I restarted my colony to add parks on both sides of my base in a similar configuration as above. It's a really nice fire  and forget thing, too! The buff seems to last a bit over 1/4 cycle and is easily refreshed. Highly recommend it 

On 7/24/2019 at 3:09 PM, Dead_eye said:

Nice idea with those ladders will implement it.

You can just use the 2 farming tiles to plant some plants (not crop) to get a nature reserve:

20190724210541_1.thumb.jpg.076792b5b32b56ebfb7ef1e9c0558115.jpg

So you don't need to heat(cook) algea to dirt near your living quarters if you have already build tiles everywhere.

Has this been patched or something?? Tried placing this in a staircase with a sign and some mirth seeds planted by pips, and I'm not getting it to turn into a nature reserve. Still says need 4 wild plants

As others have said, I put them in my ladder ways.  I can easily fit 4 in my base currently but I have pacu in a tile near my printing pod that I haven't moved yet, so the top right nature reserve isn't working right now.  5d90e04d22a26_NatureReserves.thumb.png.09c3d6398204323223c9377fc7941483.png

High traffic areas is what I look for.  So like where all my atmosuits exit the main base would be another good spot.  Once you understand pip planting, it's easy to put a nature reserve wherever you want.

It's also really easy to make natural tiles.  Build a door and deconstruct it.  Have to make sure that the 7 tiles around the door are solid tiles.  Really nice because you can dig up all the tiles and use whatever metal ore you have the most of to make fresh tiles.  It's relatively fast as well if you can get a dupe to stay in the area.  If you need a big area, just deconstruct every other door, go back to add extra tiles, then deconstruct the rest of the doors.

5d90ee07eb547_ezgif.com-crop(2).gif.a797703b6c2f7c5e82d13d7a4c6da871.gif

Archived