Small Details You Like

Let's talk about small details we like in the game!

• I like the sound absorbing while winter. You really feels it!
  • I like little wordplays of characters like
    "Log(0)=1" WX-78 (examining log)
    "To bee or not to bee" Wilson (examining bees) ex.

I would be happy to read yours favorites :D
    image.png.b8ef80666b9c3b616ab243e76465773c.png

I like how deerclops gets calm after destroying 4 buildings or more and it gets a new expression on its face. I also like the fact that characters have unique examination quotes for each other for different cases. Examples:Someone who attacked a player in pvp,generic examination quote,reviver(telltale heart only),ghost and murderer.

21 minutes ago, Lammarr said:

I like how deerclops gets calm after destroying 4 buildings or more and it gets a new expression on its face. I also like the fact that characters have unique examination quotes for each other for different cases. Examples:Someone who attacked a player in pvp,generic examination quote,reviver(telltale heart only),ghost and murderer.

there's also fire starter

DST is one of the very few games where items don’t despawn after several minutes or after reloading worlds. Aside from cases like rot or hounds teeth, they don’t autostack either.

It can make for some annoying issues (twiggy tree/rot being some main issues later on), but aside from that it allows you to utilize just about every item in the game for some sort of ground decorative use, which is rare to see in other games without specific item showing things. It’s a nice thing to see in games like this.

As someone that has done entire speech files before and is currently writing a speech file now, It has given me newfound appreciation for character quotes in general. Klei could've easily just said "screw it" and not gives quotes to Wilson all those years ago, but they didn't. They went the extra mile just to have very very deep character personality in a survival game.

At first, Wigfrid not eating butterflies and Wurt eating butterflies bugged me. (heh)

Wurt specifically isn't vegetarian because of that. But after thinking about it, it made sense. She's not a vegetarian, she's an herbivore. It's not terribly uncommon for herbivores to eat bugs as well as plants. Being nonhuman, she's simply got a different biology than other survivors, same as Wortox (and Webber, but he's an extra special case).

Wigfrid, on the other hand, doesn't think bugs are food fit for a warrior because... well, they're bugs. There's no great chase or battle to smush a bug. Even killing a rabbit requires more cunning than punching a butterfly.

I like it when WX references computer things in their quotes. My favourite is probably "ERROR 502" for the (unactivated) Ancient Gateway, which literally translates to "Bad Gateway" in HTTP code.

Wurt's willingness to eat butterflies and Wigfrid's refusal to do so is explained by this Maxwell quote: "It's a flying flower." Which fits with how you can plant live ones, even though it raises more questions about the ecology of the Constant in the process. I bet the wings have the approximate taste and texture of a piece of lettuce, or maybe a handful of edible rose petals.

Archived