Questions that don't deserve their own thread.

Just now, ShadowQueen said:

Because it's defending the Mysterious Energy summoned by all 3 alters

its spelt altar while alter is spelt with an e because they alter things and we see maxwell find the name alter when we go in the archives aka a place of archives of the moon. alter means to change things what has lunar power been doing? altering things. spiders birds hounds pengulls mushtrees literal rocks alter=the moon

How does Salt Lick works?

I bonded a beefalo with the bell and fed him some vegetables so I put the bell close to the salt lick for it to eat but it didn't look like it was eating so I broke the bond but still didn't eat.

Just now, Just-guy said:

How does Salt Lick works?

I bonded a beefalo with the bell and fed him some vegetables so I put the bell close to the salt lick for it to eat but it didn't look like it was eating so I broke the bond but still didn't eat.

There is no special animation for using the salt lick. It will play the animation of eating grass from the ground instead, and you will see the saltlick deplete after some time (several days)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just now, BezKa said:

There is no special animation for using the salt lick. It will play the animation of eating grass from the ground instead, and you will see the saltlick deplete after some time (several days)

Thank you, I thought it would display the same animation when a player feeds it.

On 7/25/2021 at 7:39 AM, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Late game items? You can have both green items before 1st winter meanwhile strident trident is high durability range weapon that you unlock in mid game and is useful as far as you sail

Just because you can doesn't mean it makes sense from a progression stand point. You can rush the ruins and have the Star Caller's Staff in Autumn of Year 1. Does that mean that the rest of the game should be balanced around that fact? 

There should be a progression plan in place for everything, even if some of it is "lateral." If you've been playing for a long time then, yeah, nothing is "late game" to you really. That doesn't mean that "early game" and "late game" shouldn't be a consideration as an experience. Things that require dealing with some pretty big game mechanics, as a rule, should not be an expected progression path in the early game. 

That's like saying you can rush Krampus in your first Autumn, hit up the ruins for all the gems, and therefore there isn't a single thing in the game that's "late game." If you know how to do those things, sure, that's vaguely true. I know how to rush Ocarina of Time and get things way faster than the game is designed for; that doesn't make those things early game/mid game, it just means I've spent far too much time learning how to bridge "late game" and "I don't feel like waiting." 

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Altyrmadiken said:

The thing is that we were talking about CK strindent trident which is a late game item since, even if you can kill him in the 1st year,  is useless to do it. The trident is expensive due to the spawn rate of the gnarwales (which i agree that should be changed) but by that time you should have many access to many green gems by killing DF or cleaning the ruins. So saying that he doesnt want to waste 1 use of a "late game item" to craft another late game item is silly (like refusing to wasting few uses of orange amulet to get salt...). For that i mentioned that you can get it in 1st autumn, because is way less "late game" than the strident

Im not saying that the game should be balanced arround green gems or anything else but that stuff exist and should be considere when klei add items (like how they removed the crafting recipe for the CC crown so we cant dupe the shards). There should be expensive items and cheap items and if you consider that an item is too expensive for your gameplay style or you are just lazy in that moment to farm the ingredients, there is the green amulet. Some people uses it for duplicating items, others to reduce costs, other for many things and other just like to keep geems in their chests for some reason

45 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Perhaps I read it wrong, but it had appeared as though the complaint was that by the time you get to the point (naturally) that you are killing the CK, it's not all that useful a reward. 

Which I think is a valid complaint if that was the complaint. 

7 minutes ago, Altyrmadiken said:

Perhaps I read it wrong, but it had appeared as though the complaint was that by the time you get to the point (naturally) that you are killing the CK, it's not all that useful a reward. 

Which I think is a valid complaint if that was the complaint. 

And im with that. The item is great for doing sea stuff but isnt enough prize for that fight, also CK just gives the recipe whih means that when killed you dont have any reason to fight him again

Isnt like beequeen that gives you bundle recipe but also you can keep fighting her to get crowns and jelly beans

• Like 2

Maybe this is a question better suited to a Waterlogged thread...

Do Above-Average Tree canopies block meteors? I was thinking mosaic biome could be interesting since it often has small pools that a boat might fit into to plant trees.

• Like 1

If Klei keeps slipping in changes like being able to choose skins on character starting items prior to joining a world- Which is something I would have expected to be covered in their Next QoL update… then- What exactly will they have left to do for the actual planned 2nd QoL update?? :wilson_lightbulb:

2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

If Klei keeps slipping in changes like being able to choose skins on character starting items prior to joining a world- Which is something I would have expected to be covered in their Next QoL update… then- What exactly will they have left to do for the actual planned 2nd QoL update?? :wilson_lightbulb:

Quality of Real Life update. 

• Like 1

What kind of issues can the 64 bit version of the game cause? My computer isn't exactly the best on the market, but it's not weak either, and can usually run a 64 bit game. The other day, however, when trying to load into my existing server on 64 bit, my screen went completely black until I pushed the power button. DST froze and I had to ctrl alt delete out of it. After that, my home screen wouldn't load either, meaning my apps couldn't minimize. I had to restart my computer. It was fine after that, and I ran the server on 32 bit, but why did it happen?

Look as a console player who doesn’t 100% trust every little thing I read on the Wiki or the forums and I simply do not have the patience to sit and watch people on YouTube/Twitch- There are ALOT of things about this game that can be highly confusing &/or completely obscure & unknown to console players.

Recently I have discovered that in addition to using a razor to “downgrade” Spider dens, I can also use silk to “upgrade” them but- what I DON’T know is exactly how much silk is required for this “upgrade”?

If someone has the answer I would much appreciate it.. thanks. 

23 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

We are heading into September, can we start reviving the Halloween skin thread ideas please? The month of Spooky IS My FAVORITE time of year (I also almost equally like Christmas too though..) Me Likey Da Spooky! :wilson_love:

I think it's gonna be an interesting thing to look out for this year since last year they completed the Hollowed Nights collection for all 17 playable existing characters. Does that mean we'll finally revisit the Costume collection and get the Latecomers' Costume collection after four years? And would Wanda be included in that? I'd be pretty funny if that happened since that'd entail 6 new skins with 4 being for DLC characters. And after not getting any new additions in 2020, 2019 and 2018, it'd be hilariously ironic if Costume collection becomes the only completely full collection for post-Wanda character lineup.

Skin Table.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1