamers I discovered through the list. Can't wait for the next one. :wilson_love:

Also it was stated in the original post that the new drops system will also include adding it to the rewards page sometime after the campaign for people who do not watch streams or missed out.

Esteemed Klei officials and employees; I condemn you in essef. I think that the announcement he made was not fair, let alone being made too late. Considering that suspending your drop system, which is one of the most effective factors for people to play your game, will significantly reduce the popularity of your player and broadcast team, and people will not make a sound for a while due to their respect for you, you will be under serious pressure by your player and publisher audience in the long term.

dear klei employees, your statement may have relieved your employees, but you may lose in many players and publishers, big game production companies like you should try to improve their games, but this statement gives you a negative image. @JoeW

13 minutes ago, jarkar123 said:

dear klei employees, your statement may have relieved your employees, but you may lose in many players and publishers, big game production companies like you should try to improve their games, but this statement gives you a negative image. @JoeW

Is this some kind of meme? Honestly hoping so

My apologies for the confusion here. It's entirely my fault.

Previously I had said that the campaign "would only last 2 weeks" which was meant to mean "2 weeks, and not continuously" and I did not that get across correctly. I'm sorry for that. 

But to be clear - Everything we are doing right now with drops is still technically in an experimental phase. Next set of drops will likely work a bit different with who will be doing those drops. I need time to process this last 2 weeks of drops and adjust and we're working on that now. 

46 minutes ago, LadyPyramidHead said:

Somehow I only got the icon? On Twitch it kept saying there was an error for me :( Was I supposed to select "claim" every couple hours?

Yeah, each drop needed to be claimed before you could earn the next one since that's how the new Twitch APi works.

For the future drops, it might be best to have that info listed so people know to do this :love_heart:

17 minutes ago, JoeW said:

My apologies for the confusion here. It's entirely my fault.

Previously I had said that the campaign "would only last 2 weeks" which was meant to mean "2 weeks, and not continuously" and I did not that get across correctly. I'm sorry for that. 

But to be clear - Everything we are doing right now with drops is still technically in an experimental phase. Next set of drops will likely work a bit different with who will be doing those drops. I need time to process this last 2 weeks of drops and adjust and we're working on that now. 

This is a more convincing explanation. Thanks for your interest. Do you need to reapply for Drops?

Thanks for the clarification about the twitch drops, take as long as you guys need to I don’t mind the wait, in The meantime-I just got an Xbox update for DST..

Edit: Nevermind Joe I found the patch notes myself, sorry.

Archived