If you could add anything to DST, what would it be?

I would like some kind of sickness mechanic to be added. Maybe you could get sick if you don't sleep for too long, stay out too late in the rain, or eat spoiled food. Doing things would take more hunger and sanity drain would be faster. Maybe movement would be slower and it would take extra hits to kill enemies or chop trees or something. There could be items you could craft to help the symptoms or cure it. IDK it's not super fleshed out and I'm just throwing ideas around, but I think it would be fun.

Here's a list of things I'd love to see in some form, some are realistic others are not:

-Fix of Wigfrid's songs making them all as useful as Ballad and Warble in their own unique ways. Both Sanity songs should be stronger or have a secondary smaller effect, add a durability song for armor and Fireproof Falsetto should provide FULL protection against overheating and reduce fire damage by 90%.

-More ocean content - different coloured waters in certain areas with a greener hue with richer ocean life like jellyfish, aggressive fish - swordfish, eel or crabs for example? Maybe these ocean life rich areas can have shallower water you can actually see in allowing you to identify fish (I know you can learn all the shadows but it would look really nice to see fish swimming around in the water.) New ocean flora other than kelp - perhaps they can ONLY be planted or exist in these special areas so they can't be moved close to base etc. Less sea stacks in the ocean... seriously they just feel like boring filler for the lack of content on the ocean - they're super annoying and it takes FOREVER to slowly get rid of them. Other than being able to plant Seaweeds on them they serve no purpose other than as an obstacle and I'd honestly just rather more threats in the ocean in the form of mobs like the Shark than stupid seastacks.  We could also have rare moving sheets of ice during Winter and Spring so that there is still some form of threat to your boat, these could be mined for Ice so there is more point to actually mine them than seastacks. Maybe there could be one sheet of Ice that is large and flat enough to actually walk on - it could exist for several days in the middle of Winter allowing access to a special Winter Ocean boss with its own unique drops and fight. Would be cool if the boss dropped a TON of Ice alongside its other drops to give a different source of gathering Ice than simply smashing the Ice on the land.

-Refresh of the Beach area on the Lunar Island - addition of Crabbits and a little more going on - this area is pretty bare and could be a bit more unique and could have more of a reason to go there other than just reeds. I leave all the fish skeletons and driftwood on my beach simply for aesthetic purposes but I would love if crabbits and something else worthwhile existed in this biome. The whole Lunar Island needs a little more going on to be honest but I guess we will be getting something soon with the Mysterious Energy - most likely a boss.

-Palm trees and maybe even a few other new types of tree with their own drops alongside logs - an actual fruit baring tree could be really cool - Stone fruit are tiny and I want a big tree with hanging fruits that can either be attained by chopping the tree down (it should have as much or more durability than the lunar tree so there is more of a reason to simply harvest the fruit and not cut it down) or by using a boomerang or dart or some new tool that can only be used to pick fruit from trees. Maybe there could even be a massive version of this special tree that has a single golden version of the fruit (that doesn't spoil and can be used to make some special unique dish) but is guarded by a new boss you need to defeat anytime you want to gather a piece of the fruit.

-New bosses - would love to see a few ported from SW or Hamlet (those that actually make sense) in some fashion as well as totally new bosses. Tigershark for the ocean and a couple for the mainland. Late game can get a little boring currently rotating between the various bosses and so many are season exclusive. FW and AG being locked to whether you have killed the other or not is also limiting. I often find myself with DF and BQ dead but I want to Fight a boss. I generally can't be bothered finding Malbatross (and its a quick not very exciting battle) cant be bothered (or its not the ideal/preferred time of year) to do ruins reset and do FW and AG and outside of him giving special holiday ornaments theres no way I'm doing Crab King more times than I need to.

-More going on in the deciduous biome - this biome just doesn't have anything going on except for birchnuts and catcoons. Yes Pig King and Glommer live here but unless you are killing Glommer for krampus reasons or whatever you generally just get him once and only visit Pig King from time to time late game to stock up on gold.

-Having all or at least a couple of the chest skins be weavable... seriously on console other than brute, the new heart chest and metheus you can only obtain the other chest skins via drops so we don't have the luxury of using these like most on PC do due to both how great they look and how useful they can be for organizing your base. I get certain skins and belongings need to be rare and hard to obtain but chest skins just seem like a weird inclusion to these types of items.

-Boomerang to not be useless on console.

-A medium sized rework to recipes, nothing huge but just making several recipes a little bit better so they aren't just a complete waste of ingredients that would give just as many stats if not more eaten on their own. Several new recipes so that every plant and vegetable has its own unique recipe in some form, a couple of new meat dishes too because I'm a Wigfrid main! I would also LOVE the addition of some new special advanced food like wheat or cheese.

-I saw a pretty cool suggestion recently of wheat and how it would work and many aspects of it seemed really cool - an advanced special crop you need to care for that can provide you with wheat to make special advanced recipes that give great stats and last much longer - a couple of existing recipes like Veggie Burger and Froggle Bunwich wouldn't make sense or would need to be reworked heavily for this to work. Perhaps the existing Froggle Bunwich recipe (as in what is required and the stats it gives) could be renamed to Fried Froglegs (or however Frog Legs are actually prepared in real life - I have no idea - gross) and Froggle Bunwich could be a whole new recipe. Alternatively Cheese that you can make out of Butter or Volt Goat Milk (I know this doesn't make sense) that is either a) simply its own type of food that you don't use in recipes but simply lasts a long time and gives decent stats when eaten (similar to how you can just carry a stack or two of honey and live off that) or b) is a unique ingredient for a few special recipes or even c) is a new "seasoning" for Warly that you can add to dishes to make them a "Cheesy" version of that food. No idea what the buff would actually be though. 

-Certain items to last indefinitely or at least a very long time in the ice box/salt box much like Ice itself. Ice cream honestly isn't anything special AT ALL anymore and is easily outclassed by Jelly Salad which is infinitely easier to obtain (mid to late game and late game you can be absolutely SWIMMING in it) or even just by simple strategies like dried kelp or hell even just jerky. To make Ice cream ACTUALLY unique and worth making (and to make butter worth farming) make it last forever in the Ice Box. You can always just bundle wrap it anyway so all this would do is save you bundle wrap materials and would just be cool to have a stack or two of Icecream in your Icebox. Keep its spoilage rate the same as is now as it should spoil quickly outside of the ice box, hell make it spoil even faster. Similarly you can just wrap jerky once you have bundle wrap unlocked so why not make Jerky not lose freshness inside a salt box? This would take up room in your salt box that would otherwise be used for raw ingredients and again... bundling wrap exists anyway so why not?

-Cookie Cutter Helm to do a tiny amount of damage back to melee attackers. Yeah there is Wormwoods thorn armor but why can't two things do the same thing? There are plenty of other items that do the same thing and I see no reason why it needs to be Wormwood specific he has so much going for him at the moment already. Seriously I think hes the only other character I play other than Wigfrid at the moment that isn't just a "switch" character (one I swap to purely to craft a bunch of unique items or whatever - Warly, Winona, Wurt etc) in my main longterm world. With his speed bonus and all his farming perks I love zooming around as him.

-More content in the caves - a few new unique mobs and unique flora as well that only exist in certain biomes. Late game once you've cleared a lot of the resources in the caves there aren't many areas you really ever revisit as they are bare and empty or only have basic boring unimportant resources (twigs, grass, trees or even mushtrees as I can't be bothered chopping or using them when I use mushroom planters in both my cave base and above ground.

a different gang for each season, for example, a polar bear for the Winter, etc. I want to see Hamlet ants, and there can be Gangs of turtles for the sea, both on land and at sea, and of course waverly as a character :)

15 hours ago, Ohan said:

more life and interest to every biome, more interesting/new world gen.

The Lunar Island and Grotto are great additions to this end but i want just a few new things for the old biomes to freshen things up. and more, new set pieces.

This! Klei take notes.

i would love to see wheat from the gorge added to the game. i want to make all the recipes that were available in the gorge.

i also would add a station where you can craft potions to transform boss monsters into different types. like deerclops fire version or ice version of dragonfly.

special powers that can be unlocked with all four boss items or rare items. like wormwood can use a type of spiny bindweed to lock enemies at one place. wilson uses special magic science staffs to confuse enemies. wolfgang can do a super punch and wendy can bring ghosts tot the surface to attack.

• Diving or deep sea diving- We would have to to have a machine on our boat to be able to do this, This could open up new mods (friend and foe), Wurt would be able to going into the water with no equiment needed only a light source to see if dark. Also new items, like clams, oysters, mussels, seaweed, coral, etc.
  • New biome- we are missing some cool biomes like the tundra, savanna, jungle, rainforest.
  • New weather type- hail which could damge the player and mobs but also when picked up could be used as a weapon or for crafting.
  • Items-  fish nets, crab baskets

Just now, Kyriena said:
  • Diving or deep sea diving- We would have to to have a machine on our boat to be able to do this, This could open up new mods (friend and foe), Wurt would be able to going into the water with no equiment needed only a light source to see if dark. Also new items, like clams, oysters, mussels, seaweed, coral, etc.

That's actually an idea for my mod...that i may start making in few hundred years.

9 hours ago, SnoByrd said:

I would like some kind of sickness mechanic to be added. Maybe you could get sick if you don't sleep for too long, stay out too late in the rain, or eat spoiled food. Doing things would take more hunger and sanity drain would be faster. Maybe movement would be slower and it would take extra hits to kill enemies or chop trees or something. There could be items you could craft to help the symptoms or cure it. IDK it's not super fleshed out and I'm just throwing ideas around, but I think it would be fun.

YES! I love the hay fever mechanic in Hamlet. So something like that? We have weather, that affects all the players. But sickness could affect only an individual and others could care for him, make him a tea or something. Potentially very bonding and healthy for Cooperative game. I can also imagine they could go in a slightly different direction and implement flu-like sickness, so that after every sneeze, nearby players would get sick as well, unless they were wearing a mask :D

2nd feature - someone somewhere somewhen suggested pigman pirates sailing on the seas, which I love as an idea. Or you know, pirates in general, whatever spieces they would be. They could work like hound waves. Or they could trade with players unless provoked (with gold or full chests on the boat). Or maybe work in similar way as Aporkalypse does. Or they could plunder anything that is close to shore. So many possibilities with this idea. It could make the ocean much more interesting.

Actually i would extend the 2nd wish for generally more NPCs on land and sea alike.

- New NPCs, with factions. EG: Pirate merms, Viking pigs

- A lot more islands to explore

- Much better sunken chest loot

- Explore a bit more the concept of stealth into the game 

- Dangerous Cave lakes with an island where mysterious druidic bunnymen gather...

- Random shenanigans events (if anyone played fallout new vegas, it would be like the Wild Wasteland trait concept) EG: finding a lonely merm, floating in a small raft in the middle of the ocean, fishing, hugging the fish then tossing them back to the ocean.
Yknow, pointless little "WTF" moments. 

Spoiler
23 hours ago, Freshness said:

Whenever I am bored I like to come up with fun little things that I think would be cool in the game.
Nothing major or all too important, just small things that would be neat to have, be it some kind of item, small feature or what not.

But coming up with these kinds of things on my own is boring, so I'd like to know what some other people think would be neat in dst. 
This can really be almost anything, so long as it's not some huge expansive new dlc or some stuff like that, I feel like this would be a tiny bit too much for this post.

I personally would very much enjoy something along the lines of a custom blueprint kit to create blueprints of items without necessarily needing to prototype them.

If I started to describe what I wanted to add to this wonderful game, it would take me a week to describe all the content that I have in my head, so I'd rather not describe it x'D

For me, in fact, these things are still important: I'd just like to see a redesign of the Compendium and more lore. And add Wagstaff In DST, too.

Archived