Sign in to follow this  
Ipsquiggle

Oxygen Not Included DLC Roadmap July 2020

Iberius    3
17 hours ago, Nobz said:

But you have to go to DAGOBA if you want to be a JEDI dupe !

Except that, in this case, we are the old mad Yoda putting the dupes through unnecessary training!

17 hours ago, avc15 said:

in the swamp biome you can silo down for a very long time. It's just a somewhat annoying place to live.
I'm not a fan. Hopefully they have some bigger plan in mind.

Just bring the old deadly Slimelung back! That would be funny!

• Sanity 1

cpy    547

You can see on first gif that they changed plugslug power position from top to bottom. Or they built wires wrong. ;D

Edited by cpy

avc15    485
On 11/24/2020 at 4:41 AM, Iberius said:

Just bring the old deadly Slimelung back! That would be funny!

I would actually be totally okay with that.

• Happy Hazard 1

Alpe12    145

@Ipsquiggle

With no particular order.

1)
Please add an additional layer of liquid (and maybe gas).
It's a pipe mess currently. Without mods like "longer bridges" it's even worse.

2)
Add option to sync mods with save file, so we don't have to manually enable the correct mods for specific saves.. It's a pain to manually enable/disable mods every time I change to a save fale that uses different mods.

3)
Optimize building ladders straight up/down.
It takes way too long, as dupes only build one ladder, goes to do other stuff, and comes back later to build another.

4)
Make batteries on the same circuit equalize the charges, so that they are at the same % level.
It's very annoying when I add a new Smart Battery to a circuit and I have to equalize it. Either turning off all power generator or fill it up to 100%.

5) Ability to change location of the input/output of each building.

6) Ability to turn off (remove) the automation input/output of a building. Many times I can't place something (eg. liquid vent) where I want, because it would plug on the automation wire. And there's no space for automation bridges.

7) Add a building to remove germs from liquid. It could consume chlorine.

8) Replace wire bridge with conductive wire bridge in place

9) Ability to configure things before they are build (when they are still ghost). Eg. Vaves, sensor, filters, etc.

10) Limit power output of the large transformer to the limit of weaker connected wire (either input or output).

11)
The game needs more options to configure it to our liking. Like factorio.
Some mods that should definetly have it's functionality be vanilla (as an configurable option, in many cases):

- Research Queue
- Multiple Element Sensor (multiple filter too)
- item pedestal preview decor info
- AI Improvements
- Pliers (even if it would need a duplicant interaction)
- Clean Drop
- Deconstruct Only Buildings
- Default Building Settings (Many options this mod provides should be added to the game options)
- Falling Sand
- Sweep By Type
- Efficient Supply
- Queue for Sinks
- Show Building Ranges
- Build Over Plants
- DoorIcons
- Reset Build Priority
- No Manual Delivery
- Better Deselect

More:

Edited by Alpe12
  • Thanks 1
  • Ninja 1
  • Big Ups 2

Iberius    3
On 12/3/2020 at 10:12 PM, Alpe12 said:

2)
It takes way too long, as dupes only build one ladder, goes to do other stuff, and comes back later to build another.

I'm pretty sure you can avoid this issue using priorites - but even with tons of micromanaging this happens and it sucks!

On 12/3/2020 at 10:12 PM, Alpe12 said:

Some mods that should definetly have it's functionality be vanilla (as an configurable option, in many cases):

I often ask myself why some mods adding features that you expect to see by default (Like Airlock/Insulated Doors, Stairs, Sweep by Type and others...) are not incorporated to the game - not only in ONI, but everywhere!
Some outstanding mods deserve it. Reward the modder somehow, put his name as easter egg somewhere, give him a key of the product to share... I don't know. They already do it for free! I think that Devs incorporating their work in vanilla and giving credit for it would be enough for most of the people out there.

• Like 2

goboking    2070
On 12/3/2020 at 7:12 PM, Alpe12 said:

2)

If you first dig up or down in a snaking pattern then build the ladder through the pattern, dupes can tackles multiple segments at once.  Just be mindful of falling sand or snow potentially stranding dupes.

Edited by goboking
  • Thanks 1

psusi    324
20 hours ago, goboking said:

If you first dig up or down in a snaking pattern then build the ladder through the pattern, dupes can tackles multiple segments at once.  Just be mindful of falling sand or snow potentially stranding dupes.

I build a door and plop down a storage compactor, fill it with some igneous rock, then get a dupe to go start digging and change the door permissions so nobody else can go in or out.  The he'll focus up and dig down 12 or 15 tiles pretty quick, scoop up all of the debris into the nearby compactor, then I let him out and lower the priority of the compactor so it gets moved to my main storage in large chunks instead of one piece at a time.

babba    1957
On 11/24/2020 at 4:23 PM, Emeal said:

LETS GO!!!!!!2020-11-24_162331.thumb.jpg.14b8809deaca23e536c04b1e44e2db2d.jpg

:angel::biggrin-new::biggrin-new::biggrin-new::angel: 2 more days and its Xmas & New Years EvE and Papa Klei Smurf will bring goodies and candy for us all... :angel::biggrin-new::biggrin-new::biggrin-new::angel:

Edited by babba
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Big Ups 2

Iberius    3
On 12/6/2020 at 5:27 PM, babba said:

:angel::biggrin-new::biggrin-new::biggrin-new::angel: 2 more days and its Xmas & New Years EvE and Papa Klei Smurf will bring goodies and candy for us all... :angel::biggrin-new::biggrin-new::biggrin-new::angel:

The day has come and Santa Klei hasn't come yet WHY WHY - my 3rd childhood is SHATTERED!! :blue: *Leo DiCaprio crying gif!!*

Edited by Iberius

babba    1957
40 minutes ago, Iberius said:

The day has come and Santa Klei hasn't come yet WHY WHY - my 3rd childhood is SHATTERED!! :blue: *Leo DiCaprio crying gif!!*

Hold out my friend, you will soon receive your candy of joy :angel:

Edited by babba

marsnz    11

I'm constantly searching steam for the DLC page. Poor steam is gonna break with all of us scouring for the DLC pre-order page lols.

It is gonna be sooooooo good to actually get to use the *now* late game content way earlier and experience more of the planets rather than pretty much being stuck on the starter planet trying to keep the main base functional  ^_^

I'm glad to see that they made it so we can monitor the status of all the planets so we can see what critical alerts are on what planets and what resources are where .... I'm .... Slightly ... Addicted ....

I REALLY hope its today and not a typo and meant to be the 18th. I'll die a little inside.

• Like 2

cpy    547

Audio Log 03: 17:37 08/12/2020. Everywhere I look there is no escape from the next DLC anticipation. Forums are filled to the brim with waiting people. Including myself. Will keep you posted. In typical audiolog style where you don't know where the hell is part 4 hidden!

marsnz    11
13 minutes ago, cpy said:

Audio Log 03: 17:37 08/12/2020. Everywhere I look there is no escape from the next DLC anticipation. Forums are filled to the brim with waiting people. Including myself. Will keep you posted. In typical audiolog style where you don't know where the hell is part 4 hidden!

#Klei-Is-Sus

cpy    547

Audio Log 06: 18:15 08/12/2020. Backlog of games to play is longer than RTX 3000 series preorders yet I still want to buy that damn DLC. I don't know why. Maybe they put some addictive substances in it? Who knows! Need to experiment more to find out the TRUTH! People are suspicious of Klei activity. Taking note of that!

Edited by cpy

cpy    547

Audio Log 08: 20:03 08/12/2020 things are very quiet, almost too quiet. There is something very sus going on around here. It's like all voices have been suddenly silenced.

SelenSewar    23

Wait, so... Will this DLC be a completely separate game mode from base game? I mean, i was hyped for space not being a mess anymore, and for smaller asteroids in general. Having to switch between two seems unintuitive somehow.

• Like 1
  • Big Ups 1

babba    1957
8 hours ago, SelenSewar said:

Wait, so... Will this DLC be a completely separate game mode from base game? I mean, i was hyped for space not being a mess anymore, and for smaller asteroids in general. Having to switch between two seems unintuitive somehow.

image.png.9e76c66cf934c6fee4cf4eb1513e9168.pngimage.pngimage.thumb.png.b0ae5078d48535d95f847edb8d66a1de.png

Edited by babba
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad Dupe 1

babba    1957
8 hours ago, SelenSewar said:

I guess this is "yes" and now I'm sad. ):

I feel with you my friend. It will be a nice summer 2021 :angel:

• Sad Dupe 1

babba    1957

How will 2021 be for humans ?

Somebody wrote somewhere in this forum, something like "I like to at least dig some rocks in ONi, if everything around me is falling apart".

Some come to play ONi for relaxation, solitude, education, fun or inspiration. I like big rockets, bring it on in 2021 dear Klei :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::cheerful::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Wishing everyone good health, now and in 2021 :love_heart::love_heart::love_heart::love-struck::love_heart::love_heart::love_heart:

• Haha 1

babba    1957
3 hours ago, Snic said:

I just wish to have a multiplayer someday...

Playing ONi together with other people would be ace :love-struck::cheerful::love-struck: