Ipsquiggle

Banhi's Automation Innovation Pack RELEASED! - 398142

broskeet    27

i just got this game today for my birthday and yall are already adding an update

10/10 very epic

• Like 3

LuteroK    2

Great stuff as always. Thank you for your continued devotion to this amazing game. 

pether    121

Thanks KLEI!

I promised myself I will be responsible and take some time off ONI, promise broken...

Happy B-Day, @broskeet

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Novo    27

I love the animation, and Sweepy. But I really like that I can close vents with a switch.

SharraShimada    652
39 minutes ago, Novo said:

I love the animation, and Sweepy. But I really like that I can close vents with a switch.

Thats some QOL for sure. No shutoffs for simple filters any more. 

• Like 2

OxCD    474
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Novo said:

But I really like that I can close vents with a switch.

If only vents could require power to do so... That would makes a lot more sense.

A mechanical action without power is called magic.

Anyways, really good update, as always :) It should expand a lot game scope !

Edited by OxCD
  • Sad 1

SharraShimada    652
20 minutes ago, OxCD said:

If only vents could require power to do so... That would make a lot more sense.

A mechanical action without power is called magic.

Anyways, really good update, as always :) It should expand a lot game scope !

Its powered by pressure. 2way pressure pipe build in. One to open, one to close. 

Automation itself runs without power too, as you may noticed. 

• Like 1

watermelen671    17,089
3 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:
  • Updated Sticker artwork

I don't see any difference, it looks the same as prior to the preview... :wilsondisapproving:

3 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

ONI-Pack-2-Wallpaper.png

No clean one? :wilson_curious:

RonEmpire    524

The current patch  changes the way the    Rails and Pipes appear on the overlay.    And its very hard to tell if its actually connected to things because they're being drawn  behind the building.

We need to be able to tell if something is actually connected or not.

• Like 3

MJCB    10

Did the world gen change? My seed have other traits now.

TheDeamon    8
1 minute ago, MJCB said:

Did the world gen change? My seed have other traits now.

From my understanding, that changed with the .net framework change in the previous patch. People just didn't restart bases as a result of that one, so it went largely unnoticed.

Oozinator    2,568
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Ambaire said:

what? why? That was situationally useful for the algae terrarium... sometimes I want it to use up its resources without dupes delivering more.

why ever remove useful functionality

So far i know there was a bug that cloned those button, the clone was removed only

Edited by Oozinator
  • Like 1

This change caused a massive problem in my base.

I'm running a steam plant at 250 deg. C with 150 kg steam per tile. The output of my turbines is a liquid vent in the steam chamber, which is sealed insulated tile. There is an automation wire under the steam vent, that controls an external liquid input. With the game change, now the automation wire causes the vent to be blocked. To un-block it, I have to turn on the exernal liquid input.

Now, to fix this, I'm going to have to crack that high pressure hot steam chamber open. Which means going to great lengths to do that without letting all that hot steam into my base. What heat does escape, I'll have to re-capture later. It's all just a huge pain. I know I could find an alternative that would make this work without having to open the steam chamber -- but that's not the point.

The point is, that's just the first problem I found this change created, and who knows what else in my base is suddenly broken now?

Back when the game was Early Access, such breaking changes are to be expected. Now, they should not happen.

In the future, when making changes like this, I implore you to do one of two things:

1. Create a new structure instead of modifying existing ones on game load (like, add a new Automated Liquid Vent instead of changing existing ones)

2. Or require existing buildings to be destroyed and rebuilt to gain new connections or other potentially behavior-changing properties.

Your consideration is appreciated.

• Confused 3

melquiades    74

@Slarti-Bartfast Improvise, Adapt and Overcome!

I particularly like that they are still tweaking this game for so long and consistently after release. And seriously, having to fix your broken base is fun too ;p

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1