Questions that don't deserve their own thread.

2 hours ago, GelatinousCube said:

Is four crows (not counting corvus) the max?

Yes. If I recall correctly, you get 1 crow at 0 decorations, 2 crows at 4 decorations and 4 crows at 8 decorations.

Also, the cloaks are the only tier 2-3 summer insulation body items that can be repaired with a sewing kit, which is pretty nice.

Edited by QuartzBeam

3 minutes ago, SkyistheGround said:

so when you bond to a tamed beef, nobody else can ride it

might be a silly question, but do you lose domestication when you break the bond? i currently have a rider beef and i want to try for an ornery and it would be nice to have communal beefs

nobody else can ride it if you have the bell on you (if its dropped and you ride the beefalo, it will run towards the bell when dismounted)

and no, you dont lose domestication

• Like 1

What DLCs are included when you buy Dont Starve base game?

(asking because when I bought it, shipwrecked came along. A friend wants to buy it now, but we are unsure if Hamlet is included, since it shows in the game banner)

33 minutes ago, Behan said:

(asking because when I bought it, shipwrecked came along. A friend wants to buy it now, but we are unsure if Hamlet is included, since it shows in the game banner)

If is in steam (idk in other shops) you clearly can see which dlcs you are buying. Base ds is just winter, autum and caves, you have to include Reing of Giants to add summer and spring content.

Basically, base dont starve only includes base dont starve. RoG, SW and hamlet (it includes wormwood for dst) arent include

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Behan said:

None. You need to buy Reign of Giants, Shipwrecked, and Hamlet. Hamlet was given for free (I suspect accidentally) to basically everyone when it was new, though. Shipwrecked was so long ago I don't remember if that was given away, but it isn't right now.

Edited by Cheggf
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

If is in steam (idk in other shops) you clearly can see which dlcs you are buying. Base ds is just winter, autum and caves, you have to include Reing of Giants to add summer and spring content.

Basically, base dont starve only includes base dont starve. RoG, SW and hamlet (it includes wormwood for dst) arent include

29 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

None. You need to buy Reign of Giants, Shipwrecked, and Hamlet. Hamlet was given for free (I suspect accidentally) to basically everyone when it was new, though. Shipwrecked was so long ago I don't remember if that was given away, but it isn't right now.

thanks for the answer, guys! I checked my purchase history and I really did buy it all separetedely, but it costed so little I actually registered it as one thing only. Just clarifying my mistake in case someone reads this.

• Like 1

What corrupted bodily function makes Webber grow a beard? He is way to young to already have beard growth by human standards, but how would the spider part be responsible? Spiders in DST don't grow beards??

Also how the heck is Wendy supposed to be a kid but can casually quote several famous works of literature, including Orwell, Shakespeare, greek mythology and what not?

I don't need sleep, I need answers

Edited by Falkenpelz
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Falkenpelz said:

…how the heck is Wendy supposed to be a kid but can casually quote several famous works of literature, including Orwell, Shakespeare, [G]reek mythology and what not?

I don't need sleep, I need answers.

There are also a number of Wendy quotes that reference obscure Finish Mythology, such as the Aarnivalkea. 
(The Aarnivalkea is when, if you can successfully find a 'Fern Seed', it will be able to lead you to buried treasure left behind by faeries. 
The treasure itself is called the Aarnivalkea. You'll know you've found it when you see an orb of glowing light hovering just above the ground; the treasure is buried right below it).

If I remember correctly, people determined on the Fan-Wiki that Wendy (and Abigail) must be 10 years old. To quote the Wiki:
"The letter Jack sends in the third William Carter puzzle, which mentions the twins, must have been written no later than the August 1904 dates from the fourth puzzle. This means that Wendy and Abigail were born no later than August 1904; additionally, Wendy's diary entry, which was written before she entered the Constant, has a date of April 16, 1914. Since Wendy's birthday is in November, her only possible date of birth is November 11, 1903".

So she's 10 years old, her family seems to be quite well-off (based on the size of, and beautiful location of their family home; in California, no less), and has a tendency to be the 'bookish' one as opposed to Abigail's rough-and-tumble demeanor. 
Her range of literary topics is exceptionally broad although there are many common threads: she seems to particularly adore the work of Shakespeare and the poems of Edgar Allen Poe. She doesn't know everything, the way Ms. Wickerbottom does; only things relating to literature and lore. So Wendy probably read these things in her free time more so out of genuine enjoyment for the stories and prose rather than any information it gave. 

In short, she just seems to be something of an obsessive reader. She was raised in the very early 18th century and was not a particularly sporty girl; she simply spent all of her time reading because that's where she got the most enjoyment from, and didn't have very much else to spend that time on. 

What corrupted bodily function makes Webber grow a beard? He is way to young to already have beard growth by human standards, but how would the spider part be responsible? Spiders in DST don't grow beards??

As for this, I have no idea. Remember that Wilson found Webber just as a skull and had to resurrect him, and that the "Spider" part of his body is just his head. Spider's aren't very large. His entire body is sticking out the bottom of the spider's belly and only has some skin and trichobothria (spider-hair) surrounding him. 
Since the spider and Webber seem to be fused together at some kind of atomic level (food Webber eats also keeps the spider alive somehow), they can see each-others thoughts and can share access to speech, and Webber's hands and feet of gained the same properties as spider legs despite, well, not being spider legs. 
The spider's anatomy seems to have been re-arranged around to allow for web-spinning to still be possible in a manner befitting this humanoid shape. Which implies that if Webber were to practice at it, he could grow his silk-beard on-demand and at-will. 

Edited by Wendy C.
Formatting
  • Thanks 1

Is there any evidence against the theory that Webber actually died, when devoured by the spider (his death is canon after all), but since he was "indigestible", the spider died from it as well and the mind and body fusion of them happened, when Wilson resurrected the skull?

• Like 2

Is there any evidence against the theory that Webber actually died, when devoured by the spider (his death is canon after all), but since he was "indigestible", the spider died from it as well and the mind and body fusion of them happened, when Wilson resurrected the skull?

"This is the guy who promised he would help us!" is his quote about the Maxwell Statue. And while it's still pretty vague, it does imply that Webber was lured into the Constant with the promise of being freed of the spider, meaning he would have already been fused to the spider and alive when he arrived.

• Like 1

how does blocking klaus work exactly? i know that you have to put signs down at his spawners until he only shows up in one, but how can you determine how many spawners there are per biome? currently playing in a world where klaus spawns directly below our base (in the neighboring biome) and i want to know when we'll get close to keeping him there

5 minutes ago, SkyistheGround said:

how does blocking klaus work exactly? i know that you have to put signs down at his spawners until he only shows up in one, but how can you determine how many spawners there are per biome? currently playing in a world where klaus spawns directly below our base (in the neighboring biome) and i want to know when we'll get close to keeping him there

when you have block all his spawners the sack will force the spawn in one spot breaking the structure that were blocking it so at that point you will know how many there are

before that i think you cant know it since is a random number between X and Y (where x and y are numbers that i dont remember)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, QuartzBeam said:

already been fused to the spider and alive when he arrived.

personally i see it more as a situation similar to this

webber (human):ouch the spider has almost killed me i need help

maxwell: i can help and make sure spiders will never be a problem ever again if you accept the deal

webber(human):yes 

then he turns into a spider

webber: this isnt what i expected, man i wish that people would stop bullying me just for being man spider instead of spider man

maxwell: i can fix that too, i can bring you to a place where no one will ever judge you for being man spider

webber:hmmmmmmm, really?

maxwell:yes

webber: then yes 

i know this sounds awful but yes that is how i see webber`s origin being like (maybe not exactly word for word but yes)

• Haha 1