[Game Update] - (BETA) 452698

54 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Maybe... but I’m more interested in why the Developers are labeling things as “Not-a-Pause pause.”

Its almost as if they’re trying to hint at something... but yeah I’m not gonna get my hopes up. :wilson_dorky:

What? Please don't quote me if you aren't actually replying to my post in any real way and are instead just bringing up a completely new discussion point that isn't related.

Yeah pretty sure that's just the way they had to word it because it isn't an actual pause menu, what are you even implying that they are hinting here, that there will eventually be an actual pause button?

• Sanity 1

9 hours ago, I Heart Popcorn said:

1.  Have you actually tried this out to even have such a definitive opinion about it?

2.  It's optional.  Turn it off if you don't like or or don't play on servers that have it enabled

I haven't had the chance to play the beta the entire day. It's not like I can play it on my phone. I however, can access the forums on my phone, enabling me to voice my concerns. Maxil was kind enough to show the settings that switch off griefer protection and I will do that when the qol beta goes live.

To be honest though, I don't even know if this will be possible at all on retrofitted worlds, so I may even be bits out of luck if they don't enable this for my world.

You and @gaymime seem to want to argue or dismiss my concerns for a reason I am not sure of. 

I have actually made a thread thanking klei and their artists for releasing the new victorian skins. I don't just dislike things klei do.

Keep your prejudices to yourself and don't make things so personal because I am iffy about a feature that's about to be added in, both of you.

12 hours ago, zarklord_klei said:

Containers can now be opened by multiple players at the same time.

Witchcraft & voodoo.

12 hours ago, chirsg said:

image.png.37ca341e3f1356a5c1ee00583b540c69.png

Looks cool but I don't see anything that stops Wortox from leaving.

Edited by Cheggf
  • Haha 6
  • Sanity 1
  • Sad Dupe 1

5 hours ago, chirsg said:

I haven't had the chance to play the beta the entire day. It's not like I can play it on my phone. I however, can access the forums on my phone, enabling me to voice my concerns. Maxil was kind enough to show the settings that switch off griefer protection and I will do that when the qol beta goes live.

To be honest though, I don't even know if this will be possible at all on retrofitted worlds, so I may even be bits out of luck if they don't enable this for my world.

You and @gaymime seem to want to argue or dismiss my concerns for a reason I am not sure of. 

I have actually made a thread thanking klei and their artists for releasing the new victorian skins. I don't just dislike things klei do.

Keep your prejudices to yourself and don't make things so personal because I am iffy about a feature that's about to be added in, both of you.

1.  I started to reply to your first “I don’t like this” comment BEFORE you posted the second one with any useful  commentary. I got interrupted mid-post so the the speed at which you and others posted resulted in it not being recorded until page 2, after yours. I never saw your 2nd reply until AFTER I posted mine.

The normal process by which people read these threads is from beginning to end.  It’s not reasonable to think, “Oh let’s wait an hour to see if he will reply again to clarify before I reply to the comment”. Page 2 didn’t even exist when I started my reply.

How is my first reply given the above remotely prejudice or dismissive based on the 1 singular sentence you provided at the time I started to reply to it?  What I asked and said were reasonable and objective given the above situation. If anyone is taking things too personal, it’s certainly not me. 

2.  There is no value to klei or anyone else by saying you don’t like something without explaining why. Why even post that first reply.  It’s like speaking just for the sake of speaking or to hear one’s  own voice. 

3.  As I said initially. If you don’t like it. Turn it off. You didn’t know you could toggle it?  Oh.  Because you didn’t test it? Again, then perhaps waiting to post a negative opinion until you have tested something or have seen others post evidence of something you don’t like, is the appropriate thing to do.

I’m not in any way saying you didn’t end up having have a valid concern but those concerns were not expressed or explained in the only comment I saw when I replied to it.

Edited by I Heart Popcorn

15 hours ago, chirsg said:

I want this setting to be toggled. Dully applied if the world is retrofitted.

I use the same type of spawn protection in my world, it's highly required if you care about the time you've spend building and i was bashed in another thread for "trapping" new players, probably by peeps who use console commands or just don't invest a lot of time in a world.

Anyway, It's definitely going to be a togglable option, it won't be forced upon client hosted worlds. It's more of a feature for pubs if anything, and a good one for those I suppose, tho I'm certain griefers will find ways around it.

Edited by BeeClops
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BeeClops said:

I use the same type of spawn protection in my world, it's highly required if you care about the time you've spend building and i was bashed in another thread for "trapping" new players, probably by peeps who use console commands or just don't invest a lot of time in a world.

I really don't enjoy this part of videogame culture of always saying "if these people disagree with me, they're probably just cheaters." Don't assume anyone who disagrees with you is cheating.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, -Dan0- said:

if we get the option to choose between juicy berries and normal berries this is the best update ever

I think you could already do that by changing the "prefabswaps_start" option to classic. IIRC, this made it so your world would have normal berries and twigs.

monopolizing a server that isn't yours is a form of grief wheter you acknowledge it or not. you can twist it as much as you want but it still makes you just as bad as the never-do-wells.

if you don't want to be disturbed make your own private session.

15 hours ago, Viktor234 said:

Already done. Tentacles aren't doing such a good job anymore, but there are other ways of killing players as soon as they join.

then explain them or tell the devs privately.

1 hour ago, Sunset Skye said:

I really don't enjoy this part of videogame culture of always saying "if these people disagree with me, they're probably just cheaters." Don't assume anyone who disagrees with you is cheating.

You didn't get it, the reason I said they probably use commands is because that's one reason why you wouldn't care if somebody destroys your work, you can just spawn it back in. Not because they disagreed with me lol :) .  I don't even think using commands could be considered cheating in that situation either, didn't say anything about cheating in my post.

Edited by BeeClops
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Well-met said:

...then explain them or tell the devs privately.

He and others like him did, in past. Plenty of times. Can you guess what dev's reaction was?

If you opted for "ignoring silence", then you are quite-so-very correct.

As a matter of fact, for 4 years now I for one am bring about time-and-again 1 single bug. Not "some" bugs, not "3-4". One. I did so in this thread as well. Basically it comes down to "when you set Trees (All) for example to <none>, you get them growing in no-time everywhere, including places where they shouldn't grow like Savanna, Inner Ruins Military, Wilds, Stalagmite Terrain, both deserts etc". I've even provided, courtesy to a "code digger" (as I myself know next-to-nothing about any type of programming), the main code section generating said bug. Yet KLei... nothing. As absurdly as it sounds, was even ok with being basically ignored/glossed over, since not many people change WorldGen settings from default. Even now, when WordGen gets a "refurbish". Perhaps is no time for such fix, maybe it would take some resources KLei aren't willing to invest, is something very peripheral. But you know what's the message sent "between the lines", even unwillingly. And that in turn ends up by making people salty, then not carrying at-all anymore or even light trolling. Because at least a lapidary acknowledgment of the issue (post reply) with a denial-of-fix short explanation (no time, too small issue, not cross-validated a.s.o.) would be better than pure "ignoring silence".

Edited by x0-VERSUS-1y

20 hours ago, zarklord_klei said:

• Setting world generation options to “More” will no longer generate more of that object in every biome, it will now only generate more of that object in biomes where that object already exists.

Can this please only apply to "More"? I quite enjoyed setting hound mounds, spiders, tallbirds, killer bees, and beefalo to "Lots" and having them spawn all over the map creating giant battle scenes.

Edit: Or can you make biome spillover an option?

Edited by Robotix0731

16 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

(though I’m 99.9% certain our systems would run it better then a ancient laptop)

I would like to pipe in that while they can know the full limitations of consoles because consoles have a set constant (heh) of what they can handle, tailoring to PC isn't as clear-cut because it's the same version of the game whether someone is playing on a spanking new fully rigged homemade HD Gaming PC or my 10 year old laptop on life support.

21 hours ago, zarklord_klei said:
  • Setting world generation options to “More” will no longer generate more of that object in every biome, it will now only generate more of that object in biomes where that object already exists.
  • World settings can now be changed after a world has been generated.

As for the actual things being added; It all looks so GOOD. Best parts to me being these two!

So glad that the settings for more/less won't put things all over the darned place anymore. Kind of hoping I'll be able to turn on berry bush regrowth for my Survival world? And get those Twiggy trees under control. I love twiggy trees, but I have gotten to the point where I need to log off in the caves if I don't want to deal with a 10 minute time skip on logging in where I can only hope I don't get loaded in dead in the middle of a hound wave. Speaking of, putting those onto less for a world where they've become more annoyance than threat doesn't sound too bad...

3 hours ago, Robotix0731 said:

Can this please only apply to "More"? I quite enjoyed setting hound mounds, spiders, tallbirds, killer bees, and beefalo to "Lots" and having them spawn all over the map creating giant battle scenes.

Edit: Or can you make biome spillover an option?

Why not Just add a new Chaos option here... I mean there’s already a “Chaos” option for preferred server Playstyle- Why not not have Chaos as an option? And have things spawn outside of their natural biomes if you choose Chaos (instead of more/lots more)

OMG!!!! this update MIGHT bring me back :P

21 hours ago, KCDA said:

As someone who not only pushed hard for a beta of this anti-grief feature, and a critic of anti-grief effectiveness in general... This sounds about as solid as mortar. Though, it's only a matter of time until someone breaks it. Of course, I haven't actually touched the system yet, but I have to commend Klei for doing a good job, as I haven't thought of a loophole yet.

Nice job, but don't celebrate too hard okay guys?

I think the issue is that the measure is called Griefer Spawn not really anti-griefer which is what I particularly wanted meaning preventing a Griefer from....  well griefing your base. I hope that comes into place at some point cuz that is the bulk of people complaining in public servers

also, I think public servers should be on Endless. that would make things much more amicable when people new to the game die.

On 2/22/2021 at 7:24 PM, zarklord_klei said:

Changes

• Containers can now be opened by multiple

Wait a second. You're telling me I can now cook while my friend forgets he doesn't need to have the fridge open to wait for his meatballs to finish cooking?

I can't believe this is truly happening! It's the little things.

• Haha 2

At last I can change the Hound Wave settings from Normal to something else so that I no longer have to continue adding to my collection of hound tooth stacks.

9 hours ago, 00008b said:

Starting resources feels much like coddling. It lessens the survival aspect. Will this actually be the default setting?

Surely the dropping of items only applies to those being kicked? One issue I can see otherwise would be as a regular returning to a long-running server, only to have all ones items dropped on previous log out, used up or scattered all over the map.

With regards to the first part, I'm going to guess that these settings are all togglable, so if a server host thinks it's unnecessary then they can just turn it off.

10 hours ago, 00008b said:

Starting resources feels much like coddling. It lessens the survival aspect. Will this actually be the default setting.

You get earmuffs in winter, straw hat in spring and pretty parasol in summer. All of them worse items than you could have made if you had joined in autumn.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, AlternateMew said:

I love twiggy trees, but I have gotten to the point where I need to log off in the caves if I don't want to deal with a 10 minute time skip on logging in where I can only hope I don't get loaded in dead in the middle of a hound wave.

Twiggy Trees alone absolutely would not be doing that. Without any other context, I'd chalk it up to either a very packed base or a large amount of (server or client) mods? Try relogging far from your base and see if that makes things any better?