NEW Streaming Drops Available Now! (The Smite'ning Rod)

Am I the only one confused at why people are getting angry? These drops are free everyone please understand this takes time and effort for a company to pay hours to create and publish drops. 

Getting mad at a dev over something that you must have that is free to you is not the right choice here. Instead let them get used to the new system just like we are. 

You know what happens to companies who feel pressured and hear constant complaints they stop the programs especially if it's not making them any money. Instead of complaining about something that is absolutely free say thank you and move on before it gets ruined or worse removed. 

If someone hands you a free stick of gum don't complain about it take it or don't take it.its free. 

TLDR 

It's a free item be happy about it. There are worse things to complain about. 

1 hour ago, GelatinousCube said:

Wait seriously no drops or update today? Well that's super lame..

Thought the new drop system was good till now, now I hate it ha

There's always "next week". I also thought the Nautical collection will have consecutive drops - when one ends, another begins. Aka after Nautical Smite'ning Rod drop rolled 2 weeks, beginning with March 25, new Nautical Seashells Salt Box skin (added to game files by Wes's update) would roll for another 2 weeks, beginning with April 8. That's not the case it seems. And is ok. Now there's more credence to the fact new "Return of Them" Beta will be rolled out somewhere between mid-to-end of April (hopefully), most likely date coinciding with said new Nautical Seashells Salt Box rolling out as well - presumably they need more time working on Beta update, and perhaps that's the reason Twitch drops aren't consecutive at the time. Or perhaps not. We'll see.

28 minutes ago, AllFunNGamez said:

These drops are free everyone please understand this takes time and effort for a company to pay hours to create and publish drops. 

We do not have any other ways to get those skins before. It means they are more rare then other skins that you could pay. Many friends I know want to buy it directly instead of watching the stream. KLei points is an improvement now.

5 hours ago, JoeW said:

My apologies for the confusion here. It's entirely my fault.

Previously I had said that the campaign "would only last 2 weeks" which was meant to mean "2 weeks, and not continuously" and I did not that get across correctly. I'm sorry for that. 

But to be clear - Everything we are doing right now with drops is still technically in an experimental phase. Next set of drops will likely work a bit different with who will be doing those drops. I need time to process this last 2 weeks of drops and adjust and we're working on that now. 

It's our, community and streamers, fault too. Our expectations deceived us. Thank you for this statement and keep up the good work. :wilson_vforvictory:

Thank you JoeW for the update. I would like to thank you and Klei for the great opportunities that the last drop cycle presented to me. I was very honoured to participate. I am very much in love with this game and I am more than hyped for the next content drop because it sure sounds like hot stuff.

And I also have to say I am shocked at the new level of toxicity we have reached here in some of the earlier statements. I don't know what to think of the fact that these accounts were apparently made for the attacks.

Keep it up you guys... and we are gonna get nothing but salt box skin from now on. Yes you heard that right, I cracked the code. After a certain number of salty posts we reach here on the forums Klei always decides to give us a new Salt Box skin. That's why we got so many recently 

Notice how most of those super negative comments are coming in quick succession, from accounts that never wrote a comment before? Along with their apologies after the explanation. Just saying.

Anyway, as much as I was looking forward to the new drop yesterday, I can see how it was never promised that there would always be an active drop. Looking forward to the next one!

Guys, stop pointing negative, you are given free skins just for watching streams,this is a normal drop drop mechanic, almost all games have such mechanics.You should support the developers and not hayat because you were not given a new drop.Thank you so much Joew for these two weeks, I hope it will only get better in the future!:love_heart:

Its awesome to see that the toxicity comes from those who only watch twitch for drops and somehow they forgot that the drops used to be once per month being the difference now that they only active for two weeks. From joeW statements they will rotate in the same period of time as the previous collection.

9 hours ago, LadyPyramidHead said:

Somehow I only got the icon? On Twitch it kept saying there was an error for me :( Was I supposed to select "claim" every couple hours?

Yes. Now you have to claim rewards to be able to get next one.

It's so funny to see that people think the game is ruined just because of the Drops.
The lack of drops does not spoil the game, this is just a bonus that can be obtained quite easily. And they put a lot of work into their creation, be patient.
Thanks for your efforts! :wilson_love:

Thank you Klei for all of the amazing updates that you continue to pour into my favorite game. I am constantly amazed with how much of this content you provide completely for free, and I never take your time and efforts for granted. Such a rare thing to get this continued support for a game from a game developer. I will continue to stream DST on Twitch for all those who enjoy the streams and look forward to earning the next drop whenever it's ready!

@JoeW Thanks Joe, we are a very strong community and most of us understand the large amount of effort you have put into moving drops, changing drops and making the system work better and right for everyone. 

The only feedback I would like to add is similar to what @ladylz had said. Can we have an area for people to watch some streams or even the Klei stream to still get the drops. I have seen multiple post from multiple users that the following happened: Error on twitch, unable to claim 2 or 3rd at any time. new system was confusing for some. Myself and others did our best to explain in each stream how the system works and that you had to claim them after you got the 1st one. I would just ask that you provide a way for those to get them until the next one is out. This way you will have continued viewership over the whole time.

If you offer for 2 weeks and then not for 2 weeks you will see a dip in the community because if someone missed one or all of them they will be disinterested and wait for the next set of drops. 

I am also asking because I am on Console and I have only a few options to get drops for console and steam. 

1. I can get them on one system unlink then re link my account to my steam account then get them again thats 12 hours

2. I can make a second account and use a secondary device to get them thats 6 hours if I am in the streams and paying attention. 

The 1st option is the honest option but I will say after trying it I had to reset all the passcodes and was just a pain to get done. The second option is inflating the numbers and I don't even know if you're ok with it. 

I know the why behind why I cant get drops on both a company lets just call them _ONY probably missing a letter there or something. I know they want all the $$$$ for skins. I am not afraid to say it i have been playing DST since it came out and I love supporting you its a game i truly love. I have spent over $200 on skins. I have spent countless hours playing your games. They have gotten me the much needed selfcare from my work. I just would like to slowly start building my skins on Steam because I will want them when I start playing on there. 

I am giving you more information than you need but I want you to know it because the community loves your drops you can see with the amount of disappointment some have when they are gone. Also I share because I want to be honest and see if you have a better solution for someone like me. If I had the ability to link both accounts and get them on both I would be more than willing to use one account to get drops even if it took me 12 hours. Because I want them. 

Again thank you for all that you do I know you have so much to do and have so much work ahead of you. This community is the reason I will never leave. Also your game is pretty amazing. Have a great day and good luck. Thank you for providing more specifics. 

8 hours ago, marioespinho said:

Klei could literally end the drops and i would still be grateful for the amazing game we have to play, as well as all the support we got over all this time.

It's amazing how people can whine and cry over something that is given for free. :wilson_hurt:

I think it’s the Base designs people whine about, People tune in to these twitch streams not to watch or support any one individual streamer... but to earn skins for their game, skins that help them to better customize the appearance of their belongings, structures, characters etc..

Klei obviously knows most people only tune in for the free skin drops- Otherwise we would only be allowed to watch one streamer rather than watching multiple over the 6 hours required.

Me personally: I wouldn’t mind paying for the skins I want & skipping the twitch system altogether.

But: You can’t argue with free content for minimal effort, And- If you want the skins before they’re put on Klei rewards or whatever this is the way you must get them early.

If Klei removed the Twitch drops completely: They would just release these skins in a different way- Paid bundles, Rewards page, bundle them with Klei Store item purchases etc.. 

I enjoy the customization to my worlds that the twitch drops bring, without a combination of twitch drops & purchased skin sets my worlds wouldn’t be nowhere near as fun.

And believe it or not: Some people actually do like skins- pretty sure that’s the ENTIRE REASON Beefalo customization remained in the game after its respective event ended.

28 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I think it’s the Base designs people whine about, People tune in to these twitch streams not to watch or support any one individual streamer... but to earn skins for their game, skins that help them to better customize the appearance of their belongings, structures, characters etc..

Klei obviously knows most people only tune in for the free skin drops- Otherwise we would only be allowed to watch one streamer rather than watching multiple over the 6 hours required.

Me personally: I wouldn’t mind paying for the skins I want & skipping the twitch system altogether.

But: You can’t argue with free content for minimal effort, And- If you want the skins before they’re put on Klei rewards or whatever this is the way you must get them early.

If Klei removed the Twitch drops completely: They would just release these skins in a different way- Paid bundles, Rewards page, bundle them with Klei Store item purchases etc.. 

I enjoy the customization to my worlds that the twitch drops bring, without a combination of twitch drops & purchased skin sets my worlds wouldn’t be nowhere near as fun.

And believe it or not: Some people actually do like skins- pretty sure that’s the ENTIRE REASON Beefalo customization remained in the game after its respective event ended.

It's literally free stuff. Most games out there either charge or don't even give anything at all. And sometimes for games far less valuable than this one.

It's this annoying "entitlement culture" we have now. The whole "i want it free and i want it yesterday because i deserve it, since i play this game". People who ignore the amount of effort in providing constant, free updates to an already amazing game, just because they didn't get another free item fast enough.

Thankfully, most of us can see past all the tencent whining, and enjoy the great product we have.

Like i said before. Drops, and even new updates, could end right now, and i would still hold this game as one of the most valuable games i own, as well as KLEI one of the best companies at the moment.

well 2 thing 1 are not the new drops souposed to be there now? or 2 i missed something that we do 1 free week?

11 hours ago, dan_7298 said:

Normal comments, anyone? I kind of want to see some normal comments lol

hello this is a normal comment

Archived