[Game Update] - (BETA) 452698

image.png.37ca341e3f1356a5c1ee00583b540c69.png

I have an immigration zone in my 7000+ day world nearing 8000 days very shortly. I have walls of endtables to ensure that new players won't be able to leave until I give them permission in order to protect everything I have made.

New griefer spawn protection shoots that to feces. 

So far, this system I have works for me. If a player doesn't like it, they leave. If a player is curious about my 7000 days, they ask to be freed. 

I want this setting to be toggled. Dully applied if the world is retrofitted.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

8 hours ago, zarklord_klei said:

• Setting world generation options to “More” will no longer generate more of that object in every biome, it will now only generate more of that object in biomes where that object already exists.
  • World settings can now be changed after a world has been generated.

Bug Fixes

• Ice now floats

Some long-overdo aspects, welcomed finally into implementation.

8 hours ago, zarklord_klei said:

• Griefer Spawn Protection. When a player spawns in, if there are too many structures near the spawn point or if there are hostile creatures, the player will gain a temporary buff that allows them to walk through structures and prevents them from being targeted.
    • Drop Items on Despawn. Sets whether a player will drop only irreplaceable items or drop all their items when they leave the server.

Will be interesting how that precise way of "griefer spawn protection" will actually work. Being invincible/going through structures/invisible to creatures seems weird at first glance. We'll see how it actually feels/looks.

As for dropping valuable items after leaving server.. that's quite a "Yikes!". I see already people starting kick votes to take others' items. More so, I for one don't comprehend the need for such option, to drop items from inventory. Is a very particular way of griefing that can be easily reverted via roll-back. Seems to cause more problems than solve.

PS: if dropping all inventory items when people leave servers will be default... will really be a "joy" for players with bad connectivity that fall from pubs quite often. Once more: arising problems where previously were none.

Regarding Resource Regrowth, more precisely Evergreens and Mushtrees - has this very silly bug finally been fixed: Trees set on "few" = vegetation overgrown?! Aka:

EVERGREEN_REGROWTH = {
            OFFSPRING_TIME = total_day_time * 5,
            DESOLATION_RESPAWN_TIME = total_day_time * 50,
            DEAD_DECAY_TIME = total_day_time * 30,
        },

EVERGREEN_SPARSE_REGROWTH = {
            OFFSPRING_TIME = total_day_time * 8,
        },

TWIGGY_TREE_REGROWTH = {
            OFFSPRING_TIME = total_day_time * 8,
        },

DECIDUOUS_REGROWTH = {
            OFFSPRING_TIME = total_day_time * 3,
        },

MUSHTREE_REGROWTH = {
            OFFSPRING_TIME = total_day_time * 3,
        },

REGROWTH_TIME_MULTIPLIER = 1,

veryslow = { REGROWTH_TIME_MULTIPLIER = .15 },
            slow     = { REGROWTH_TIME_MULTIPLIER = .33 },
            default  = { REGROWTH_TIME_MULTIPLIER = 1 },
            fast     = { REGROWTH_TIME_MULTIPLIER = 3 },
            veryfast = { REGROWTH_TIME_MULTIPLIER = 7 },

Edited by x0-VERSUS-1y
*le PS
  • Like 3

44 minutes ago, zarklord_klei said:
  • All actions can be repeated by clicking and holding the action button.

Could someone walk me through this? I am attempting to plant trees, place walls, and pick items with this feature but it doesn't appear to be working for me. Do you click the actual "Action" button (Space by default) or the mouse-click that would normally perform the action (ie. left-click for pick)?

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, zarklord_klei said:
  • Setting world generation options to “More” will no longer generate more of that object in every biome, it will now only generate more of that object in biomes where that object already exists.

I was missing that correctly working "more" feature so long. Thanks for doing so amazing stuff! Awesome update, waiting for release. Klei is super!

• Like 4

There's a few things to consider that I've suggested and some things I've just thought on suggesting, so... hear me out:

-Can we have changes to how many shells we get from slurtles or reduced costs for shell beach turf? Too expensive for little turf. Or just give more turfs for that amount.

-As well as maybe reduce succulent cost for pots... or make it more renewable?

-Make sea creatures wet in the sea naturally.

-Recipe for Fish Food.

-Craftable Roomba sweeper boy dens? Or just increase the overall amount of thule they produce if they'll be limited. They barely give anything of value and are very ignored content from the Archive update. At least put that to consideration, cause it's more of a waste of time when there's only two dens and you can just reset ruins by going there than going super deep into Archive just for Thulecite crumbs xD

-Indestructable cat dens? Or at least being able to restore them back to what they were if they get destroyed. Cat tails are a very limited and easy to get extinct sort of resource that is sad to see gone for good.

-Chilled amulet needing a buff, preferably it would either have stronger freeze force when you get hit, or just more durability when you get hit. Either or -- it should be a strong tool to deal with enemy swarms and freezing them, preferably to be strong against Bee Queen to add crowd control meta to it.

-Life giving Amulet should heal you up faster while wearing it, it's a very underlooked feature that maybe should get a kick at it as well as durability increase for that.

-Perhaps increase chance for blue gems to drop out of clockwork piles? Unless it's a lore thing why they don't... Blue gems are very commonly used for fights and crowd control.

-Pressing TAB you could access the whole mod list instead of few that are described? Would be easier for streamers to show those things off or take screenshots while in game to send to someone on discord or something for curiosity.

Edited by Mantas
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, JazzyGames said:

Could someone walk me through this? I am attempting to plant trees, place walls, and pick items with this feature but it doesn't appear to be working for me. Do you click the actual "Action" button (Space by default) or the mouse-click that would normally perform the action (ie. left-click for pick)?

It seems this only works for chopping, mining, hammering, etc. And it only works for 1 object at a time.

So it's basically just an alternative to constant clicking.

Sooo Action Queue is still necessary.

1 minute ago, QuartzBeam said:

It seems this only works for chopping, mining, hammering, etc. And it only works for 1 object at a time.

So it's basically just an alternative to constant clicking.

Holding space to continuesly pick items or chop/mine was already a thing. 

• Big Ups 1

1 hour ago, zarklord_klei said:
  • Containers can now be opened by multiple players at the same time.
  • All actions can be repeated by clicking and holding the action button.
  • All crafting recipes can be repeated by double clicking and holding the crafting button.
  • World settings can now be changed after a world has been generated.
  • The preset menu has been overhauled to allow custom presets to be named.
  • Added over 20 new world generation options.
  • Added over 50 new world settings.
  • The server commands menu (eg. roll back, regenerate the world, etc) is now accessible via the “Server Commands” button in the not-a-pause pause menu.
  • The rescue command has been added to the Server Commands menu.
  • The player listing screen (scoreboard) can now also be accessed via the not-a-pause pause menu
  • Added world settings to assist players when joining someone’s server. These settings should only have an impact on public servers. If you are locally hosting your own private world that only you and some friends play on, your experience will not be affected.
    • Extra Starting Resources. New players joining a world after day 10 will start with a few extra resources to make up for the starting area being most likely picked clean. 
    • Seasonal Starting Items. New players joining a world that is not in autumn will receive a basic seasonal clothing item to help them survive long enough to get started.
    • Griefer Spawn Protection. When a player spawns in, if there are too many structures near the spawn point or if there are hostile creatures, the player will gain a temporary buff that allows them to walk through structures and prevents them from being targeted.
    • Drop Items on Despawn. Sets whether a player will drop only irreplaceable items or drop all their items when they leave the server.

Bug Fixes

• Ice now floats

EEEEE yes to most of these, they've been needed for so freaking long!  The amount of arguments and annoyance I've seen over trying to look in the chest or fridge at the same time...
--I've always _thought_ holding down the left mouse button should continue to do the thing. 
--THANK YOU GOD for the "More" thing working properly; the way it used to be just as much of a mess as "Lots" drove me crazy. 
--You can change the world settings AFTER it's generated?!  (How does that work...?)
--YES to the starting resources.  Picked-over worlds have been every new player's bane since 2016! (at least)
--Seasonal Starting Items:  No need to use THAT mod anymore!  (It's called exactly that, I believe.)
--YES TO THE GRIEFER SPAWN PROTECTION.  I don't care what the minority may think; putting spider nests or tentacles right around where people spawn in with nothing, completely helpless, has ALWAYS been a d*ck move.
  --Not sure about the ability to make people drop _everything_ when they leave, but certainly those who run off with something important like Chester's eyebone, Wendy's flower or Willow's lighter (even by accident) should drop them.

Ice now floats--does that mean we have sea icebergs now, or no?  I'm trying to figure out exactly how many mods I can stop using...

...Notorious

Edited by CaptainChaotica

18 minutes ago, I Heart Popcorn said:

1.  Have you actually tried this out to even have such a definitive opinion about it?

2.  It's optional.  Turn it off if you don't like or or don't play on servers that have it enabled.

his whole shtick is he doesnt like things. don't worry about it~

• Like 1
  • Big Ups 1