42 minutes ago, Tosh said:

So far, they have all been non-human creatures originating from the constant or one of the adjacent realms. This is just a theory, but I’d imagine this is a decision on Klei’s part to avoid splitting the story/lore with paid content.

I believe the devs said that the DLC characters are canonical, but not part of the main storyline. Or was it just Wortox? But I think they were referring to all 4 of them.

I personally would prefer human characters, I can identify with those much better than monster characters, like Webber or Wormwood. On the other hand, since they're not part of the main lore, I'm not really bothered by this.

10 minutes ago, fimmatek said:

I believe the devs said that the DLC characters are canonical, but not part of the main storyline. Or was it just Wortox? But I think they were referring to all 4 of them.

I personally would prefer human characters, I can identify with those much better than monster characters, like Webber or Wormwood. On the other hand, since they're not part of the main lore, I'm not really bothered by this.

A half of Webber is human tho.

Also i think you forgot the lovable automatron WX-78.

45 minutes ago, fimmatek said:

I think that’s the point. The DLC characters give the devs a chance to make characters that are a bit more on the wacky side without upsetting the players who want more human characters. It’s fully optional content that enriches the gameplay without being necessary.

Human characters are kinda boring, i'm sorry... I much prefer weird and/or monster characters since they are not only more interesting to look at, but pretty cute too. I'm really excited for Wurt, and I hope he's appropriately ugly in the fantastic fishy way!!

6 minutes ago, Butt Pillow said:

Human characters are kinda boring, i'm sorry... I much prefer weird and/or monster characters since they are not more interesting to look at, but pretty cute too.I'm really excited for Wurt, and I hope he's appropriately ugly in the fantastic fishy way!!

Plus monster characters aren't limited by human capabilities! I am super hyped! Maybe one of their skins will feature an unmermified Wurt, goat and all! (Assuming Wurt was a resident of the Gorge, and was murmified by the gnaw.)

If it's going to be a DLC character, it has to be interesting, otherwise nobody will buy him/her. So I have good faith that gameplay wise it's going to be interesting and wacky enough.

I don't mind if he/she is non-human, although an interesting human DLC char would be cool.

Also as it was mentioned in the other thread that Merms are vegetarian only, perhaps it is a good timing to introduce a vegetarian only character given how many new veggies we got recently, and the fact that the new lunar rock fruit grows all year long.

1 hour ago, ShadowDuelist said:

If it's going to be a DLC character, it has to be interesting, otherwise nobody will buy him/her. So I have good faith that gameplay wise it's going to be interesting and wacky enough.

I don't mind if he/she is non-human, although an interesting human DLC char would be cool.

Also as it was mentioned in the other thread that Merms are vegetarian only, perhaps it is a good timing to introduce a vegetarian only character given how many new veggies we got recently, and the fact that the new lunar rock fruit grows all year long.

What's the go to diet going to be for a vegetarian character? I would think eating veggies/fruits raw would be the best approach. 

Wurt abilities-

Can befriend Merms. 

Can Build his own Merm Shack.

Can Swim through Water & Collect Ocean stuffs..

Breaths Fire in an AoE attack because he’s part Dragon!

Screw Vegetarian I got a much a Better Idea, Wurt Can only eat rotten spoiled food & Wet Goop.

yeah guys... I went there, and NONE of you will ever be able to change my mind about it. :)

Just now, FuffledBeeQueen said:

While you all discuss Wurt's everything, Im here like "What will his 3 skins be..."

I remember my friend (who's really into goats) suggested an "Uncorrupted" style of skin that shows Wurt before they were mermified. (assuming Wurt was a goat from the Gorge who was mermified.) :wilson_smile:

Archived