NEW Streaming Drops Available Now! (The Smite'ning Rod)

8 hours ago, moreirazuka said:

so go wach them, there is small streamers with drop, i will never understand why ppl hate on a streamer and keep watching him!

I think your missing my point, I’m not hating on Glermz at all I enjoyed being on his stream and talking in chat with him, what I’m hating on is: Watching him kill enemies in a matter of seconds that took me well over 40 minutes to kill.. or Watching other Twitch Streamers who aren’t Glermz- All follow the same “Meta” Strategy Walking Canes, Bee Queen Crowns, Perogi etc.

It makes the “Game” not the “Streamer” look Boring- I own DS and both DST so I know personally how fun they can be, But think of it like your someone curious of what DS/DST even is.. You’ll see people running around with End-Game Items, killing End Game Bosses in Seconds- When what you NEED to see is the players still struggling to make wet goop, still not knowing how to properly manage their Sanity so Wavey Jones spawns on their boat, screws with its structures and crashes them into a Seastack.

The game is full of content and experiences that out of the Streamers I have watched so far: Just clearly isn’t being shown on Twitch.

Instead what I’m seeing are features that actually aren’t in the game at all- like Geometric placement & the ability to Zoom in and Out on the screen.

Glermz streams are a heck of a lot more tolerable than others who’s names I won’t mention.. I’m certainly not hating on him, the dude has earned the respect and viewership he has: All I meant to say was if Glermz had to go a drop rotation with drops disabled, then less watched streamers will get his viewers for one drop rotation while he is not eligible that week.

Alternating in and out between who gets approved and who doesn’t showcasing not just one players gameplay: But rather everyone playing DST 

I certainly don’t think Glermz would mind sitting a drop rotation out so less frequented or maybe even new streamers can have drops enabled for a week.

Of course Klei would have to monitor that and punish people who disobey the rules of streaming (no idle streams) or something but you guys get the idea.

I got nothing but respects for Glermz, he’s a cool dude.. but that said- If Glermz had to go without drops enabled then less known streamers like JohnnyNoShowJones (not a real person..) would get his viewers for a limited time only while Drops are available for him but not Glermz.

Now rather or not Klei actually HAS drops set up like this approving who is eligible and ineligible per week has yet to be seen.

Also the drops aren’t showing up on my Xbox or Klei Inventory, even though Twitch shows I’ve earned them- Maybe it’s bugged? *shrugs*

I don't think klei would ever leave their biggest streamers out of a drop rotation. The best solution isn't choosing who to exclude or not to exclude, it's accepting all those who applied to stream their game. Not responding to, or not accepting applications from small streamers tells me that the new system is just a blow to small streamers while big streamers are no different or actually even better than before. Big streamers should not have it worse, it should just be a level playing field for all streamers.

5 hours ago, Dragonboooorn said:

Sup, people. How can I get drops from twitch via phone? I used PC but now i sadly cant. I was trying to find drops option on phone but i didnt find it... How can I see my progress and claim rewards?

Hey dragon try going to your twitch Inventory on your phone see if you are able to claim it from there. 

Klei. Been watching some streamers pretty religiously with drops enabled and an apparently linked account but with the first twitch drop since you guys came back I have not gotten any rewards even with about 9 hours+ of watching. Any advice? Never had a problem before you guys stopped the drops for a little bit.

4 hours ago, livingsacrifice said:

Why don't yall ever say what the drop reskins??

You can usually tell from the name, the shape, or by checking your inventory in game after receiving it. Barring that you can usually find it somewhere in the thread :)

1 hour ago, Tulliuar said:

Klei. Been watching some streamers pretty religiously with drops enabled and an apparently linked account but with the first twitch drop since you guys came back I have not gotten any rewards even with about 9 hours+ of watching. Any advice? Never had a problem before you guys stopped the drops for a little bit.

Have you checked your Twitch inventory? You have to claim it there each time you hit a threshold

https://www.twitch.tv/drops/inventory

On 3/25/2021 at 6:49 PM, krtoween said:

Thank you so much! And I'm so grateful for the progress bar,means a ton! <3

image.png

How can I check how much time left to gather the drop?

6 hours ago, LikeATulip said:

Drops stopped working on my account and I don't know why. I've gotten some in the past, but now I can't get them. Help me!

I have the same problem... :(

I've watched a couple of DST streams for longer than six hours and have not received a single drop.  (These being streams that claim they awarded drops).

I tried to unlink my Twitch account with Klei and it states "Method not Allowed".  Can I get a dev to investigate?

Nevermind, I had to go "claim" the rewards.  That's a bit awkward of a process, but I'll keep watching and verifying it works.  I didn't get credit for the entire duration, but at least I see that it is...working.

Hello,

How i can nominate the streamer to get a companion?!
Just giving drops to couple amount of streamers its weird and for example my friend
he living in DST had around 10k hours when every drops coming  he streaming with his whole family 2-3 week non stop streams.
And when you cut the drops my friend got depressed and havent streamed for like months...
Why im texting you that its hard to watch my friend sad because he knows badly english but he is top 1 RU community DST!
Please check his account on twitch <3 
With great respect ,Grim

P.s.
Streaming only DST
50k followers https://www.twitch.tv/mocbka34 
when drops on around 3-8k ppl watching
when drops non from 1k to 3k

On 3/30/2021 at 11:04 PM, Tulliuar said:

You need to manually accept every drop (this was implemented to prevent people AFK watching for 6 hours). Check your twitch notifications, you'll see them there.

On 3/29/2021 at 2:10 PM, Mike23Ua said:

Glermz streams are a heck of a lot more tolerable than others who’s names I won’t mention.. I’m certainly not hating on him, the dude has earned the respect and viewership he has: All I meant to say was if Glermz had to go a drop rotation with drops disabled, then less watched streamers will get his viewers for one drop rotation while he is not eligible that week.

You want less watched streamers to get viewers but choose to watch one of the biggest streamers? Make it make sense. Maybe Glermz isn't the problem but who you are choosing to watch. Glermz has worked his butt off to get to where he is, if he has drops it's because he's earned them. If you find his gameplay boring go watch someone else. It's like complaining about what's on the tv when the remote is in your hand.

Not to mention that a majority of the bigger streamers including myself have been raiding and supporting smaller streamers. It's what makes the dst community so great. I know it'll actually take some effort but there is a whole list of names you can go through to find what you're looking for. You can't want smaller streamers to be shown love and support and then not do it yourself. That's not how it works.

1 hour ago, marioespinho said:

Question: Does Glermz have drops? I got mine from a small list that Twitch had on the drops page, so i assumed he didn't had them on his channel. Same for a few other dst streamers i usually watch.

Anyone on the list given by Joe has them enabled. Just gotta check your twitch Inventory to claim it. 

On 4/3/2021 at 7:23 AM, GrimRipo said:

Why im texting you that its hard to watch my friend sad because he knows badly english but he is top 1 RU community DST!

Please, stop that kind of falsification. That is a well-known story and no reason to post such sorrowful words in public. He never was a part of the DST russian community. Moreover, he even doesn't know of its existence or representatives (as doesn't care of his own viewers), spreading wrong or unconfirmed information about updates, mechanics, events and other game related things. He is being TOP1 only because of questionable numbers on Twitch viewers, nothing else is confirming that status. And I am totally bored and tired of hearing all those complaints. We are hard working on the game promotion, bringing together as many communities and parts as can not for the that kind leeches, who streamed the same game 24/7 for the last 3 years and needed to ask how to correctly write developers name or showed fandom page as an official source of information.

With that number of followers and viewers he can go in whatever category and still be in the highest positions. No reason to grab into the game, where you can't provide any content even with 8+k hours of playing. 

Really sorry for being so rude but seems like it becomes a never ending drama, where no one from us wants to participate anymore.
Sincerely, real russian DST community member. 

UPD need to clarify. All examples are not my imagination but directly taken from the last Drops-on stream and could be provided via personal sharing due to VOD deletion. Other of them, also Klei and Glermz prosecution could be found from the mentioned link in last stream VOD or in case of another deletion in the same private way. So, I please you and other people to stop blind protection and start with material investigation, that's not so hard to do

Hello,

How i can nominate the streamer to get a companion?!
Just giving drops to couple amount of streamers its weird and for example my friend
he living in DST had around 10k hours when every drops coming  he streaming with his whole family 2-3 week non stop streams.
And when you cut the drops my friend got depressed and havent streamed for like months...
Please check his account on twitch <3 
With great respect ,Grim

P.s.
Streaming only DST

Where does the desire to help this streamer come from?
Again the story about the fact that the Klei company holds a grudge against him and did not give him drops?
Where does the information about the number of its viewers come from? I see lies in your words.

Hello,

I've been watching streamers that are on the list for definetly more than 6 hours, and I havent even got the 30 min reward. I never had this issue before, I always got the previous rewards. Anyone else has this issue? What might be the fix for this?

Thank you in advance!

24 minutes ago, Deldax said:

I've been watching streamers that are on the list for definetly more than 6 hours, and I havent even got the 30 min reward. I never had this issue before, I always got the previous rewards. Anyone else has this issue? What might be the fix for this?

have you claimed it on twitch? if not then you just need to go to profile-->drops-->(where the dst drops are)--> refresh page if there is nothing or it said you havent watched for 30 mins --> claim and repeat for next 2 drops

i think this sistem is meant to be so you have to at least pay a little bit of attention to the stream

I've been watching Twitch streamers that say drops are enabled for several days, and everything looks like my Klei account and Twitch account are connected properly, but I still do not see the drops in my Don't Starve Together game. Help!

Archived