All my edibles are stored into a chlorine 1x1 space. And this space can only be reached from a nature reserve, so if my dups want to eat, they have to breath the fresh wild air.

They have to go to the park, because it's the way to the machineries aera.

image.thumb.png.ca58bc1b9d6b197d87a7ba64bd9fa8c1.png

@OxCD can you please screenshot your chlorine trick to keep food fresh?

Is this a simple hole in the ground, and chlorine been heavy, it stay there?

I'm old fashion, my food is kept on CO² under the grill, but I'd love to learn new way to avoid fridge. :)

image.png.79771f0fb9819024acde693c7896405a.png

You can place your cooking and research stations in the Nature Reserve.

With some work you can actually make everything outside your base a Nature Reserve if you strategically place your doors, this even works with ladders between levels.

1 hour ago, Argelle said:

I'm old fashion, my food is kept on CO² under the grill, but I'd love to learn new way to avoid fridge. :)

I made something similar to a design I saw here quite a while ago, finished food gets shipped to the L in the great hall floor so dupes don't have to go to the kitchen to pick up dinner. The grill used to be with the oven but since the food changes they had to be separated. Previously main food source was bbq so the ingredients were shipped to the conveyor drop off that has the water lock, then the sweeper picked up cooked food and shipped to great hall. Now ingredients ship to the grill where bbq and grilled fish are made, then shipped to the oven where surf 'n turf is made. Conveyor loaders in the great hall allow unfinished meals to be picked up, pneumatic doors stop them from being included in the room therefore not breaking the great hall rule of no machinery. Weight plate turns off the grill when X amount of food is made. 

kitchen1.png

kitchen2.png

I turned my printer pod into a reserve.  To the left and right of it are my bathrooms which dupes must travel through to reach the exosuits and base exterior.  They always end up idle here at the end of their break before bed, and often pass through during the day.

image.thumb.png.0905f8a9def8c5a6171df09b2453d3a7.png

On 22/07/2019 at 6:58 PM, Argelle said:

@OxCD can you please screenshot your chlorine trick to keep food fresh?

Is this a simple hole in the ground, and chlorine been heavy, it stay there?

Sure. Here it is :

image.thumb.png.7eec40292044df6c00d8dfdd6b50e105.png

Green the chlorine pocket. Red the nature reserve.

image.thumb.png.e595b2cafb6b6fefec5b4523ee2f28c6.png

Chlorine was added (I hate other gases than O² / CO² into my bases) using a enclosed canister emptier, making use of the dup's ability for diagonal operation.

image.png.2172d84eb9a1e8ceee87ed897db06a2c.png

Just be careful of the stacking mechanism (which gas is heavier/lighter) when you build tiles on the inside to delete other gases and reduce the storage size. Do not crush the chlorine !

All credit to @Angpaur and his recent thread about kitchen design for this smart idea.

For the dirt into the nature reserve, I've designed the architecture, then :

image.thumb.png.f2e4dc6d272503a7786a57e65c14b94e.png

Where the free space is, is where I want the dirt. Load the conveyor with algae, let the segments behind the metal tiles but destroy others before the cooking otherwise it will dissipate heat around. The conveyor bridge is to force the algae to move on. I just make 1 load of steel with petroleum, it's enough to cook the algae into dirt.

image.thumb.png.bb600051bb838876dbb137ceed5fb7b5.png

image.thumb.png.cdff9f4f8a77643ffb7f3f4b14b7cee4.png

Easily done in very few cycles.

Nice idea with those ladders will implement it.

You can just use the 2 farming tiles to plant some plants (not crop) to get a nature reserve:

20190724210541_1.thumb.jpg.076792b5b32b56ebfb7ef1e9c0558115.jpg

So you don't need to heat(cook) algea to dirt near your living quarters if you have already build tiles everywhere.

On 7/24/2019 at 12:09 PM, Dead_eye said:

So you don't need to heat(cook) algea to dirt near your living quarters if you have already build tiles everywhere.

Has this been silent-patched?

What's the minimum number of tiles walked through the reserve to guarantee that a dupe gets the buff?

Empirically speaking, 4 does not appear to be enough.

I tried a park before the toilets, but the buff only keeps a fraction of a cycle. Now I have one in front of the base exit in addition. That works better. It is subject to "idle stress" though because the dupes do not go though it when idling around and we still cannot really set a location where they go when idle (besides storing exo-suits). 

001.thumb.jpg.7378613bfc7ea50ceedd3bc0ae60b081.jpg

1 hour ago, Mullematsch said:

Does anyone know how long the buff lasts and how often you can apply it?

Does it matter how much time they spend in the nature reserve etc.?

I think it is 1/4 of a cycle or so. The get it immediately when they go into the park.

So, what about if we have a Nature Reserve and Park? These buffs can stack?

Both of my exosuit docks have wild plants. It happened that in the left side I only have enough wild plants for a park while I have a Nature Reserve in the right side.

Dupes are running through those all day and it seems they don't get both buffs at the same time. Do them stick with the last buff or...?

Archived