Questions that don't deserve their own thread.

On 1/8/2022 at 10:00 AM, Falkenpelz said:

Who are the creators of the Uncompromising Mode mod? Are they active in this forum?

Myself, Scrimbles, -Variant, The Axe Swinging Smasher, Cephalopod, and WackyBW are the active developers of Uncompromising Mode. I am the Founder, and Scrimbles is the head programmer.

I look at the forum every so often, and so does Scrimbles. @-Variant looks at the forums a lot.

Edit: Toroic counts too, he just hasnt been able to do anything due to irl duties. He singlehandedly made the Wolfgang rework which was ported to Uncomp prior to the Wolfgang refresh.

Edited by Canis
  • Like 3
  • Wavey 2
  • Big Ups 1

Is there a consistent way to locate the waterlogged biome? Like the way you can locate the lunar island based on mainland edges.

I know there are 3 of them and they have to be in shallow water but is there a pattern in the world generation that could tell me the general location of any? Or do I keep randomly sail and hope to stumble upon it?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Wurtstool said:

Is there a consistent way to locate the waterlogged biome? Like the way you can locate the lunar island based on mainland edges.

I know there are 3 of them and they have to be in shallow water but is there a pattern in the world generation that could tell me the general location of any? Or do I keep randomly sail and hope to stumble upon it?

From what I understand no but you may have gotten it wrong (or I misunderstood what you said) becouse they can spawn basically anywhere in the ocean and not just in the shallow waters. But the biome itself always has shallow water inside it.

• Like 2

This year was the first year I fully dive deep into Winters Feast, I always dabbled around with it a bit but: This year I actually built fully decorated trees to get gifts from.

and when I got a free Tam’O & Walking Cane from these gifts I went to the internet to find out what all I could find out about WintersFeast.

https://dontstarve.fandom.com/wiki/Winter's_Feast

It is “Interesting” to say the least that I can get the same bundling wrap I would need to fight Bee Queen to unlock, and can get the “Rare end game loot..” You get from killing Dragonfly just by sleeping underneath a fully decorated Christmas Tree.

So then… NOW My Question is why people are so concerned about if Dragonfly’s fight can be scaled down in Health?

I can literally get the gems from sleeping under a Tree.. 

Another thing to note about this is that on Xbox these events can be toggled On/Off at any time, so even after the current WintersFeast ends, I can toggle the event back on for free loot without needing to fight a boss for it.

However: None of that solves my issue with Dragonfly being a health sponge that requires several players or a ton of prep and set up to smack down.

2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

This year was the first year I fully dive deep into Winters Feast, I always dabbled around with it a bit but: This year I actually built fully decorated trees to get gifts from.

and when I got a free Tam’O & Walking Cane from these gifts I went to the internet to find out what all I could find out about WintersFeast.

https://dontstarve.fandom.com/wiki/Winter's_Feast

It is “Interesting” to say the least that I can get the same bundling wrap I would need to fight Bee Queen to unlock, and can get the “Rare end game loot..” You get from killing Dragonfly just by sleeping underneath a fully decorated Christmas Tree.

So then… NOW My Question is why people are so concerned about if Dragonfly’s fight can be scaled down in Health?

I can literally get the gems from sleeping under a Tree.. 

Another thing to note about this is that on Xbox these events can be toggled On/Off at any time, so even after the current WintersFeast ends, I can toggle the event back on for free loot without needing to fight a boss for it.

However: None of that solves my issue with Dragonfly being a health sponge that requires several players or a ton of prep and set up to smack down.

we already have celestial portal and mobs to fight. Bosses only takes"tons of preparation" in your firsts attempts. Also as solo you get all the loot instead of repeating the fight after X days to get your portion

DS bosses are dumb because of their HP

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Fox606 said:

Can Funko Pop codes be redeemed on the same account more than once?

I accidentally bought 2 of the same Funko character and don't know if I should refund

just email both the codes and i should be able to fix it all

Spoiler

this is a joke

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Owlrus said:

What's better for fertilizing berry bushes, Rot or Manure?

I would say manure just because it's more easily accessible via werepigs, but I would also like to suggest guano for when your cave entrance/bat farm gets a little to full from bunny slaughter.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, QuartzBeam said:

Whichever you have more of.

It's mainly just that I have a bunch of lightbulbs and I didn't know if it's technically better to let a werepig turn them into manure or let them rot for my berry bush farm. If they work similar that would be awesome though because I could just let them rot instead of going through the trouble.

1 minute ago, Owlrus said:

It's mainly just that I have a bunch of lightbulbs and I didn't know if it's technically better to let a werepig turn them into manure or let them rot for my berry bush farm. If they work similar that would be awesome though because I could just let them rot instead of going through the trouble.

i might be wrong but for plants all fertilizers are the same. The only difference was for the old farms

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Dark Phoenix said:

I'm new to the forums, what do the reactions mean?

they add to your social credit if your messages exceed your social credit you have been ratioed and will have several punishments these go as far as having you banned from dst to willow burning your house down do not let your social credit go down comrade 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1
  • Sanity 1

1 hour ago, Dark Phoenix said:

Listen up child I will tell you the stories of our people.

Thanks means, arigato gozaimasu.

Haha, means an unironic haha, if you haha but you're not actually haha-ing someone will steal your dog. If you have no dog, the government will assign you a dog, allow you time to love it, and then take the dog away. 

Sad means in your in physical pain but the pain makes you stronger and you bear it to become unstoppable.

Happy hazard means you worship pyrite the daedric prince of diseases.

Ninja means you will one day avenge your dojo and kill the man who killed your sensei. You will go on a journey of disciple and hardship to overcome your burden and become the ultimate ninja.

Health means someone's comment made your heart go doki-doki.

Hunger means you get indigestion when you eat spicy food. Give this reaction if someone's opinion gave you indigestion.

Sanity means ideas go brrrrrrrrr. Mike is the ultimate master of this and they say that if you stand near him and stay very silent you can hear a helicopter playing with a fidget spinner.

Spools means you're in the Italian Mafia and you're here to collect.

Wavey means the monster under your bed is reacting. If you see a wavey react that you didn't give then you're gonna die and should move out asap. 

Shopcat means stonks, if you're gonna invest in someone, give shopcat for possible gains or loses.

Big up means you're an Irish man in 1919 fighting for independence from british forces. Everytime you give this react it is customary to also yell "Freedom!" as loud as physically possible.

Sad dupe means someone duped you out of your lunch money. It is also the more classy of the two sad reacts.

Potato cup is a holy react. If you use it you must be prepared to give Nome the God of the potato cup your first born.

Like is a fake Doki Doki and if you use it you will be judged by a council who will decide your fate.

Edited by HowlVoid
  • Haha 1
  • Health 1
  • Sanity 1

9 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

Listen up child I will tell you the stories of our people.

Thanks means, arigato gozaimasu.

Haha, means an unironic haha, if you haha but you're not actually haha-ing someone will steal your dog. If you have no dog, the government will assign you a dog, allow you time to love it, and then take the dog away. 

Sad means in your in physical pain but the pain makes you stronger and you bear it to become unstoppable.

Happy hazard means you worship pyrite the daedric prince of diseases.

Ninja means you will one day avenge your dojo and kill the man who killed your sensei. You will go on a journey of disciple and hardship to overcome your burden and become the ultimate ninja.

Health means someone's comment made your heart go doki-doki.

Hunger means you get indigestion when you eat spicy food. Give this reaction if someone's opinion gave you indigestion.

Sanity means ideas go brrrrrrrrr. Mike is the ultimate master of this and they say that if you stand near him and stay very silent you can hear a helicopter playing with a fidget spinner.

Spools means you're in the Italian Mafia and you're here to collect.

Wavey means the monster under your bed is reacting. If you see a wavey react that you didn't give then you're gonna die and should move out asap. 

Shopcat means stonks, if you're gonna invest in someone, give shopcat for possible gains or loses.

Big up means your an Irish man in 1919 fighting for independence from british forces. Everytime you give this react it is customary to also yell "Freedom!" as loud as physically possible.

Sad dupe means someone duped you out of your lunch money. It is also the more classy of the two sad reacts.

Potato cup is a holy react. If you use it you must be prepared to give Nome the God of the potato cup your first born.

Like is a fake Doki Doki and if you use it you will be judged by a council who will decide your fate.

There is one we do not speak of.

Banished from this kingdom long ago.

For use in time of confusion, quickly turned into hatred.

Used for the ability to dislike.

Do not bear it's name, or be in a state of confusion for all eternity. 

• Haha 1
  • Ninja 1

3 hours ago, Dark Phoenix said:

They're just pictures. Their meaning is up to the interpretation of whoever is giving it. In general they all mean "I like this post", for the most part.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Potato Cup 1

On 1/13/2022 at 9:58 PM, Dark Phoenix said:

They pretty much show you what a person thinks about your post, and it will add to your total reputation (the green thing shows your total reputation, it's located above the number of posts you have)