Questions that don't deserve their own thread.

9 hours ago, HowlVoid said:

Can someone check real quick

Do wet fire nettles keep them from hurting you

Or

A wet character keeps them from being hurt by fire nettles?

image.thumb.png.aefc1f3551d34e341ca701ba05af16c0.png

wet character wet nettle: safe

wet character dry nettle: not safe

dry character wet nettle: safe

aparently only matters the nettle

i have a question, how to stop this prompt from showing?image.thumb.png.7861c8e9c5d8c4be41e30662a1758c0d.png

("jogar" means play)

happens when i start the game, it asks if i want to use 32 bit version or 64 bit. it is only one button, i've ignored it for some time, but its been happening since the 64bit version came out and it's starting to get annoying

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, VouMorrer said:

I have a question, how to stop this prompt from showing?image.thumb.png.7861c8e9c5d8c4be41e30662a1758c0d.png

("jogar" means play)

happens when i start the game, it asks if i want to use 32 bit version or 64 bit. it is only one button, i've ignored it for some time, but its been happening since the 64bit version came out and it's starting to get annoying

You get rid of that prompt by convincing Klei that since the vast majority of users in 2021 are capable of running 64 bit applications they should get rid of that prompt and instead relocate the option to change it into the in-game menu and configuration file in the game's directory. Of course they are unlikely to agree that a minority should have to troubleshoot why the game isn't opening just so the majority have one less button press.

You could also try convincing Steam to let you just always use the default option because you can already easily access the others through the context menu.

Neither of those are realistic so the real solution is nothing. As far as I'm aware if you're launching the game through the library you have to get that box. A desktop shortcut bypasses the box, I think. So actually you might be able to try making a desktop shortcut and seeing if Steam lets you make that a non-Steam game.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, VouMorrer said:

i have a question, how to stop this prompt from showing?image.thumb.png.7861c8e9c5d8c4be41e30662a1758c0d.png

("jogar" means play)

25 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

or instead of making drama you can simply do one of these things:

1)right click on the game in the library list--->properties--->general--->launch options--->type '-64bit' without the quotes.

Source: 1st steam forum link i found in google by searching "steam force game launch 64 bits"

2)again right click in the game in the library--->properties--->local files--->browse--->bin64--->right click on 'dontstarve_steamx64.exe"--->send to--->create shortcut

now you will have a shortcut that you can move where you please and will launch the 64bits version without asking

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, SecretPizzaMan said:

What was the confusion react and why was it removed?

It was removed because unpopular opinions got spammed with confused emotes lol and they didnt contribute to the 5 reacts -> hearted post thing. 

i miss it though….. some posts just call for it  :lol:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Big Ups 1

I'm having my Hamlet phase again, so here it goes:

Do dug up and replanted nettles take longer to fully open? Does the jungle canopy effect the wetness increase from rain in any way? I feel like nettles are just trolling me at this point, they seem to stay at the second last bloom stage forever.. is there any way to speed up the usual sprinkler-growth process (besides being Wicker)?

sorry for the delay in the reply.

i've tested and the '-64bit' in the game launch options dont work, but creating a shortcut and opening from it does.

i've also tested to type the .exe 's path in the launch options box but it didnt work either (works in other games).

anyway, thanks for the answers, it is just one extra button so is not that important.

On 1/16/2022 at 5:14 PM, VouMorrer said:

("jogar" means play)

KLei had implemented for a short time the auto-launch of their 64-bit DST version (for 64-bit OSs), yet it backfired: it seems in a quite the number of cases said 64-bit exe doesn't work (again, under 64-bit architecture), at all. So an interesting and sad precedent happened: some people (me included) couldn't play the game anymore - for some strange reason, making a shortcut for the 32-bit or accessing it in its folder directly would have same result as auto-starting from Steam the 64 one: auto-crash without any error message. Hence, if the issue is still present (and for me that's the case, the 64-bit exe isn't working at all), and if what you ask would be re-implemented, for people like me would mark the end of playing DST. At least for you, you can just click once more. For me and others is... smiling at the moon.

Couple Questions to ask:

Does Wanda still take aging damage while riding on a Beefalo? I would automatically assume the answer to this is No, since like when Wes is riding Beefalo have their own Hps & passive healing.

Can Wolfgang’s Gembells be Deconstructed to get back the purple Gem and re-craft the Gembell at 100% durability?

Can you increase the light radius of the deck Illuminator with some sort of upgrade or better fuel placed inside?

Is there any way (besides Strident Trident) to gather items in small streams too small for the boat cookie to reach but to far away to just gather as your character?

Is the only way to obtain an extra adorable larvae from a % chance after fighting Dragonfly or is there an unknown of easier method? (I like him/her they are cute.. but I do not like fighting Dragonfly with a chance to obtain them..)

Lastly is there any way to remove Antlion sinkhole boulders that unfortunately collapse right into the freaking walk way of one of your cave entrance/exits or am I just completely out of luck here?

33 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Does Wanda still take aging damage while riding on a Beefalo? I would automatically assume the answer to this is No, since like when Wes is riding Beefalo have their own Hps & passive healing

she works on a beefalo like every other character

33 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Can Wolfgang’s Gembells be Deconstructed to get back the purple Gem and re-craft the Gembell at 100% durability?

i dont think wasting green gems to get purple gems is worth in any scenario

34 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Can you increase the light radius of the deck Illuminator with some sort of upgrade or better fuel placed inside?

nope, there arent more upgrades than the shown in the seafaring tab

35 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Is there any way (besides Strident Trident) to gather items in small streams too small for the boat cookie to reach but to far away to just gather as your character?

gnarwail horns or orange amulets

36 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Is the only way to obtain an extra adorable larvae from a % chance after fighting Dragonfly or is there an unknown of easier method? (I like him/her they are cute.. but I do not like fighting Dragonfly with a chance to obtain them..)

it has a small chance of dropping from the boss drop bundle from klaus. With winter feast and being easier than dragonfly could help you

37 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Lastly is there any way to remove Antlion sinkhole boulders that unfortunately collapse right into the freaking walk way of one of your cave entrance/exits or am I just completely out of luck here?

they are statues so you can simply move them

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

All items that contain gems don't drop them when deconstructed. (The deconstruction staff "breaks" them since you can hear a shattering noise when preforming the action.)

Edited by UbiAnomaly
  • Like 7

5 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

Why are the frogs so aggressive in this game? I never understood it. I get most of the jokes but never figured out why the frogs hunt me down.

they arent agressive, they just find you delicious and want to lick you all. Isnt their fault if you die because of their tongues

• Haha 2

Any ETA on when WintersFeast will officially end? I was hoping to get one more skin during this years WintersFeast but unfortunately Luck & my Odds are not in my favor this year..

the skins I wanted are These:

I was hoping these would be purchaseable or weaveable or offered on the Klei rewards page this year during WintersFeast but unfortunately they aren’t.. and the only way for me to get them is to pray to the RNG gods they drop in one of my WintersFeast gifts before WintersFeast ends.

Which considering that the game won’t let me play it (I DM’d JoeW about this & have yet to get a response) It’s not looking like I’ll be able to have my final chances to earn these. :( 

4 hours ago, Spino43 said:

What are the ways to get a pig out of its' house in the ruins? (Any place without the light holes).

One method I use is torch+ice flingo/watering cans, but are there other ways?

You could use star caller staves to ignite it if you want to be forced to stay nearby until the star extinguishes or you commit suicide to quell the star as a ghost.

On 1/19/2022 at 6:09 PM, Cheggf said:

Why are the frogs so aggressive in this game? I never understood it. I get most of the jokes but never figured out why the frogs hunt me down.

Sometimes you can walk past the frog literally touching them and they won't bat an eye, other times you can be in a within 1 km radius of the frog and it would hunt you down as if you offended them, their entire extended family, their species and all life on constant. It depends on how much time you spend around a frog.

Edited by SecretPizzaMan
  • Haha 2

Is there a way to increase the number of Mossy Vine's hanging from an Above-Average Tree Trunk? Is it capped at three or four like it says in the Wiki? I think I saw a screenshot with lots of them hanging from a single tree trunk.

On 1/18/2022 at 9:06 AM, ArubaroBeefalo said:
On 1/18/2022 at 8:28 AM, Mike23Ua said:

gnarwail horns or orange amulets

Wait what does the gnarwail horn do on it's own?? I thought it was just a crafting ingredient?