Questions that don't deserve their own thread.

49 minutes ago, herding dog said:

Is there something clever one can do with the Imprisoned Pig set piece? Something similar to how you can do a sort of pig farm with the developer's graveyard set piece? 

imprisoned pig, the one with the unbreakable basalt around it?

You can place a telelocator focus in there, and keep certain mobs (& some bosses) inside.

18 hours ago, HumanBean150 said:

imprisoned pig, the one with the unbreakable basalt around it?

You can place a telelocator focus in there, and keep certain mobs (& some bosses) inside.

Right that's the one. I know I can trap mobs or bosses in there - I guess I'm wondering if there' another use for it outside of that? Can I use it to farm some resource?

1 hour ago, herding dog said:

Right that's the one. I know I can trap mobs or bosses in there - I guess I'm wondering if there' another use for it outside of that? Can I use it to farm some resource?

Only resource I can think of would be a hound farm, making use of a trapped varg.

A couple of houndius shootiuses should also let you cheese certain bosses.

Among multiple Crawling Nightmares that were following me, one tried to bite me once, then stopped to look at me, went 'hell no' and just turned the other way. Did I maybe make a bad impression or was he just being rude?

Edited by Falkenpelz
  • Haha 4

11 minutes ago, Falkenpelz said:

Among multiple Crawling Nightmares that were following me, one tried to bite me once, then stopped to look at me, went 'hell no' and just turned the other way. Did I maybe make a bad impression or was he just being rude?

Your sanity probably went back up beyond its attacking threshold: they won’t attack you unless below a certain sanity percentage, it’s always funny because after it has chased & tried to kill me & then it stops attacking me/being attack-able: I picture my character throwing rocks at it yelling “Yeah, you didn’t want none of this, run away you coward!”

Edited by Mike23Ua

48 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Your sanity probably went back up beyond its attacking threshold: they won’t attack you unless below a certain sanity percentage, it’s always funny because after it has chased & tried to kill me & then it stops attacking me/being attack-able: I picture my character throwing rocks at it yelling “Yeah, you didn’t want none of this, run away you coward!”

This was entirely a joke question of mine xD

(Crawling Nightmares always attack you, independent from sanity)

• Like 1

On 12/13/2021 at 2:33 AM, Wardin25 said:

ffor no reason in particular, could i have the new wolfgang menu without the menu overlay (or whatever you call it). I wish for pure communist/jjba wallpaper

On 12/11/2021 at 4:16 AM, DST_LSJ said:
  • wolfgang_wimpy_bg
      Reveal hidden contents

wolfgang_wimpy_bg.thumb.png.68c3933f3cdfa59e72a30cfcb9e2da0c.png

• wolfgang_mid_bg
      Reveal hidden contents

wolfgang_mid_bg.thumb.png.723a716ab46417c0e98d4376f88e1c63.png

• wolfgang_mighty_bg
      Reveal hidden contents

wolfgang_mighty_bg.thumb.png.a5033eb4b5873e2af646a52bae08a561.png

On 12/11/2021 at 6:57 AM, Instant-Noodles said:

Main Menu Animation - Wimpy / Normal / Mighty (Note: Large Files)

Reveal hidden contents

dst_menu_wolfgang-wimpy.thumb.gif.c3aff1c10423e13a3858be101c08746d.gif

dst_menu_wolfgang-mid.thumb.gif.4f3fd84bf8458bdbd80efea2977e3308.gif

dst_menu_wolfgang-mighty.thumb.gif.143147457cd5cd9bc298c5971f683117.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Falkenpelz said:

Do fireflies regenerate?

3 at oasis per year (more if you do raining shenanigans) and a lot in the waterlogged biomes

4 minutes ago, Falkenpelz said:

And what light effects plantgrowth besides dwarf stars? Polar light? Fireflies? Sinkhole lights? Nightmare light? A simple fire?

i might be wrong but i think only dwarf stars and sinhole lights (which idk how works in only night worlds)

Playing Wolfgang has officially made me hate boss fights in this game.. not because the fights are too hard as Wolfgang, but rather the exact opposite: they end up being a “Wait that’s it?!” Feeling for me when Wolfgang kills the Boss in a literal matter of a minute or so, where as when play as Wendy or Wurt it takes me at least 3+ game day to kill them.

this leads me to my question: is the design intent of DST for me to swap characters via the Celestial portal & then just quickly kill these bosses as Wolfgang?

Most the time I feel like swapping characters is cheating, but after the persistent 2x damage, Wolfgang actually makes tedious highly annoying fights Short… but Enjoyable without all the added frustration.

Edited by Mike23Ua

1 hour ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

then why do you want less hp on bosses?:wilson_laugh:

Easy answer, because I don’t want to always switch to Wolfgang to deal with them. But- my question was is character swapping a feature Klei intends for us to actually use? I was always under the impression that you pick a character you stick with that character in a world: but if the character swapping is INTENDED well then that changes the entire foundation of the game.. that would mean a whole bunch of things:

Like the amount of water gliding spiders that bombard your tiny little boat in the Water Logged biome is because your supposed to be Webber in this instance, Dragonfly having 27500 hp is because your meant to cut it in half as Wolfgang..

I mean: I always thought content was designed with the intent of everyone being able to access it, obviously in Multiplayer players could split up tasks between who does what based on what they do best.

BUT that would then mean that when playing Solo: I’m supposed to swap between all these characters and do each task as that character.

This really is a puzzling conundrum, because if that’s the case as in being the real way Klei designs stuff around, then: I’ve been playing Solo in all the wrong ways.

Edited by Mike23Ua

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

I mean: I always thought content was designed with the intent of everyone being able to access it, obviously in Multiplayer players could split up tasks between who does what based on what they do best.

BUT that would then mean that when playing Solo: I’m supposed to swap between all these characters and do each task as that character.

This really is a puzzling conundrum, because if that’s the case as in being the real way Klei designs stuff around, then: I’ve been playing Solo in all the wrong ways.

The content is designed both for multiplayer and solo. Multiplayer, bosses go down much easier but the same amount of loot is dropped so you gotta share or take down the boss multiple times for Every one to get the crafting recipe drop. Every single bit of content in the game is doable (source: I've done it all) solo and you get each and every drop, resource and material to yourself making survival against elements, hunger etc much easier.

Who says you have to swap characters? Yes certain characters are better at certain tasks but that's sort of the entire point of different characters, depending on which aspect of the game you enjoy or may struggle with or want to be easier can and generally does influence what character someone may pick. Half the fun and challenge for many is doing something your character doesn't excel at or struggles with but overcoming it anyway. Or if you want things to be super easy just constantly swap to whatever character is best for your next planned task. 

The game is designed around both multi player and solo (obviously leaning more towards multi though) and there is no right or wrong way to play solo. Every character can do just about anything (except Moonstorm with woodie.. which to me feels very unfair) in the game given enough determination/skill/extra armor/time/preparation.

Unless you want every character to be identical with no perks or downsides I don't really get what you're even trying to say to be honest? But no the game is not designed for you to change characters constantly depending on what task you have planned next however you can do that if you wish. Like the majority of games these days it is designed for you to play HOW YOU want to play it.

• Thanks 1

Any suggestions/ideas for what to do with a plethora of extra living logs if I already have a crazy amount of dark swords, mushroom planters at every base and outpost and a totally normal tree spooky forest already set up? Seriously don't know what to do with all these living logs and I can't keep storing them indefinitely.. getting to the point where I'm gonna need to start using them as fuel or something D:

12 minutes ago, GelatinousCube said:

Any suggestions/ideas for what to do with a plethora of extra living logs if I already have a crazy amount of dark swords, mushroom planters at every base and outpost and a totally normal tree spooky forest already set up? Seriously don't know what to do with all these living logs and I can't keep storing them indefinitely.. getting to the point where I'm gonna need to start using them as fuel or something D:

Craft some telelocators and teleport every mosquito away from the swamp and every frog away from their ponds.

Drink pond water, commit not alive. 

3 hours ago, GelatinousCube said:

burn them and enjoy their screams of agony

• Like 2

So.

IF BERNIE! taunts hostile nightmare creatures when Willow is insane...

BUT Bone Helm induces insanity and prevents nightmare creatures from attacking the player (neutral).

THEN you can summon BERNIE! with the Bone Helm without nightmare creatures attacking him? Or will BERNIE! keep taunting them?

• Potato Cup 1

I was deeply worried that Klei would discontinue DST and just be like “okay we’re done no more updates” but then.. the announcement of a Nintendo Switch edition (releasing next year) has made me excited again- Why stop that content train rolling when Nintendo will literally just be getting the game?! So there’s hope for many more years of DST content yet!

What would you guys like to see in the “Long-Term” for DST?

for me my list goes as follows:

#1 Now that the game is on every platform (minus mobile) Cross-Platform Play.

2# Compatibility with the Shipwrecked and Hamlet DLC so I can play as Walani in a Hamlet world or something and enjoy all the skins I have purchased while playing with friends without having to forgo my skin collection or my friends to enjoy Hamlet & Shipwreckeds biomes mobs & playable characters.

#3 A more fleshed out truly Next Gen Version of the game meant to take full advantage of the Series X/S & PlayStation 5 consoles instead of being held back by what the PS4 and Xbox One versions are capable of.. larger worlds, more mobs, more visual detail with new ideas like elevations in land utilized that sort of stuff.

#4 A more fleshed out less boring ocean (I guess this could be part of #3 but I was thinking ocean waves, wildlife spawning dens, unique set pieces scattered about etc..

Lastly #5 a way of turning Gorge & Forge into permanent gameplay content, without Klei having to occur the costs to run its servers (like just let players host them as a type of game mode or event world settings or something to that effect.)

Thats my list 5 of Long-Term wants, but what are yours?

Edited by Mike23Ua
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

-snip

those are some unrealistic hopes, my guy:lol:

but me personally I just want one thing, just one

for them to work on improving split screen a little more 

that's it, not something gigantic, just some appreciation for those who play split screen