2 minutes ago, Superwolfkid said:

Speaking about merms, I kind of just realised how merm huts and pig houses are exactly the same thing up too the planks (If you look closely)Pigrabbitmerm.jpg.e4d4abccd64bdc012e69a49fa6b1e646.jpg

Maybe Pigs were on the constant first, then the merms came in out of nowhere and started killing pigs in the swamps too steal their houses, explaining why there are pig heads out there in that said swamp. (kind of morbid ;-;) result in a war between the two and that explains the one set piece that spawns two or three merms/pigs and one of either houses. The merms trying to take over a pigs house!

The pigs are jerks tho.

Also merms houses has 4 merms inside it instead of 1 unlike pigs,what a lovely family!

34 minutes ago, Superwolfkid said:

Maybe Pigs were on the constant first, then the merms came in out of nowhere and started killing pigs in the swamps too steal their houses, explaining why there are pig heads out there in that said swamp. (kind of morbid ;-;) 

Screenshot_738.png.aa165fc493abc52a4d7c449d0c16ab7e.png

Screenshot_735.png.92f735a88ec617a5b84b634168ccf63a.pngScreenshot_736.png.84e9c33d1a6d9682ef2a5c68340023c8.png

Lore says otherwise.

Maybe their war starded because of a terrible timed full moon....

31 minutes ago, Crimson Chin said:

Mumsy and Billy said they would follow you through, I guess they just died on the way there or something..... It really would be nice to know what happened.

Look at the portrait, chances are... Wurt is partially mermified Billy, heh.

*now see the lore and Mumsy-and-Billy fans light up dumpster fires*

:D

6 minutes ago, Lammarr said:

Screenshot_734.png.995e0dbb22a6e9c2f060d20ffc7ba620.png

Screenshot_735.png.92f735a88ec617a5b84b634168ccf63a.pngScreenshot_736.png.84e9c33d1a6d9682ef2a5c68340023c8.png

Lore says otherwise.

Maybe their war started because of a terrible timed full moon....

I mean it only says before humans meaning this was before maxwell even touched the constant knowing god knows how long the gnaw was causing suffering for but you could say the same thing about pigs aswell. Pigs are in every single environment we've explored so far. Think about it! There in ds, dst, shipwrecked, hamlet, even in the gorge and the forge! There were the dominant species before we came in out of nowhere!( besides gorge being goats)

7 minutes ago, Superwolfkid said:

I mean it only says before humans meaning this was before maxwell even touched the constant knowing god knows how long the gnaw was causing suffering for but you could say the same thing about pigs aswell. Pigs are in every single environment we've explored so far. Think about it! There in ds, dst, shipwrecked, hamlet, even in the gorge and the forge! There were the dominant species before we came in out of nowhere!( besides gorge being goats)

Maybe the Pigs originated in Hamlet and Pig king had a bunch of followers with him when he left his home,some of his followers got lost in shipwrecked and turned into Wildbores and in the end they got to the RoG part of the constant.

Screenshot_738.png.ac9da754ff50ca99a387bae006fbe63e.png

Well,it's a LEGEND,but maybe...

Btw i edited the images from my post.

Wurt seems to confirm something about the DLC characters as a whole.

So far, they have all been non-human creatures originating from the constant or one of the adjacent realms. This is just a theory, but I’d imagine this is a decision on Klei’s part to avoid splitting the story/lore with paid content.

In that case, I think we most likely won’t get new human characters unless they’re free for everyone.

Well at least we got Warly as a free character,perhaps there will be more like him.

I'm glad klei decided to make the paid dlc characters have nothing to do with the main lore.

(well except wormwood,but he's kind of a lunar creature,still not really relevant,more like a pet for the other survivors lol)

7 minutes ago, Lammarr said:

Well at least we got Warly as a free character,perhaps there will be more like him.

I'm glad klei decided to make the paid dlc characters have nothing to do with the main lore.

(well except wormwood,but he's kind of a lunar creature,still not really relevant,more like a pet for the other survivors lol)

+

Well to be fair, lore wise, the constant is an old, and huge place with many civilisations, it makes sense for alot of non humans to exist. All the humans that are here got dragged to some degree by maxwell or wagstaff. But weve seen like 5 races of at least semi intelligent races active in the various games

What I'd like is a Stance Switcher (Don't worry if you dont know what this means) between Goat and Merm.
It seems that Wurt is Half Goat and Half Merm as if escaped from the Elder Bog (Gorge Event Location)
And it would be awesome if he managed to control his Corruption, something similar to the Log meter would be at your stats that grants you no negatvie or positive effects, just swaps you between 2 characters, 1 being the Goat at 0% Corruption and 1 being the Merm at 100% Corruption (perhaps some sorts of treshholds, like 0-20% is Goat and 80-100% Merm) and anything inbetween that is the 50/50 Form (Default, kinda like Wolfgang and his Wimpy/Mighty). Each Form would get different benefits, that would add a very unique character to the rooster imo since it would make you play differently depending on whether you prefer Merm's playstyle or Goat's playstyle, or perhaps you dont  care and wanna be neutral to all of this and stay 50/50

8 minutes ago, Tosh said:

Klei’s part to avoid splitting the story/lore with paid content.

I mean so far we have the story intact with some branching lore ( for example: Wortox doesn't do much in terms of the general story ( with wilson and the gang trying whatever are they doing right now ) but he is still a ''part'' of it and he has a nice side-story that actually isn't lore-breaking)

I, for one, am excited for more non-human characters. Dst already has more human characters than non-human. Plus the non-human ones expand the lore about the Constant.

About Wurt ehhh...

I'm afraid that one of their perks will be something useless like 'Doesn't lose max health after sinking'.

I hope that Klei is playtesting them right now so that we don't end up with 'Klei doesn't even playtest the content' threads 

Archived