[Game Update] - (BETA) 452698

• Developer
15 minutes ago, QuartzBeam said:

It seems this only works for chopping, mining, hammering, etc. And it only works for 1 object at a time.

So it's basically just an alternative to constant clicking.

Sooo Action Queue is still necessary.

There is a bug that is preventing it from working exaclty as intended at the moment, it still won't replace action queue though.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, zarklord_klei said:
  • Griefer Spawn Protection. When a player spawns in, if there are too many structures near the spawn point or if there are hostile creatures, the player will gain a temporary buff that allows them to walk through structures and prevents them from being targeted.
  • Drop Items on Despawn. Sets whether a player will drop only irreplaceable items or drop all their items when they leave the server.

As someone who not only pushed hard for a beta of this anti-grief feature, and a critic of anti-grief effectiveness in general... This sounds about as solid as mortar. Though, it's only a matter of time until someone breaks it. Of course, I haven't actually touched the system yet, but I have to commend Klei for doing a good job, as I haven't thought of a loophole yet.

Nice job, but don't celebrate too hard okay guys?

• Big Ups 3

21 minutes ago, Mantas said:

Pigs in caves? o-O
image.thumb.png.c48131d09d197272458daade6df331c7.png

Notice that's the World Settings, not the World Generation.

This option affects the spawn rates in pig houses, it doesn't actually generate them in the world.(Same goes for Bunnyman in Forest)

Edited by Hornete
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, I Heart Popcorn said:

No you would need to issue a console command.  e.g. TheWorld.topology.overrides.disease_delay = "none"

I see, so is there no way to kinda "reload" the world options from a lua file without having to manually type in the command for each one?

4 minutes ago, GelatinousCube said:

add more Hound Mounds and Tall Bird nests to my world.

That you cannot do.

You can only change World Settings post-generation, AKA things that do not affect world gen. Since Wildfires do not affect world gen, they can be toggled on and off at will. But Hound Mounds and the like are something that only affects world gen and would not have an effect on an already generated world.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, QuartzBeam said:

That you cannot do.

You can only change World Settings post-generation, AKA things that do not affect world gen. Since Wildfires do not affect world gen, they can be toggled on and off at will. But Hound Mounds and the like are something that only affects world gen and would not have an effect on an already generated world.

Gotcha world settings can be changed at any point but not generation which includes mob spawners etc.

Still very cool that settings at least (and it looks like there are plenty of new ones) can be changed after generation.

Can someone please post a screenshot of all the world settings that can be changed? Would love a look. Looks like you can set hostile creatures to different settings in world gen, does that just make existing dens/areas contain more of these creatures? So I guess you could add more clockworks say to your ruins??

Edited by GelatinousCube
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, GelatinousCube said:

Gotcha world settings can be changed at any point but not generation which includes mob spawners etc.

Still very cool that settings at least (and it looks like there are plenty of new ones) can be changed after generation.

Can someone please post a screenshot of all the world settings that can be changed? Would love a look. Looks like you can set hostile creatures to different settings in world gen, does that just make existing dens/areas contain more of these creatures? So I guess you could add more clockworks say to your ruins??

Uhm... I don’t think console players are going to get all this- I mean we NEVER had the more or lots more options everything caps at default or less, Our systems just aren’t capable of handling it

(though I’m 99.9% certain our systems would run it better then a ancient laptop)

Im not getting my hopes up for ANYTHING shown off during this Beta, because I know Console players aren’t getting all the bells & whistles shown in these photos.

Though Klei probably SHOULD run a beta phase for console- I doubt they’ll be able to.

Edited by Mike23Ua

3 hours ago, gaymime said:

his whole shtick is he doesnt like things. don't worry about it~

You 've failed to read why i don't like the new feature. I don't dismiss it for no reason. I don't have time to play the patch at leisure any time i want so i will express concerns.

If you scroll up on page 2, you will find an image accompanied by my explanation of my concerns over "anti griefing"

I don't have a "schtick"

You're extremely rude to suggest that.

You 've failed to read why i don't like the new feature. I don't dismiss it for no reason. I don't have time to play the patch at leisure any time i want so i will express concerns.

If you scroll up on page 2, you will find an image accompanied by my explanation of my concerns over "anti griefing"

I don't have a "schtick"

I don't have a "schtick"

I don't have a "schtick"

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, chirsg said:

want this setting to be toggled. Dully applied if the world is retrofitted.

This is literally an option that you can do the moment you launch the beta, in any world...
image.png.56c4143bfcf43851cd1f1c6af13d915d.png

(for reference, the options are "none", "auto detect", and "always")

• Like 9
  • Big Ups 1

2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Uhm... I don’t think console players are going to get all this- I mean we NEVER had the more or lots more options everything caps at default or less, Our systems just aren’t capable of handling it

(though I’m 99.9% certain our systems would run it better then a ancient laptop)

Im not getting my hopes up for ANYTHING shown off during this Beta, because I know Console players aren’t getting all the bells & whistles shown in these photos.

Though Klei probably SHOULD run a beta phase for console- I doubt they’ll be able to.

We should really be getting the vast majority of this update.. it'll be pretty sad if PC get a huge update that completely changes the game and we get some minor changes. Surely we will at least have the ability to change world settings on existing worlds (stuff like fixing any boss spawns you messed up, turning off wildfires, changing the various levels of regrowth for different flora and hopefully being able to change spawn timers on various mobs) but hopefully we will get more than that. Really hoping console players don't get shafted...

So far I want to be able to change Deerclops to lots (which you can do on console) because I made my long term world so long ago and put Deerclops to less which I want to change. I want to turn Wildfires off because they suck. I want to change the petrification rate and I want to change various regrowth settings. I also want to change Hunt Surprises because I also have that set to low (another silly mistake from me being cautious back in the day). I also might want to turn Worm Waves to low as I have them off currently as well as I used to just despise them. All of these seem doable as they should all be in World Settings and not World Generation and we are apparently going to be able to change World Settings in existing worlds. Changing how fast raid bosses respawn would also be nice so I can kill BQ and DF more often. =====

If I can at least do all the above I will be very happy. From what I have read and watched on streams I should at least be able to do all of that on console surely. Anything else will be icing on top.

Edited by GelatinousCube

19 minutes ago, GelatinousCube said:

-Snip-

Maybe... but I’m more interested in why the Developers are labeling things as “Not-a-Pause pause.”

Its almost as if they’re trying to hint at something... but yeah I’m not gonna get my hopes up. :wilson_dorky:

Edited by Mike23Ua

7 hours ago, zarklord_klei said:

Drop Items on Despawn. Sets whether a player will drop only irreplaceable items or drop all their items when they leave the server.

Maybe an option for disconnecting players could be useful, where they can choose if the want to leave permanently (dropping all items) or if they want to come back. Like "Leave world" and "Taking a break".

• Like 2