The only characters that in my opinion need a change are Wendy, Willow and Woodie.
- Wx-78 is extremely powerful if you get gears or during spring,
- Wigfrid has extra damage, Sanity and health from fighting and a good helmet and spear (That are only useful early game btw)
- Webber is great if you're playing solo or with others Webber's, After some time the world will be infested of spiders but he doesn't really works with other characters.
- Wes is a joke characters He's supposeed to be bad and doesn't needs a change.
- Wilson is supposeed to be boring, You can get beard hair with bunny farms anyway.
Wendy deals less damage, All mobs got more HP in DST but Abigail still has just 600 HP, She can barely deal with one lv3 spider nest and wouldn't help you at all with the bosses. She can't get a lot of blow dirts (A weapon that would be really useful to her) because she needs two hits to kill a bird with the boomerang (Birds have 25 HP , The boomerang with Wendy deal 20 damge, You need an extra hit for just 5 hp).
Just to see the damage difference:
The total damage dealt from a 100% Dark Sword is 8,500 with Wigfrid, 13,600 with Wolfgang, 6,800 with the rest and 5,100 with Wendy and Wes, Abigail dies after 3 hits of almost every boss and she deals like 300 damage to the boss during the night (When she deals 40 damage), So she will be even less helpful during the day or Dusk. That's a really huge difference. You need a lot more time to kill the bosses. She loss less sanity from mobs but it doesn't really matter because you will loss around the same that every other character because they can beat the mobs faster.
And like was mentioned before Wendy's ability to farm spiders is nothing compared to Webber and Wicker who can do the same but better.
Basically Wendy is female Wilson when she's with Abigail against normal mobs and female Wes when she's fighting bosses.
Everybody already knows why Willow and Woodie sucks.