If you could add anything to DST, what would it be?

Also I would add more actual in game lore- the lore for DS/DST is scattered all over the place it’s hard to find lore for this franchise without actively scouring the Internet for it- and even then: It’s a confusing mess of what’s legit and what’s fan fiction.

there’s an options tab in the main menu that lets us watch cinematic but currently the only thing here is the games credits.

It would be GREAT if the story driven animated shorts could be added here someday.

And maybe compile all the games lore in one place right there in game.

Because- When I buy this game for friends who have never heard of Dont Starve & they die on Day 1 to Darkness the most common response I get is: “Wait What just happened?” 

It is then I usually get a good laugh and tell them that the game is designed to instantly kill them if they’re caught in the darkness without a light source, that Charlie kills them if caught in dark without a torch.

the next question they ask is usually “Who the heck is Charlie?”

I reply with the girl they saw wigging out between wanting things to be pretty or spooky in the starting screen animation.

the conversation continues like this over more lore & when they ask where and how I learned all this I just have to tell them it’s scattered all over the Internet.

But it would be a Nice QOL thing to have.

1. More creepy dark designs for Bosses and mobs

2. A Bunnyman character because I like the idea.

3. A Proper Wes rework.

4. DS characters including Warbucks.

5. fixing the issues with texture in the game and just fixing glitches in general that still lays in the game.

8. Sticking on a Dark theme for DST and not preferring for a cuter look. (unless it's for a cute mob)

-Skins for missing items (like wood and grass walls)

-Improvement from the technical side, to better make use of multi threading and perhaps attempt to connect a third server shard (the world is getting a bit crowded)

-Some kind of Summer rework where the best strategy is not go somewhere else to avoid summer completely.

-Expand on the ocean

-Maybe work on some of those old items that barely get any use to give them their own niche and more interesting. The mod Rezecib did for the ruins craftables is a good example of this.

-Some type of unavoidable hazard that you have to find the solution against. Bosses that damage your base, temperature, rain, dog waves, frog rain are things the game throws at you that you have to either prepare or improvise a way to deal with them, and it has been severely lacking in all of DST's life. Also wind, flooding, the beetles becoming rabid, fog, Hay Fever, etc, from the DLCs. Heck, even the uncompromising mode mod added a few of these.

-More Lovecraftian mobs. I know is very unlikely, but I really feel a part of Don't Starve grim and dark style has been severely lacing for a while.

I would like to have some seriously different game mode options- right now... DSTs fanbase seems to be split between the mega base builders who finds wildfires unfun, and the people who never build mega bases and want more content in the game that PREVENTS them from building a mega base-

Unavoidable disasters like tornados, wildfires, Wildfire tornadoes (yes those do actually exist and are quite terrifying) earthquakes, landslides, flooding:

The TL:DR- things you CANT just build a structure for to make a non-existent problem.

Alternative modes will let us have that- you can enjoy your 10,000 day mega base worlds: Meanwhile I can enjoy struggling just to survive one more day.

I want features and modes that are really going to shake this franchise at its core.... 

DST has the Potential to be as easy or as hard as you personally feel like playing it at the time.

trust me: Most the time I enjoy harsh and punishing but any time a limited time event goes active I toggle off all the harsh & punishing to fully invest in the limited time event.

Giant versions of weeds.

Giant forget-me-lots becomes tree sized and has to be cut down with axe.

Giant tillweed spawns boulders like antlion that will uproot nearby crops and has to be mined to remove. Can produce stone nitre or gold rarely.

Giant fire nettle will cause fires if brushed against the player and will need a combo of axe to take down the plant and shovel to uproot.

Giant spiny bundle weeds acts like a mini boss, aggressive if you approach it and if you tend/uproot any other plants near it.

2 hours ago, GelatinousCube said:

Forgot to add to my massive list: Summer rework!

Add a hound rework in there as well. Or just some super late game structure so I don't need to spend 5 days on a day 1200+ world waiting for the hounds to spawn and be dealt with just so I'll be certain they won't pop up during a raid boss.

I want the weather to be an actually danger not the joke it is.

Winter can be survive easy with a torch and a thermal stone and now you can grow the stronger veggie to have health and sanity on demand

Autumn only has bearger and will not respawn if you let him lost in a forest or telelocated in an island

Summer is as easy as basing in oasis/caves

Spring is easy to counter but atleast they changed how moose goose works so we can fight multiple to farm feathers but still, she doesnt come to harash your base like in DS and frog rains can be countered by those moose goose

As survival this game has lost a lot and is more like a weird mix of animal crossing and monster hunter but with the monster hunter part bland since a lot of bosses arent fixed (hi free loot ancient guardian) and you dont need to face them since most of them are optional so you only fight them when you are prepare 

More Magic items 

A character focused on magic 

A medium to high threat plant mob for Wormwood to interact and befriend 

More dark/grim elements and mobs 

Seeds for weeds 

An Armor that has space in it like in Hamlet but actually useful...

Not like Hamlet.

4 hours ago, licet_insanire said:

I would like Lucy to be able to speak from my inventory. As soon as I get my cane and don't equip her in my hand slot anymore, she stops talking, and I miss her quotes ç_ç

Wait what? Dude you don’t want that, it’s annoying- we have it on Xbox One and Lucy never shuts up- at all ever..

If you put her in your backpack she wines it’s too dark in there, if you drop her on the ground she begs you to come back, if you hold her in your hand she complains your not chopping wood.

It might sound nice on paper: but the constant instrumental sounds of lucy can and will drive you to real world insanity.

I get that it’s part of playing as Woodie maybe, but personally I liked how it was in DS Solo: She warns you your chopping too much Wood then Blam! Well.. she did warn You. 

12 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Wait what? Dude you don’t want that, it’s annoying- we have it on Xbox One and Lucy never shuts up- at all ever..

If you put her in your backpack she wines it’s too dark in there, if you drop her on the ground she begs you to come back, if you hold her in your hand she complains your not chopping wood.

It might sound nice on paper: but the constant instrumental sounds of lucy can and will drive you to real world insanity.

I get that it’s part of playing as Woodie maybe, but personally I liked how it was in DS Solo: She warns you your chopping too much Wood then Blam! Well.. she did warn You. 

Wow, let's trade versions! *heart-shaped eyes*
I actually sometimes put her in my backpack for a while just to hear her voice. It would be so amazing if she could scream "RAAA!", "Destruction!" and "Death to all trees!" when I chop as beaver, (edit: and maybe some special quotes also for when I fight as moose or explore as goose) and I miss her saying "let's find a small grove and just go nuts".
But I know many people feel the same way as you, including the people I normally play multiplayer with :'D, so I'd love that to be something that can be toggled client-wise, like Wigfrid's umlauts, and if I get tired of her voice, I can decide to disable it.
Edit #2: more often than not, I play alone, and I'd love to hear someone else's voice in the Constant's desolation

20 minutes ago, licet_insanire said:

Wow, let's trade versions! *heart-shaped eyes*
I actually sometimes put her in my backpack for a while just to hear her voice. It would be so amazing if she could scream "RAAA!", "Destruction!" and "Death to all trees!" when I chop as beaver, (edit: and maybe some special quotes also for when I fight as moose or explore as goose) and I miss her saying "let's find a small grove and just go nuts".
But I know many people feel the same way as you, including the people I normally play multiplayer with :'D, so I'd love that to be something that can be toggled client-wise, like Wigfrid's umlauts, and if I get tired of her voice, I can decide to disable it.
Edit #2: more often than not, I play alone, and I'd love to hear someone else's voice in the Constant's desolation

This actually reminds me though- another QOL thing I would like is if only one Walter can tell a campfire story at any given time- but any other Nearby Walters gain the benefits as if they were telling the story themselves.

In Multiplayer multiple story telling Walters is Annoying as heck- and I prefer Silent peaceful Wendy’s plucking flowers and standing by their Sisturns.

Archived