Wendy's Character Refresh is Now Available!

Aw, Abigail did seem like the tougher one. I can see why she'd be defending Wendy and such.

Nice animation, sad story.

Then you for everything Klei! Take care during these tough times!

• Like 8

aggresive abigail atacks aggresive mobs when she sees them thats good

neutral mobs like beefalos, pigs, bunnymen .... thats a little bit meh

but when she atacks passive mobs like gloomer or even your domesticated beefalo. it makes her useless when you try to play mounted, this need to get patched.

imagine fighting a spider queen or other minor boss (because lets be honest she still suck fighting real bosses) and your beefalo drops you, suddenly abi starts atacking it.... well.... say goodbye to abi, to you beefalo and the spider queen kills you. ggwp

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

@Jason Thanks for the Wendy rework :3

By the way, there is currently a bug with Abigail's damage when she fights multiple enemies at once. Her damage becomes reduced per enemy, despite the patch notes saying that her effectiveness when fighting enemies should increase based on the number she's fighting at once.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Ressayez said:

Just thought I'd make a quick video in case anyone was wondering what the new skin set looked like in-game! I was personally very curious about how the hair, in particular, would look, especially from the back.

DId I just see you unraveling a heirloom elegant GoH Wendy head?! *shock*

4 hours ago, lavaclaw7 said:

I have a Bug. I bought the Abigail's skull flower, but when I actually play, i don't have it. do you know how to fix this? 

You need to craft a new flower to get a skinned one. Did you try that?

Okay, hold the phone! 

This! This right here!

c864ceee0a484f3108d418d00e478301.png

Abigail Lillian Carter
CARTER! IT'S CONFIRMED, WENDY IS DIRECTLY RELATED TO MAXWELL

Not even mentioning the guy in the animation, Maxwell's brother i believe.

THIS IS THE LORE I WANTED

Edited by Newax
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Wendy's problem has always been that she's not good with things like bosses but is good killing spiders/bees which are not hard to kill or not that useful.

I don't understand why they would reduce Abigail's HP to 150 (which increases after some days but the max is 600) and to make it worse she only deals 60 damage when Wendy is at 1 HP, you have to wait for what basically used to be the regular Abi (Which will get killed easily by even Deerclops) while Wendy is vulnerable at 1HP and would get killed with one hit by anything. I was expecting Abigail to start with 600 hp and increase DMG/HP over time.

Pipspooks are a fun idea but the Elixirs don't help at all, They don't stack and Abigail will get killed fast even with the regeneration because of her low HP.

It's nice that you can control her better now and the Animated short was good.

The Sisturn gives Sanity but is inferior in every way to the old Sanity Station.

Somehow, This rework fells like a Nerf and is very weird since Wendy was one of the weakest characters in the game.

Edited by Mr. Despair
  • Like 3

51 minutes ago, Wytera said:

@Jason Thanks for the Wendy rework :3

By the way, there is currently a bug with Abigail's damage when she fights multiple enemies at once. Her damage becomes reduced per enemy, despite the patch notes saying that her effectiveness when fighting enemies should increase based on the number she's fighting at once.

I checked the code to see how Abigail's damage is calculated and I really doubt that's a bug. I think people are just misinterpreting the line in the patch notes, which is understandable, because it's vague and thus open to misinterpretation:

"Abigail's damage is affected by the number of enemies she is fighting, allowing her to be effective against a single enemy but at her best when fighting a crowd. "

Nowhere does it say that Abigail gets a damage boost when fighting multiple enemies. It just says she's better suited for fighting multiple enemies. And that definitely holds true for Abigail as she is now, cause her single-target damage is only 8 points higher than her multi-target damage. But more importantly, from the way her damage calculation is coded, it's very very unlikely that we're dealing with a typo that no one noticed.

Anyway, Abigail's damage calculation: total damage = base damage + 40*x2, where x is the percentage of health Wendy is missing. Her base damage is 20/sec vs. 1 enemy and 12/sec vs. 2+ enemies. It is not affected by how long Abigail has been summoned; that only affects her health.

Now, the important thing to note here is the bonus damage is a quadratic function of x, which means you need to lose a LOT of health for it to have an actual impact. If that doesn't tell you anything:

At x=0.25 (112 HP), Abigail gets... drum roll... +2.3 damage per second.

At x=0.5 (75 HP), Abigail gets... +10 dmg/sec.

At x=0.707 (44 HP), Abigail gets +20 dmg/sec, bringing her single-target damage in line with her pre-rework self's nighttime damage.

At x=0.86 (21 HP), Abigail gets +30 dmg/sec, bringing her multi-target damage in line with her pre-rework self's nighttime damage.

At x=0.9 (13.5 HP), Abigail gets +32.4 dmg/sec. Also, you die in 2 hits more or less.

And once you get all the way down to 1 HP, you get that treasured +40 dmg/sec... provided you don't get killed by something sneezing in your general direction...

I really need to do more testing, but my first impression is that the ideas behind the rework are great, but the numbers need some serious tweaking. I can't imagine many people walking around with 21 HP and a football helm glued to their head just so they can get Abigail to do what she did for free before the rework. And I'm not sure the potions are enough to make up for that loss.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

I'm getting a really weird glitch, I can't see any loyal, reward (like /yawn), or Proof of Purchase skins in-game in my item collection, but they're still in my Steam inventory.

Edit: I had the weavable filter on, please disregard everything I say from now on.

Edited by Paxtonnnn
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, QuartzBeam said:

And I'm not sure the potions are enough to make up for that loss.

That's exactly how I feel. That's why I think it's strange we can't stack the different elixirs. Being restricted to one at a time feels incredibly weak.

• Sad 1

• 4 minutes ago, SoulSliver said:

That's exactly how I feel. That's why I think it's strange we can't stack the different elixirs. Being restricted to one at a time feels incredibly weak.

One at a time is easier to keep track of, what with that fancy little tag on Abigail's portrait, and it can work provided the effects are good enough.

But most of the potions lack potency or duration or both as well:

• Revenant Restorative gives 1 health/sec for 2 days, for a total of 960. Kinda nice if you plan to have Abigail fighting constantly, I guess?
  • Spectral Cure-All gives 20 health/sec for 15 seconds, for a total of 300. It's the fastest health gain Abigail will ever see, so it's not bad.
  • Unyielding Draught... not sure how this works exactly... the forcefield completely nullifies attacks, but it's not always up... oh and the potion only lasts 1 minute anyway.
  • Choleric... something gives her 20% more damage, but only for 1 minute. Fortunately, it takes into account the bonus damage as well.
  • Distilled Vengeance deals 20 damage to anything that attacks Abigail for 1 minute.
  • Vigor Mortis makes Abigail move 75% faster for 3 whole days, which is super useful for all sorts of reasons... like, um... you know, the thing... Oh and you can haunt it as a ghost for a 3-second speed boost. But if anyone asks, you didn't learn that from me. ;)

• Like 9

First off--basic same impressions most people got:  Awww,  Abigail is ADORABLE!  And she was the like, tomboy, more adventurous one of the two, while Wendy is more of a cautious quiet nerd type?  (ME EXCLUSIVE:  Damn, now I wish I hadn't put her Sim into the game already; I should've given her a couple different personality traits.)  And that fake-out...

Dude William Carter looks like THAT?!  Whoah...that's...more of a resemblence than I expected...(I also totally see the Sean Astin thing.  Big Addams Family fan over here.)

Twins running in the family doesn't actually work like _that_, but in stories they usually do, so we'll allow it.  : P This is a story from a world full of MAGIC, after all--and note that even in the "real world", _Maxwell's shadow spells still WORKED_, so it's already kinda not really OUR world, to begin with...

(took out all the stuff about the Williams family and my own Lillian, a Sim, because it's probably too "look at MY stuff!" for this thread.)

Anyway. I haven't made a new server for my Wendyventures yet, but I'm gonna.  It will have some kind of "clever" appropriate name...not "the Wendy Cult", but something that fits.  : P  (My current one (with the adventures of Willow and Charmander (what I named the kittykit) is called "Springtime Shenanigans!" simply because its Winter's Feast name was "Starving in a Winter Wonderland", so I thought I'd just carry on the season thing...)

...Notorious

Edited by CaptainChaotica