Questions that don't deserve their own thread.

On 12/18/2021 at 12:38 PM, DelroyBM said:

So.

IF BERNIE! taunts hostile nightmare creatures when Willow is insane...

BUT Bone Helm induces insanity and prevents nightmare creatures from attacking the player (neutral).

THEN you can summon BERNIE! with the Bone Helm without nightmare creatures attacking him? Or will BERNIE! keep taunting them?

Unfortunately, bernie still taunts the shadow creatures, and because there are usually more terrorbeaks than usual that spawn from the bone helm, it's not a very effective strategy. 

2 hours ago, HumanBean150 said:

Unfortunately, bernie still taunts the shadow creatures, and because there are usually more terrorbeaks than usual that spawn from the bone helm, it's not a very effective strategy. 

So if you see a Willow with Bernie out you can teamkill him by putting the crown on you say.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hey, I've heard that it is a known issue at the moment that some people didn't receive a Winter's Feast chest on log in and now I am confused. Are you actually supposed to get at least one for sure for first log in during the feast? Is there any comment from the devs on this or did I just hear false rumor? I haven't gotten any chest until now and I already had 9 gifts since feast start :(

18 minutes ago, Falkenpelz said:

Hey, I've heard that it is a known issue at the moment that some people didn't receive a Winter's Feast chest on log in and now I am confused. Are you actually supposed to get at least one for sure for first log in during the feast? Is there any comment from the devs on this or did I just hear false rumor? I haven't gotten any chest until now and I already had 9 gifts since feast start :(

It's a false rumor I think, you have a chance at getting a chest among your drops. Some people lucked out and got one first try which I believe led to the wrong assumption that you were supposed to get one. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Falkenpelz said:

you only get one when you were suppose yo receive a common tier skin so, if you didnt got any, might be because you got >classie tier skins

2 hours ago, prettynuggets said:

why warly in constant again ? anyone know ? 

Most likely got promised his Mom will remember him. As he got swiped to the Constant, his mother realised he was gone so in some way, she did remember. 

6 minutes ago, BezKa said:

Most likely got promised his Mom will remember him. As he got swiped to the Constant, his mother realised he was gone so in some way, she did remember. 

probably i think something like that too  ... after rewatching his short multiple times... its seems he willingly to go back to constant ?  (after escaping SW) when found out that recipe he polished in SW is not good enough to make his mother remember much about him ? thats why at the end of video when his mother forgets, that gramaphone acting weird ...  and he disappear .. maybe he back to the constant to polish his food more to bring back his maman memories of him?  (but he got to dst world instead)?

man i just love warly and his back story . but there is just a lil info of his lore .. while the short is too emotional to rewatch multiple times XD

1 minute ago, prettynuggets said:

after escaping SW

I doubt he ever escaped. He just ended up in SW first, then just like other survivors got into the shared world of DST. 

Warly's story is extremely sad, that's true... And he is a good person, I'm pretty convinced he didn't think much when he got offered a way to make his mom remember. Considering he dropped his job in France to go back home and take care of his mother, it must have been easy to trick him into the deal. 

I hope we get more info about him, he is a very interesting character 

• Like 4

hmm i still think RoG DS and DST is a different constant . well its different game XD 
warly brought back to dst (since there way to finish game in ds and survive)

maybe thats why in short he is back to his maman house ? make her taste his SW food? but its only effect like a second ? then disappear again ?

13 minutes ago, QuartzBeam said:

He never left the Constant in the first place. He just sailed from the tropical archipelago (SW) to the temperate forest (RoG/DST).

12 minutes ago, BezKa said:

I doubt he ever escaped

image.thumb.png.ff67d20438ddbc9be8d335fe9340e320.png

using teleportato actually make u escape (thegamelitteralysaidso) . but u can choose to continue anyway (or leave your burden to another character  XD )
maybe same as this context warly can escape. and when back to his maman, he know his food is not good enough he tried to polish his food and get stuck forever in loop of dst instead XD 

lmao i jst put things together 
just my thought and imagination to fit the pieces .. from that short video and these things ...

20 minutes ago, prettynuggets said:

hmm i still think RoG DS and DST is a different constant . well its different game XD 
warly brought back to dst (since there way to finish game in ds and survive)

maybe thats why in short he is back to his maman house ? make her taste his SW food? but its only effect like a second ? then disappear again ?

image.thumb.png.ff67d20438ddbc9be8d335fe9340e320.png

using teleportato actually make u escape (thegamelitteralysaidso) . but u can choose to continue anyway (or leave your burden to another character  XD )
maybe same as this context warly can escape. and when back to his maman, he know his food is not good enough he tried to polish his food and get stuck forever in loop of dst instead XD 

lmao i jst put things together 
just my thought and imagination to fit the pieces .. from that short video and these things ...

because the one in the throne can redo that worlds, is like having godlike powers and playing doing many big bans to compare how each one evolves*. Atleast is how was explained having random world gen back in the day

the portal maxwell and wilson made, and charlie hacked, linked those worlds into one

btw, we can see in SW's trailer which means he reach somehow other continent? but that would be weird since the moon falling changed the ocean currents making the sea more calm (but all of this can be just klei messing the lore...)

*plus having the control of changing things as wish like we see in adventure mode where maxwell change the world to make it harder

also i dont think the teleportato makes you scape, it makes you scape of that world but not of the contant

Edited by ArubaroBeefalo

Guys why does Wendy have a synergy with a Beefalo that makes it so she’s better permanently mounted to a Beefalo?? Since we’re nerfing Wolfgang & most likely WX78, can we Nerf Wendy too??

I like Wendy because of her inspection quotes, voice sound, skins, and interactions with ghosts- I don’t need her to also be permanently mounted to a Fuzzy companion (although my Beef is cute :wilson_love:)

I think Wendy’s petal buff should only work for her if she herself is helping her Sister in fights, so get rid of the most likely unintended Permanent Beefalo perk.. & maybe make it so that Wendy/Abigail does more damage the closer they are to each other (and less damage the further apart they are away) 

Kinda like the two twins fighting extra hard to protect the other.

But if the Beefalo thing is INTENDED can someone at Klei please explain why??

I mean- do Wendy/Abigail find the Boof adorable and fuzzy so they fight harder to keep it alive? Considering Wendy’s quote for Glommer… highly unlikely.

4 minutes ago, BezKa said:

I think teleportato makes you escape only the one world you were in. After all, it just takes you to another world.

18 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

also i dont think the teleportato makes you scape, it makes you scape of that world but not of the contant

yeah im aware that "game ways" teleportato sending you back and to continue the game anyway . he might can escape by sacrifice another char to be in his place XD (we neverknow) since the time in constant and in real life run in different way 
or maybe its just a temporary .once again im just putting together pieces from the video and all asset that we can find in game XD

image.png.1a95d89fa4ff3099042be9aeed2c5b04.png

sad warly 

image.png.e0abf1f859e3287bd5f8f4943b0d744a.png

2 hours ago, QuartzBeam said:

He never left the Constant in the first place. He just sailed from the tropical archipelago (SW) to the temperate forest (RoG/DST).

Sailed? Wouldn't he have been transported through the Jury Rigged Portal that Wilson & Maxwell built?

7 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

Sailed? Wouldn't he have been transported through the Jury Rigged Portal that Wilson & Maxwell built?

his announcement text says:

ship has dashed upon the shores of the island and our survivors have recovered a new member to add to their team; Warly!

Spoiler

if you don't believe me heres the link to the article 

Edited by CatchySong
  • Like 1

Just now, CatchySong said:

his announcement text says:

ship has dashed upon the shores of the island and our survivors have recovered a new member to add to their team; Warly!

Reveal hidden contents

if you don't believe me heres the link to the article 

Yet people keep telling me Shipwrecked content has no place in DST :wilson_cry: I should “in theory atleast” be able to sail to SW biomes!

• Big Ups 2

How the heck am I supposed to successfully mine Rock stacks in the ocean? You hit them with a Pickaxe and all the rocks just sink to the ocean floor, you run into them with a boat and you damage the boat.. there’s really just not an effective way to gather rocks from them unless I’m doing it wrong..

help!

3 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

How the heck am I supposed to successfully mine Rock stacks in the ocean? You hit them with a Pickaxe and all the rocks just sink to the ocean floor, you run into them with a boat and you damage the boat.. there’s really just not an effective way to gather rocks from them unless I’m doing it wrong..

help!

A lazy collector (the orange gem amulet) or whatever might be able to grab them before they reach the ocean, but don't take this as fact.

6 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

help!

For the most part you break them because they're in the way, not because you want rocks. 

• Like 3
  • Sanity 1

So I've just set a new personal record in dying as fast as I can on a public server thanks to a weird bug(?): my character started attacking the nearest enemy every time I wasn't moving, like somehow the game thought i'm holding F the entire time.

Has anyone of you seen anything like this?

(My first thought that it might be a client mod's fault, but it takes time to play around with those, so I thought I ask here first, just in case.)

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

help!

Usually, I just run my boat into them.

There's a certain amount of speed that will break sea stacks and salt stacks instantly, but won't leave a hole in your boat.

It could take a bit of practice though, so try it out with some boat patches at hand.

The boat will go under the rocks before they fall, and you'll get a couple more rocks this way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, vorti said:

Has anyone of you seen anything like this?

Buttons can get stuck in DST, especially after alt-tab, and you can't attack while moving, so your character kept reacting to the constantly pressed F when you weren't moving it around. The way to fix it is just press the button again. 

It happens to me all the time, but with screen rotation buttons. I come back to the game and there's a carousel

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1