Oxygen Not Included DLC Roadmap July 2020

Well shieeet that sounds crazy and over the top with the mutiple bases. I hope the radiation part has some structures mechanics into it

also all this sounds like it will chew trough our computers much faster than vanilla. I hope for some performance magic happening too

Klei, seriously, do you think it's a reasonable airlock ???

Pwaaaa ! Noooobs !

image.png.89823d42670808fd3c8cfa10fcb66a68.png

The hype is here, We're all ready to give a big welcome to this addon of what is already a masterpiece. I'm hopping up and down...

Klei. 

This will actually make this game, no joke, PERFECT

Multiple, visitable colonies has been the one thing I was preaching on the suggestion forum for ages. This game is literally everything I have ever wanted in a game. Thank you. Thank you so much. I wish every god damn person in your studio the best. Love you guys <3

10 minutes ago, OxCD said:

Klei, seriously, do you think it's a reasonable airlock ???

Pwaaaa ! Noooobs !

image.png.89823d42670808fd3c8cfa10fcb66a68.png

The hype is here, We're all ready to give a big welcome to this addon of what is already a masterpiece. I'm hopping up and down...

i noticed that too.  lol.    unless they actually do something about  'airlock door mechanics. 

4 hours ago, lee1026 said:

Multiple colonies? My computer wants to cry at the thought of reliably simulating all of it.

yea-  its lagging a lot as is.   getting multiple colonies is going to be something.     

its also going to depend on the new colonies size.    or trimming down the size of the current map and then allowing multiple new colonies that are smaller in map size.

Clockwise from top-left:

Launch Pad -- On top was a rocket that looked very mashed together from spare parts; Tier zero rocketry or just a stand-in for a propulsion module art that's not done yet?

Centrifuge -- That pipe leads OUT by the way, if the attached pipe can be trusted (Who built this base?) The polluted water may be incidental or the machine may intentionally spill liquids in use?

Potted plant -- Radiation absorbing flower? The proximity to the storage bins may not be a coincidence, a hint to their purpose.

Two "new" ores -- Can you guess what they are without starting ONI or looking at the wiki? (One of them is Radium)

Flying Insect -- The first hostile alien life? Eats and poops radiation? Eats and poops dupes?

Farmable Plant -- Predatory in nature? Fertilized with meat? What could it produce, BESIDES more pointless kcal?

Space Slugs -- Sleep on the ceiling at night? Are they hostile too, or just their environment? Are they gross? Probably.

RAD(ICAL) SUIT -- Keeps your dupes from growing extra things? Required to handle radiation? IS THE MEDBAY USEFUL NOW?!

RADIATION MACHINERY -- Fuel in, water in, waste out, power out? The machine seems to be larger than 3x3, and i suspect a lot of support machinery is needed too. Could it just be fore refinement? (There's also the Gravitas ruins windows in the background, and mosaic tiles... Can the player place them now, or are they just placeholder art?)

RADIATION STATION -- Accepts a blue bolt that was redirected from the small device above it, could this be a new form of wireless building controls? A control device that must be operated to stop the reactor from breaking?

OxygenNotIncludedStillsNewDLC.jpg

Because all space destinations can be visited, I wonder...

What's lying down there in the ruined Earth? What mysteries can the dupes unravel as to how it ended up that way? And how can they get through the shield? Can't wait to find out! And can't wait to do more... Sandbox mode... experiments... on my dupes.

6 hours ago, Psilo said:

Multiplayer would totally help me motivate friends to buy the game and play with me... :D

Connecting with friends on other asteroids would be amazing.

But yeah, this DLC looks fantastic even if it doesn't have multiplayer. 

I would KILL to have multiplayer up and running in this way!!! Even if pausing had to cause everyone's colonies to pause, that'd be fine with me. Preferably with more interactivity between players than just trading resources, but I'd even just take that. I'd buy a hundred copies of the DLC to make it happen. :D

Archived