[Game Update] - (BETA) 452698

No Geometric Placement for Console Players... 

Its a shame... 

Every single PC player use this featute, why not implement this on consoles? 

Its like when ppl played ESO on console without DPS counter, they had to beg for developers to put this on, as now we are begging to Klei to implement this on DST console edition..... 

8 minutes ago, RoddHunter said:

No Geometric Placement for Console Players... 

Its a shame... 

Every single PC player use this featute, why not implement this on consoles? 

Its like when ppl played ESO on console without DPS counter, they had to beg for developers to put this on, as now we are begging to Klei to implement this on DST console edition..... 

Can someone explain Geometric placement to me please? Does it just bring up the grid that having a pitchfork in hand brings up or does it have some system where stuff snaps into place and can be placed more easily? I see people asking for it to be added to console all the time and just want to know exactly what it does.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GelatinousCube said:

Can someone explain Geometric placement to me please? Does it just bring up the grid that having a pitchfork in hand brings up or does it have some system where stuff snaps into place and can be placed more easily? I see people asking for it to be added to console all the time and just want to know exactly what it does.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, RoddHunter said:

I’m not a fan of it to be honest, I mean I vote yes it should be in the game for people who want it (cause I’m nice like that & not selfish at all.) But it just looks like a huge eyesore to me, it defiantly breaks the immersion into the world.

It feels roughly the same as the mission in Saints Row 3 where you go from real world stuff and serious- to being thrown over into a virtual simulation as a talking toilet.

(I mean the Grid/Mesh thing it feels all VR/Simulation-y)

I would defiantly leave this toggled off it were added to the game.

1 minute ago, Mike23Ua said:

I’m not a fan of it to be honest, I mean I vote yes it should be in the game for people who want it (cause I’m nice like that & not selfish at all.) But it just looks like a huge eyesore to me, it defiantly breaks the immersion into the world.

It feels roughly the same as the mission in Saints Row 3 where you go from real world stuff and serious- to being thrown over into a virtual simulation as a talking toilet.

(I mean the Grid/Mesh thing it feels all VR/Simulation-y)

I would defiantly leave this toggled off it were added to the game.

U are seeing this request on forum all the time, appears to me that klei dont read the forum, or they dont give a s......

9 minutes ago, RoddHunter said:

U are seeing this request on forum all the time, appears to me that klei dont read the forum, or they dont give a s......

No, you are seeing this request on the forum all the time, because you are the one requesting it. You requested it 1 hour ago, someone else requested it 21 hours ago, you requested it on the 21st, someone else requested it on the 17th, someone else requested it on the 9th, no one else requested it for the rest of the month, no one requested it at all in January, one person requested it on December 12th, no one requested it in November, no one requested it in October, no one requested it in September, one person requested it in August, no one requested it in July... I'm getting results dating all the way back to 2015 and I'm not seeing any more people asking for Geometric Placement.

So over the course of 6 years it got requested 6 times.

Will be number input or input type range compatible with game (for example, game settings or mod config settings)? Or will ⏭️⏮️ maybe added to scroll to the end/start of the setting? I'm tired of clicking > or < all way to the end.

Edited by MoonLiferX
Grammar

3 hours ago, GelatinousCube said:

1 hour ago, Cheggf said:

No, you are seeing this request on the forum all the time, because you are the one requesting it. You requested it 1 hour ago, someone else requested it 21 hours ago, you requested it on the 21st, someone else requested it on the 17th, someone else requested it on the 9th, no one else requested it for the rest of the month, no one requested it at all in January, one person requested it on December 12th, no one requested it in November, no one requested it in October, no one requested it in September, one person requested it in August, no one requested it in July... I'm getting results dating all the way back to 2015 and I'm not seeing any more people asking for Geometric Placement.

So over the course of 6 years it got requested 6 times.

He said it too man, not only me... 

I didnt mean to disrespect, but this mod is requested for Console Players a long time.. I've played DS on consoles since i bought my Ps4, DS was one of the first PS Plus Games... 

Now I'm on PS5 and i dont see any light on those requests... 

I play both on PC and PS... 

Srry if i was disrespectful, wont happen again. 

On 2/22/2021 at 1:24 PM, zarklord_klei said:

• Extra Starting Resources. New players joining a world after day 10 will start with a few extra resources to make up for the starting area being most likely picked clean. 
    • Seasonal Starting Items. New players joining a world that is not in autumn will receive a basic seasonal clothing item to help them survive long enough to get started.
    • Griefer Spawn Protection. When a player spawns in, if there are too many structures near the spawn point or if there are hostile creatures, the player will gain a temporary buff that allows them to walk through structures and prevents them from being targeted.
    • Drop Items on Despawn. Sets whether a player will drop only irreplaceable items or drop all their items when they leave the server.

These are actually huge monkey moment. 

To me, it's common courtesy to NOT join a public server during spring or summer. (Mostly because I'm already struggling to carry myself and the other 3 people dragging behind me) But yes. Thank you Klei. These settings are beautiful.

Sincerely,

Cactus

------------

WOAH WOAH WOAH!

How are people arguing about a freakin' QOL update? Settle your jimmy's people. Let's have some fun.

Sincerely,

Confused Cactus

7 hours ago, Sunset Skye said:

Twiggy Trees alone absolutely would not be doing that. Without any other context, I'd chalk it up to either a very packed base or a large amount of (server or client) mods? Try relogging far from your base and see if that makes things any better?

My bases are pretty small. Like, embarrassingly small. "How is this person on day 600?" small. If I log in in the overworld it's slow, if I log in underground it's fine. The bases aren't much different size-wise.

As for mods, I use two, technically three Server mods. Global Pause/Gem Core and now Refuelable Lazy Explorer. As for client mods, I use a fair handful. But considering it loads fine in caves, it's not an issue of using client mods.

It's not just the twiggy trees, no. I get a lot of rot/houndsteeth/spoiled fish/twigs/silk/glands/misc stuff scattered EVERYWHERE. It's a general mess on an ol'laptop problem. I know the problem and it's 100% mine. I'm working on it lol. That's what the Lazy Explorer mod is for. I'm going around on Beefback picking up all the crap.

But the twiggy trees DO make a difference. I once used commands to delete all the world's twigs, rot, and spider glands and the next time I loaded up it was as smooth as caves.

1 minute ago, Lbphero said:

do u happen to use the mod that adds a small map 

Nope. I don't like minimaps.

Full list: Camera Tweaks, Craft Pot, Drops Reset Countdown, Geometric Placement, Hellish Hellhounds from Hell, Idea Testing, Improved Force Attack, No Mods Warning, Snapping Tills, [DST] Roseate HUD, Pick-Up Filters.

Like I said, fairly certain 600 days of rot, twigs, and random mob drops do it because it only happens on my perma world. I just gotta go play Constant's Janitor. (Or use commands, but that's no fun. I feel like doing it the hard way.)

On 2/22/2021 at 10:24 PM, zarklord_klei said:

The Beta Branch is open again, this time with the March QoL changes.

Although this is not a Return of Them update we will be using the Don't Starve Together: Return of Them bug tracker and forums for this beta. The "Klei\DoNotStarveTogetherReturnOfThemBeta\" folder will also be used for all save data.

This update contains some changes to world options, they have been split into two categories, world settings (things affect the world after it has been generated), and world generation options (things that affect world generation). By default, saving and loading presets will work as before, or can choose to unlink the world settings and generation options and manage their presets separately. If you host a dedicated server, the method for applying world options is unchanged and will continue to work just fine.

You can follow the directions here to join the beta.

Changes

• Containers can now be opened by multiple players at the same time.
  • All actions can be repeated by clicking and holding the action button.
  • All crafting recipes can be repeated by double clicking and holding the crafting button.
  • Setting world generation options to “More” will no longer generate more of that object in every biome, it will now only generate more of that object in biomes where that object already exists.
  • World settings can now be changed after a world has been generated.
  • The preset menu has been overhauled to allow custom presets to be named.
  • Added over 20 new world generation options.
  • Added over 50 new world settings.
  • The server commands menu (eg. roll back, regenerate the world, etc) is now accessible via the “Server Commands” button in the not-a-pause pause menu.
  • The rescue command has been added to the Server Commands menu.
  • The player listing screen (scoreboard) can now also be accessed via the not-a-pause pause menu
  • Added world settings to assist players when joining someone’s server. These settings should only have an impact on public servers. If you are locally hosting your own private world that only you and some friends play on, your experience will not be affected.
    • Extra Starting Resources. New players joining a world after day 10 will start with a few extra resources to make up for the starting area being most likely picked clean. 
    • Seasonal Starting Items. New players joining a world that is not in autumn will receive a basic seasonal clothing item to help them survive long enough to get started.
    • Griefer Spawn Protection. When a player spawns in, if there are too many structures near the spawn point or if there are hostile creatures, the player will gain a temporary buff that allows them to walk through structures and prevents them from being targeted.
    • Drop Items on Despawn. Sets whether a player will drop only irreplaceable items or drop all their items when they leave the server.

Bug Fixes

• Ice now floats
  • Lesser Glow Berries now have a different animation on the ground.
  • Fixed a bug causing birchnut trees to update when they shouldn’t.

Notes For Modders

• The worlddeciduoustreeupdater component is now deprecated
  • You can see this post for the modding api changes made in this update.

View full update

you're the best klei! truly worth our support, dst is becoming better and better over time and there's no update that disappointed me so far (except for the hook line and inker that was a little disappointed to be honest, but i enjoy it when i do it from time to time) and this update is great! and i have an idea for you: move the bundling wrap to the start of the survival tab. and thanks for your hard work! 

A few suggestions I came up with while watching someone's video on this topic.

First of all. I think It'll be great if you also added a setting that'll let you choose between Grass Gecko and Grass Turf for Grass sources of the world. And same goes for Twigs and Berries. It would be a great addition for this update.

Second Suggestion. I saw that change with the server commands menu. I'm positive about it but. I think It'll be better if when you regenerate the world the world regens according to the world creation settings and not the default world creation settings.

That's all that has been stuck in my head for a while. Thanks for reading this :)

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, NoscopeFelix said:

I wonder if console players will now finally be allowed to use more then just default after this update.

Maybe if Klei Decides to increase the GB allowed for the game, DST is less than 4 GB- to put that into perspective for you: Dead Rising Remastered clocks in at 8GB

And Triple A titles like GTA, Red Dead, Rainbow Siege, Etc- 40+

I’m fairly certain if they didn’t try to restrict the game to less than 3GB that a whole lot more could be done for us.

Fingers Crossed.

On 2/24/2021 at 4:18 PM, RoddHunter said:

Srry if i was disrespectful, wont happen again. 

nah its alright big man,it sometimes can seem like klei don't listen to people's suggestions but thats simply not true

im also pretty sure they one time gave a reason for why mods like geometric placement aren't in the game but i don't remember if thats true what the reason was

• Like 1

On 2/22/2021 at 10:24 PM, zarklord_klei said:
  • Added over 20 new world generation options.
  • Added over 50 new world settings.

Adding the option “huge” for the world generation size would be a lot appreciated for console players.36673744-EFB1-497F-9E24-0ADEE9B77577.thumb.jpeg.d7f0ba0cc7dfdf0359571ed1da3e402d.jpeg 

• Like 1