Wendy's Character Refresh is Now Available!

18 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

I just discovered that Pipspook have both a Male and Female version.

the Girls have little bows on their hair tuft.

66398856-EEC2-41B1-894D-C9B51092BA30.jpeg

There’s also a curled hair version I found, will try to edit in some photos.

EDIT: Here, consoled them in. Found four variants.Capture.thumb.PNG.97aff256de47793ab05e968d6eefbc78.PNG

Edited by AN-0923
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Alym85 said:

First post here and actually created an account to post this. First of all, my friend got me playing this game with her less than a year ago by sending me a link to a character page on the wiki. She said that she plays this game we should play together and she knew the perfect character for me and that I would adore her.

She was right. It was, of course, Wendy. I played this game to play as Wendy.

I've played almost 140 hours of this game since which is a lot for me on a single game. Probably in the top 10 for most hours I've ever spent playing a single game (the others being MMOs). Over half of that time was spent playing Wendy. As I got more and more experienced with her and the game, I found her severely lacking when it came to virtually all activities apart from farming spiders, monster meat, and bee stingers. I made the sanity station with her and that was okay, but it didn't feel like something that was intended for her and we honestly very rarely used it after getting Tams.

It hurt, because I LOVE Wendy's connection to early 1900s spiritualism, her obsession with death, her sadness, and her Victorian aesthetic. I connect with all of that. Wortox, though, was also sad and lonely and played way way better in almost every way. I've been a Wortox main ever since trying him out and I love him, too, but I always knew I would like to return to Wendy if her rework made her play better and be more useful.

This... wasn't that.

I hope they aren't done with tweaking her. Maybe I'm just rusty as Wendy, but her and Abigail still feel incredibly weak anywhere it matters. The Mourning Glory is a great mechanic made too grindy and time consuming for the benefits the potions give. I mean, 2-5 of them for weak potions that last 1 minute? And the potions can't even be stacked.

Abigail's stats are too low. Why do we need to be almost dead and wait up to 3 days to have what we had before with her? That feels like an unnecessary nerf to an already underpowered character. Abigail's HP should START at 600 and increase to 800 and then 1200. Her damage should start at 40 on day 1 with full Wendy HP and then scale up from there at 3 days and low Wendy HP. Abi's damage shouldn't just be passable with Wendy at 1 HP. It should be very good with Wendy that weak.

The flower commands are awesome and were greatly needed (though the aggressive stance needs to be more selective in what it attacks) and the Sistern is great, in my opinion. But the rest?

Wortox is still my little cinnamon bun. Sorry, Wendy! :(

I as reading through this, and at first it was nice. Until what you proposed what needs to be changed. The things they changed are fine. 1200 health? You are saying that 2 Abigails could go up against a raid boss. No sir. The changes they mde are fine. The character is balanced. It's what it needs to be. 

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, GetRektKids said:

I as reading through this, and at first it was nice. Until what you proposed what needs to be changed. The things they changed are fine. 1200 health? You are saying that 2 Abigails could go up against a raid boss. No sir. The changes they mde are fine. The character is balanced. It's what it needs to be. 

Either that or increase her base defense, yeah. She goes down really quickly against anything worthwhile, not even just bosses. Aggro a rook while fighting a knight and can't unsummon her in time? One shotted. I've played with mods that have increased her hp to 1200 before this rework and it wasn't overpowered at all. The treeguards could still easily kill her which means you're soloing with weak Wendy. Unsummon her because she's going to die? Left with a weak Wendy who, played after this rework, will likely have low hp.

Remember: potions are grindy and most last a really short amount of time. Most people aren't going to want to use them for a random treeguard spawn or clockworks in the way down in the caves. Apart from them, Abi doesn't dodge and doesn't have armor.

Edited by Alym85

1 hour ago, GetRektKids said:

Abigail: 600 max HP after 3 days, 60 dmg when Wendy is at 1 HP

Bernie: 2000 HP , consistent 50 dmg

You can make multiple Bernie's and they're really cheap, Bernie farms NF and protects you from the cold too.

• Like 4

I’m playing on console, and I have no problem at all finding Pipspook and getting glory for potions, Graveyards are never millions of miles away it’s not a grind or an annoying task to do, the only problem I have with the potions is that their duration is too short and you can’t stack them.

If I go through the trouble of making my Abigail OP, then LET Her BE OP...

But also the new Sisturn craftable allows you to fully bloom Abigails Flower a hell of alot faster. I have two of these in my base in my game save... and they take what would’ve normally had taken 3-4 in game days to fully bloom, only takes about 1 day and a half now.

So maybe THATS why potions only last a brief duration and won’t Stack.

Do not Underestimate the power of being able to Summon & Unsummon Abigail at your own command (and now without losing 40% Sanity or having to kill a nearby creature to do so)

This Update made Wendy a lot easier to play as... but also keep in mind we have absolutely no freaking idea what kind of content updates Klei has planned for the future- Only KLEI knows that

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SnowfairyX said:

And having more control over Abby and to be able desummon her at will means that she’ll almost never die if you’re paying attention. I might be in the minority, but I think Wendy might need some additional minor downsides to make her gameplay slightly more difficult.

Wendy's gameplay being so carefree is part of why I love this rework, I can just play the game as usual but occasionally sending Abigail on death missions. DST already has a ton of annoyances to worry about as any character, so I much prefer characters who make the game more fun without trying to balance it out with extra annoyance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Despair said:

Abigail: 600 max HP after 3 days, 60 dmg when Wendy is at 1 HP

Bernie: 2000 HP , consistent 50 dmg

You can make multiple Bernie's and they're really cheap, Bernie farms NF and protects you from the cold too.

I never understood the issue with giving Abi more health. Bernie got a major buff in his refresh. Abi got a buff, but I think it depends more on how you play. I enjoyed playing Wendy in my early days. But I'm in no hurry to switch from Wigfrid for Wendy. Abigail just doesn't seem to do enough for me. If anything, it sounds like she's even better at clearing out spider nests now. So that's something.

• Like 2

My issue with this update is mostly numbers. If you want to have Abigail deal any worthwhile damage you need to down yourself to low HP. Helping the Pipspooks isn't that much of a hassle and gives you stuff to do when you're idle, but the potions have pretty underwhelming effects. The increased heal potion is wonderful for chain-cleaning spider dens in a day and I like being able to store her away as needed, but when you turn on her aggro she goes after every single thing, be a butterfly or a pack of Beefalo or Glommer. I would like Abigail get 10% of her max HP as atk power (so 15, 30, 60) instead of the current damage formula. This brings her up against Woodie's moose as a mob clearer, keeps her similar to her previous self in constant damage and rewards players that keep her alive, as she'll constantly output good damage numbers. Everything else is good to me and I love her skins, but some number and AI tweaks could happen ASAP

• Like 4

@Jason

I hate to ping a Dev when I know that you guys are busy with other stuff but I wanted to ask a question no one else has asked yet. I Bought the new Belongings skin set for Wendy and Abigails Flowers, But I’m noticing that this is not the complete list of ALL available Abigail Flowers..

Will the other flowers be added to this Belongings Chest once you guys finish them and players who bought the set would have them added to their game for Free, or will I need to buy a second Belongings Chest to acquire the rest of Abigails remaining flowers?

That is all, Thanks! :) 

15 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Will the other flowers be added to this Belongings Chest once you guys finish them and players who bought the set would have them added to their game for Free,

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they're saving the furry set for the newer cast of characters and then we'll get to weave them this year.

On 19/3/2020 at 2:30 PM, GetRektKids said:

April 16th 1914. I keep hearing strange music when I dream... The same song repeating over and over... Is it you Abigail? Are you trying to tell me something?

Edit: Changed the last word from anything to something, it fits better.

wait a minute!! i just realized that she is talking (maybe) about the phonograph song!! that may be the day (or near the day) she got pulled into the constant! omg 

On 19/3/2020 at 4:01 PM, Mike23Ua said:

Pipspook behave like Single Player Don’t Starve Divining Rods just Incase Anyone is Wondering..

if you stay quiet he shows you the direction almost like the bubbles in sw. so, i think is better than a divining rod. i didnt try it yet tho

• Like 1

On 3/19/2020 at 3:22 PM, Mrklli said:

DId I just see you unraveling a heirloom elegant GoH Wendy head?! *shock*

You need to craft a new flower to get a skinned one. Did you try that?

I played again and realized I had only had 20 spools, so I unraveled some items and got it. It works now.

Edited by lavaclaw7

I haven't played in a few days now but my friend told me they changed how the aggro system worked on Abigail while she's riled up so she won't attack any passive mobs anymore, if that's the case I'm honestly devastated. The utility of having her attack passive mobs was amazing and made her feel soooooo much nicer to play. If she doesn't attack neutral mobs anymore my butterfly farm is basically useless now. Does that mean she won't kill cookie cutters anymore? I don't understand why people don't want this. I play on console which makes it very tricky to target things but I've still been able to easily unsummon her whenever she would aggro onto something I didn't want her to. This was my favorite thing about the rework please don't take it away

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Vultureneck said:

-snip-

Yeah, I'm a little saddened by the fact, it was fun having Abigail kill rabbits for easy morsels or butterflies for wing fillers. It may have been in the sake of balance, but Wickerbottom exists. :blue:

I think it was because of her killing glimmer and Maxwell's puppets, but accidentally killing every once in a while is annoying i guess but not really a big deal, and also easily avoidable and often not even relevant, but the change is a huuuge nerf to Wendy.

Edited by Vultureneck
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/24/2020 at 10:23 PM, Vultureneck said:

I haven't played in a few days now but my friend told me they changed how the aggro system worked on Abigail while she's riled up so she won't attack any passive mobs anymore, if that's the case I'm honestly devastated. The utility of having her attack passive mobs was amazing and made her feel soooooo much nicer to play. If she doesn't attack neutral mobs anymore my butterfly farm is basically useless now. Does that mean she won't kill cookie cutters anymore? I don't understand why people don't want this. I play on console which makes it very tricky to target things but I've still been able to easily unsummon her whenever she would aggro onto something I didn't want her to. This was my favorite thing about the rework please don't take it away

Probably because walking through an area and having her target everything can easily get you killed. Maybe another attack mode is needed, that way she'll attack passive mobs on her own?