[Game Update] - 355043

43 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Amalgamator is now Rock Crusher

Condolences to whoever came up with a cool name.. and then applied it to a building that does the exact opposite. You tried, You failed, You admitted it. Sleep well tonight, friend.

46 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Fix bug where gasses could merge and convert types if two gasses tried moving into a vacuum cell on the same tick. :|:|:|:|:|:|:|:| 

Yaay. Thank you. *sits back and enjoys people's realization of just how much matter was being converted in even the simplest of bases*

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

@Ambaire no it did not that's why i was asking if it was always like that or if that was new since it was not like it spawned near the oil or the surface just way more to the left

Rime Seed: 1907887165 Geoactive-Frozen Core-Metal Rich-Geodes

the pod is on the far left side of the map

Edited by Tisamon

14 minutes ago, Junksteel said:

What you guys say about using the brand new Rock Crusher to, let's say, crush that Abyssalite rock?

I say we need some sort of adds recipe feature to techs. We already have the building to handle abyssalite, but we could postponing adding the recipe until the player research some late tech.

• Like 2

Ooh, is regular puft ranching actually viable now as a way to make slime? And can a chlorine geyser with squeakies actually sustain a reasonable number of dupes now? Someone should get the exact numbers, but at minimum it's double what it was before, which is a great change.

If I may make a suggestion Klei, instead of disabling the traits for the basic asteroid please allow us a tick box to enable/disable the trait generation. This allows us to play with the feature if we want to and to not if we don't. Preferably it would be an option for all the asteroids, giving us a clean "default" for each map style.

• Like 27

2 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:
  • New story added to the Database

Image result for surprised pikachu

• Puft Princes can eat any of the Puft foods

Wait, so can Puft Princes now consume chlorine, oxygen, and polluted oxygen??

• Plastic from the Portal comes out at a reasonable temperature

RIP whoever exposed this to the devs. :wilson_ecstatic:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Yunru said:

MY ALCHEMY! I WILL... not miss you.

Congrats!

My only problem with this is that it increases endgame tedium even more by greatly reducing hydrogen production efficiency, which in turn slows down the already painfully slow space exploration. By the time I am sending dupes to space, I am no longer racing against time and the game becomes about waiting, waiting and more waiting.

What I'd really like to see is an alternative to electrolysis for hydrogen production. In the real world, about half of all industrial hydrogen is produced by processing natural gas (a high temperature reaction that requires steam plus a low temperature reaction that requires water), and you can also produce it from coal and oil. All of the required substances are already in the game. Throw in a space-only material to make sure you still have to generate hydrogen via electrolysis to bootstrap your space program, and maybe introduce syngas to model the real world better, and you'll kill off some tedium and expand the endgame a little bit.

• Like 10

Endless request not heard yet

1 make abyssalite be crushable again

2 make balm lilies be compostable 

3 make data banks be compostable 

4 make items like ancient tables, fridges, desktops..etc be destructible or at least be dismantle and then  be rebuild in another location

5 make space statues be compostable (in my last game i have 4 stetoscope, 12 eggs, 10 colored eggs, 6 rubick cubs, etc) you see the picture

4 minutes ago, M.C. said:

My only problem with this is that it increases endgame tedium even more by greatly reducing hydrogen production efficiency, which in turn slows down the already painfully slow space exploration.

Petroleum rockets will get you just about anywhere. Hydrogen rockets do matter more because of the new asteroids, and it is annoying to need an equal mass of H2 and O2. Water is only 10% hydrogen by mass, after all.

There's nothing wrong with making space exploration a bit less of a drag. It's also a problem that can be solved by scale, sending 10+ rockets flying around at once.

• Thanks 2

When it says traits are disabled for default astroid; does that mean all astroids, or the original one we all played? Sorry about the empty post, I'm on my tablet and I can't figure out how to delete it...

Edited by Gunhaver
Mistake