How do you feel about the reaction changes ?

ADM

How do you feel about the reaction changes ?  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Was the "Sad" reaction helpful ?

2. 2. Was the "Confused" reaction helpful ?

3. 3. Should we have more reactions ?

• Yep
    • Nah
    • I'd like reaction options on topic creation
    • I'd like unique reactions on different sub-forums
    • Other (explain)
  4. 4. What do you think of the "Community reputation" system ?

• It's good
    • It's bad
    • I really don't care
    • It should have more importance
    • Give me reddit karma

4 minutes ago, gaymime said:

that seems to be the point. it also seems to be quite effective and agreeable to people(myself included). this is the most dadaist thing i have seen in years and i approve

Oh well. There's another view on dadaism: chaos. And not my cup of tea.

• Developer
9 minutes ago, ADM said:

Unpopular opinion : You should gain a DST redeem code to unlock this item if a post reach 100 potato_cup.png

I keep trying to slip ideas like this past @JoeW, no luck so far but I'll keep trying!

8 minutes ago, Viktor234 said:

Unpopular opinion: @nome's unique holy Potato Cup Skin should be implemented into DST since we got the Clean Sweeper now.

I suggested @PeterA put that in the game for my birthday, I don't think he was convinced.

Theoretically I do have a job at Klei other than trying to trick people into going along with terrible ideas. :wilson_angelic:

I disagree with all of the reactions adding and stuff. I'm good when people add reactions that simulate emotions, But i belive reactions should be reactions, Not stuff like potato cup, sanity, health, hunger, spool, ninja, and all of the other stuffs. Reactions are suppose to emulate's someone's emotions. potato cup, sanity, health, hunger, spool, ninja, have absolutly no emotions. I would like it if there was angry, upset, impressed, and creative reactions so people can express their emontions more

22 minutes ago, nome said:

Theoretically I do have a job at Klei other than trying to trick people into going along with terrible ideas. :wilson_angelic:

i'm a bit traumatized by that, but lol as Jrramon said, the reaction system should be for emotions only, i also found a bit strange with all these reaction together, they are not matching each other, and doesn't have very similar sizes, so it's a bit strange
edit: emotions only, and maybe some exceptions

1 minute ago, KeshS said:

I know Twitch also has a thing and I think discord for combo emotes. Since we are all experimenting, might be worth a shot. Examples:

squid.png.ed859b1718885e0167be2552af20fc9e.png

Wavey.png.d4ef205ef114d88c9e828bc016c2c954.png

Bro imagine klei forums nitro. If klei limited the amount of reactions people got on the forums. They could monitize reactions so you would have to buy klei forums nitro to make your own reactions. The starting reactions for people without klei forums nirto would be. Like, Ha ha, Thanks, confused, sad. But this would be incredibly unesscary and people might hate it

3 minutes ago, Jrramon_GOLD said:

snip

actually health, hunger and sanity have pretty fair translations if you are an english-speaker as does ninja

taking heart, hungry for x and big brain are understandable and translate well and i think if you were being more generous you'd agree that ninjas are sneaky and fast in many languages

also spools.

2 minutes ago, Jrramon_GOLD said:

Bro imagine klei forums nitro. If klei limited the amount of reactions people got on the forums. They could monitize reactions so you would have to buy klei forums nitro to make your own reactions. The starting reactions for people without klei forums nirto would be. Like, Ha ha, Thanks, confused, sad. But this would be incredibly unesscary and people might hate it

Do you know how much money I already spent on skins...

3 minutes ago, Jrramon_GOLD said:

I disagree with all of the reactions adding and stuff. I'm good when people add reactions that simulate emotions, But i belive reactions should be reactions, Not stuff like potato cup, sanity, health, hunger, spool, ninja, and all of the other stuffs. Reactions are suppose to emulate's someone's emotions. potato cup, sanity, health, hunger, spool, ninja, have absolutly no emotions. I would like it if there was angry, upset, impressed, and creative reactions so people can express their emontions more

You can read earlier in the thread for discussions that lead to the changed. 

Also, they aren't really meant to express emotions, they are reactions. So far, just since I added them, I had genuine reason to react with Potato Cup, Shop Cat, Spool and Ninja - although they probably make more sense if you know the game they are from and the context behind them. I think that's fine. It's a Klei Forum.  

Suggestion: Game-specific reactions only appear in the same game category. 

DON'T STARVE TOGETHER CATEGORY - Available Reactions: 
Wavey, Spools, Health, Hunger and Sanity.... 

Note: Potato Cup must be universal

2 minutes ago, JoeW said:

You can read earlier in the thread for discussions that lead to the changed. 

Also, they aren't really meant to express emotions, they are reactions. So far, just since I added them, I had genuine reason to react with Potato Cup, Shop Cat, Spool and Ninja - although they probably make more sense if you know the game they are from and the context behind them. I think that's fine. It's a Klei Forum.  

I actually like a lot of the additions but they seemed a bit cluttered to scroll through... maybe 2 lines of reactions instead of one?

22 minutes ago, zVince said:

Suggestion: Game-specific reactions only appear in the same game category. 

DON'T STARVE TOGETHER CATEGORY - Available Reactions: 
Wavey, Spools, Health, Hunger and Sanity.... 

Note: Potato Cup must be universal

noooo! the gl reacts are adorable ;x; look at that sad boi</3

Archived