Questions that don't deserve their own thread.

2 hours ago, BezKa said:

Buttons can get stuck in DST, especially after alt-tab, and you can't attack while moving, so your character kept reacting to the constantly pressed F when you weren't moving it around. The way to fix it is just press the button again. 

It happens to me all the time, but with screen rotation buttons. I come back to the game and there's a carousel

Happens to me all the time in single player DS with some directional key getting stuck, causing to walk my character in one direction or flashing between options in the menu until i furiously smack several buttons multiple times. Actually that bug got me an entire world deleted once, since the selection jumped to delete the moment I left-clicked...

• Sad 1

On 12/20/2021 at 3:02 PM, ArubaroBeefalo said:

you only get one when you were suppose yo receive a common tier skin so, if you didnt got any, might be because you got >classie tier skins

It just feels so weird because the one time I am not flooded with commons is when they would be something I want :( I literally got Warly's Chefcoat TWICE since WF started... spools are nice, but pls, just give me one chest

Also, is Wickerbottom really unable to get any gifts from the tree since she can't sleep? Getting knocked out would probably not last long enough, right?

• Big Ups 1

4 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

How many hours do I need to play total to get all of the drops?

I've played over 2000 and still don't have 100% of the commons, uncommons, etc. Tho I'm pretty close. Got tons of doubles on the way, but I bought all the character specific skins and some of the belongings, so I don't know how much I'd have from just drops. 

The answer is: a lot, unless you have perfect luck and get every item exactly once. Then that's math and I'm too tired for that cheers 

57 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

What even are all drops? All commons and classies? That, but also every theme set? Everything released until now? Plus every possible Winter's Feast Combo? Any item that will ever be until this game is finished in 2050? So many possibilities!

1 hour ago, HowlVoid said:

Depends on the luck of your drops and the frequency of your play. If you play a lot and get all 8 drops a week you'll get more drops per time passed, but if you play little and only get the first few drops from each week you'll get more drops per time spent playing.

Closest thing I can give as an answer is "a lot". Probably 4 or 5 digits.

2 hours ago, BezKa said:

I've played over 2000 and still don't have 100% of the commons, uncommons, etc. Tho I'm pretty close. Got tons of doubles on the way, but I bought all the character specific skins and some of the belongings, so I don't know how much I'd have from just drops. 

The answer is: a lot, unless you have perfect luck and get every item exactly once. Then that's math and I'm too tired for that cheers 

2 hours ago, Falkenpelz said:

What even are all drops? All commons and classies? That, but also every theme set? Everything released until now? Plus every possible Winter's Feast Combo? Any item that will ever be until this game is finished in 2050? So many possibilities!

1 hour ago, Cheggf said:

Depends on the luck of your drops and the frequency of your play. If you play a lot and get all 8 drops a week you'll get more drops per time passed, but if you play little and only get the first few drops from each week you'll get more drops per time spent playing.

Closest thing I can give as an answer is "a lot". Probably 4 or 5 digits.

Sorry I wasn't more clear guys, totally my fault. I mean hours in a week to get the total 8 weekly gifts. How many for the first, seconds etc. I heard it's 1 hour between each gift, but I played for an hour and didn't get another gift to drop, so was wondering what the real answer is. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Oyrx said:

Does sleeping near multiple decorated winter's feast trees yield more presents?

Yes, but only one is big. You essentially get one good present, and coal everywhere else. But it serves as nice decoration. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, BezKa said:

Yes, but only one is big. You essentially get one good present, and coal everywhere else. But it serves as nice decoration. 

I actually rebuilt and moved my winters feast tree area last night to increase it from 3 to 6 trees and make it look a little nicer. I have 5 fully decorated trees and 1 with only two ornaments (so far, the other spots are for CC ornaments), I slept nearby and got 6 presents of coal/food..with no big present with nicer stuff. I'm 90% sure I hadn't slept in the old area within 4 in game days so not sure why I didn't get a big present. I'll do more testing later but is there any limit or anything or something that can prevent you from getting a big present??

Something quite odd happened the other day while playing with a friend. Spring had ended like 3 or 4 days before, so we headed to Antlion to kill him. Once we got close to him, the sandstorm suddenly stopped and it began raining heavily, Antlion had despawned and the bright summer filter went away (basically the game pulled back to Spring several days after it ended). We were really weirded out by this, we stayed around to see if anything changed. We then headed back to base and after a while the rain stopped and normal summer resumed (and went back to the desert and killed Antlion normally).

I am pretty sure this was just a bug, but maybe someone else has experienced it as well?

9 minutes ago, Maybe a dog said:

Something quite odd happened the other day while playing with a friend. Spring had ended like 3 or 4 days before, so we headed to Antlion to kill him. Once we got close to him, the sandstorm suddenly stopped and it began raining heavily, Antlion had despawned and the bright summer filter went away (basically the game pulled back to Spring several days after it ended). We were really weirded out by this, we stayed around to see if anything changed. We then headed back to base and after a while the rain stopped and normal summer resumed (and went back to the desert and killed Antlion normally).

I am pretty sure this was just a bug, but maybe someone else has experienced it as well?

when it rains, the desert gets set back to its normal state. once the ground has dried up again the sandstorm will restart & antlion will respawn (unless it's already been killed), fireflies at the oasis lake will also respawn if you've captured them. summer rains aren't common but they can occur, freaked me out the first time it happened to me too haha.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, GelatinousCube said:

I actually rebuilt and moved my winters feast tree area last night to increase it from 3 to 6 trees and make it look a little nicer. I have 5 fully decorated trees and 1 with only two ornaments (so far, the other spots are for CC ornaments), I slept nearby and got 6 presents of coal/food..with no big present with nicer stuff. I'm 90% sure I hadn't slept in the old area within 4 in game days so not sure why I didn't get a big present. I'll do more testing later but is there any limit or anything or something that can prevent you from getting a big present??

I don't think so? My tree area has over 15 trees and they all get visited if I sleep near the middle. There are still big presents around them, and they even spawn under different trees every time I sleep there. 

My best bet is you just miscalculated the days of sleeping, or, if you play with someone they had a nap instead. I think the cooldown is for all players but I'm not sure? 

After you've done some tests, let me know how it worked out? 

• Like 1

So in 3 Wanda skins (Default, Guest of Honor & Merrymaker) she has a watch/clock on her head. When she ages wearing her default skin, the watch shows a later time than her previous age: 2:00 at a young age, 3:10 at a middle age, 11:00 at an old age. But in the other 2 skins the watch/clock doesn't change. Is this just a thing they gave up on while designing her skins? lol

• Like 2

14 hours ago, reallychina said:

I never paid attention to this event.. how many trees can i receive presents from in a single night solo? And is it worth it?

17 hours ago, BezKa said:

16 hours ago, BezKa said:

My tree area has over 15 trees and they all get visited if I sleep near the middle.

I don't know the limit. The small presents never have anything interesting inside, just some coal and candy. If you need the coal then sure, but otherwise one tree is enough.

5 hours ago, BezKa said:

I don't know the limit. The small presents never have anything interesting inside, just some coal and candy. If you need the coal then sure, but otherwise one tree is enough.

Thank you. But if 2 players are online, theres still one big present per 4 day cycle?

7 minutes ago, Nino123 said:

Hi. Is there a way to have the past  "Year of..." statues plans ? All of them in a same game (and this is a world i ´m already playning in).

In the world settings, you can change the event taking place in the world to your liking. I think that should do it.

4 minutes ago, Nino123 said:

Hi. Is there a way to have the past  "Year of..." statues plans ? All of them in a same game (and this is a world i ´m already playning in).

As of March 2020 you can turn back on old events in already created worlds, you can also turn off times of day, seasons, hound waves, how often or how little creatures spawn- the only thing you can NOT change after generating a world is world Gen itself

(you can pick for example: Catcoons to More, which will have more of them spawn more often from their Catcoon Den.. but you can NOT increase the amount of Dens they spawn from after your world has already been generated.)

I feel like people get these mixed up: You CAN change some settings after generating a world.