Wendy's Character Refresh is Now Available!

Oh MAN, I wanna know literally everything about the Sisturn and all the different buffs we can give Abby now, holy cow. This is exactly the kind of change I wanted, Wendy desperately needed the ability to deal significant damage to something other than spiders, and the pipspooks are ADORABLE. Great work guys!:wilson_love:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, minespatch said:

THE MOTHER DIED BY 1914???

Wait, where was it said about the mother?

1 hour ago, 1bubbainpa said:

Abigail and Wendy lived during 1914. I’m not a lore junkie, does this mean anything?

Well, considering that spiritualism was extremely popular in the early 20th century, that seems like a fitting date.

Also, it once again reaffirms their age to be 10 or so, since the image from William Carter puzzles, that mentions "the twins", is supposed to be from somewhere around 1904.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Oh my god.. I’m just playing around with Abigails Flower I haven’t even gotten to the Sis-Turn or Ectoherbology stuff.

i LOVE how you can summon and Un-Summon Abigail on Command, tell her to be hostile or passive... these are the Quality of life changes every Wendy main wanted.

I love her new idle Animations too <3 

how you unsummon her?

Ok so, I tried to make some things on a basic world. In so far, Abigail's damage actually decreases when she's surrounded by enemies for some reason. From the base 20 to 12 at full health. She also decides to aggro *everything* if you let her loose. Beefalo, Pigs, Bunnymen. things she wouldn't attack without Wendy aggroing them before now make it much more risky to farm stuff with her. On the flip side soothing her means Abigail will not aggro anything and just follow you, which is nice. I also tried to do some stuff with Mourning Glory but the Pipspooks were rare to appear. Depending solely on gravestones isn't too good. I would like a chance for a pipspook to appear to Wendy every night (so if you have no luck finding gravestones you can get something).

I do think her numbers are pretty poor though, especially the extra damage proportional to Wendy's health. Increasing her damage by 20 (or doubling) every time she gets stronger (600 HP and 60 damage, or 600 HP and 80 damage) would be a nice way to reward players keeping her around and caring for her. Also the items used for her exclusive tab seem to last very little time.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, FadinLight said:

I just can't figure out what the sisturn does, other than i can put flower petals in it and it starts floating and rotating when its full of petals. 

Capture.JPG

Capture1.JPG

It gives a pretty decent sanity boost when it's filled with 4 petals idk if it work for other character then wendy

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dr. Safety said:

So you mean to tell me that Wendy doesn't recognize Maxwell besides feeling "a strange kinship with him" when her dad looks like this:

Maybe she's been in the constant so long she doesn't remember anyone other than Abigail?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Just thought I'd make a quick video in case anyone was wondering what the new skin set looked like in-game! I was personally very curious about how the hair, in particular, would look, especially from the back.

Edited by Ressayez
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4
  • Sad 1

I can’t figure out what the Sisturn does... 

i thought that it was like a Dog-House where I can place Abigail inside and other players wouldn’t be able to take her flower.. but that isn’t what it’s for hilariously.

Edited by Mike23Ua
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Mike23Ua said:

I can’t figure out what the Sisturn does... 

i that it was like a Dog-House where I can place Abigail inside and other players wouldn’t be able to take her flower.. but that isn’t what it’s for hilariously.

I only know it makes your sanity go up.