How Can I Dispose Chests of Twigs?

I've played on my world 1,000+ in-game days. As I picked up everything thrown on the floor to decrease number of objects asap, and I got some chest full of twigs. How can I dispose them instead of turning them into ashes? Making some tools doesn't seem to decrease the quantity much. Any idea to use them? I hope there are some other choices.

Fuel for fire/flingomatics, crockpot filler, beefalo chow, and even building fences is a quick way to burn through twigs.

You could also turn them to ash to make healing salves. I usually end up with stupid amounts of spider glands, so turning them into something a bit more useful is always nice. If you also have excess grass, I found drying racks burn through twigs and grass quite quickly as well when you build them in mass.

I don't really have any good solutions to suggest, except maybe deleting the whole chest via console commands. BUT I have a name for your/your teammate's condition: Twig syndrome. It's a set of circumstances in which you end up with multiple stacks of sticks with no good use for them and typically you still feel an irresistible urge to pick up even more twigs. In result you have full inventory, no room for anything actually vital or otherwise valuable, and a feeling of great despair. And you still need more twigs. Galores of twigs abandoned on the camp floor is a typical symptom in this condition, when hopeless players do the best they can to normalize the awful situation and restore their mental health.

My pal Praash and I regularly suffer from this. We also have Grass syndrome.

if your world lags you can use some commands to delete items. i do that always.

c_deleteall("twiggytree")

or its c_deleteall(twiggy_tree") im no tsure i forgot. you can see the prefabs on the wiki page but in some rare caese they are different. just start typing and it will show you some results in the console.

the twiggy trees will regrow after a while so dont worry you wont end in a world without.

heres a list of otems i delete in my world:

seeds

rock_ice

pinecone

rabbithole

rabbit

guano

spoiled_food

mole

houndbone

boneshard

sapling

grass

skeleton

and all kind of tools

On 05.08.2019 at 5:24 PM, AFS Co. said:

I've played on my world 1,000+ in-game days. As I picked up everything thrown on the floor to decrease number of objects asap, and I got some chest full of twigs. How can I dispose them instead of turning them into ashes? Making some tools doesn't seem to decrease the quantity much. Any idea to use them? I hope there are some other choices.

Burn them and make heals, or feed them to lureplant and turn into  leafy meat → eggs, or make a lot of dragon pies and preserve them

On 8/5/2019 at 2:44 PM, NoscopeFelix said:

Feed em to a lureplant.

For long term world I always have a Trash lure plant.  Many things can not be burnt so feeding them to the trash plant is a good idea.   Surround a lure plant with flooring so only 1 or 2 eyes grow. 

On 8/6/2019 at 4:43 AM, Mrklli said:

I don't really have any good solutions to suggest, except maybe deleting the whole chest via console commands. BUT I have a name for your/your teammate's condition: Twig syndrome. It's a set of circumstances in which you end up with multiple stacks of sticks with no good use for them and typically you still feel an irresistible urge to pick up even more twigs. In result you have full inventory, no room for anything actually vital or otherwise valuable, and a feeling of great despair. And you still need more twigs. Galores of twigs abandoned on the camp floor is a typical symptom in this condition, when hopeless players do the best they can to normalize the awful situation and restore their mental health.

My pal Praash and I regularly suffer from this. We also have Grass syndrome.

There is so much truth in this.  Even my idle worlds end up suffering from grass and twig syndromes, because, because I can't resist opening all those tumbleweeds hoping for gears and ruins gems, and, and...

Eventually, I try to clean it up by turning some of them into backpacks and filling them with the grass and twigs, and then, and then...

...backpack syndrome. 

Archived